Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family (1136 Views)

Learn Not To Grieve Too Much For The Bad Decisions Of People You Love / For Men: 3 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Making Love With Married Women / Is Preserving A Marriage For The Sake Of The Children A Bad Idea? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by MeghaneMorgane(f): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2023
I have a brother who was very desperate to travel abroad over a year ago. He wanted to go through school and he tried Canadian and Turkish schools but he wasn’t given visa. We advise him to try good European and USA schools but he was too desperate and couldn’t wait. He eventually got a school in North Cyprus and travelled out. All of us spoke to him to calm down and go to a good country. My father advised him and told him that North Cyprus is like a glorified Nigeria, but he wouldn’t listen. He felt everyone didn’t want him to move forward in life. When he didn’t listen to anyone, we wished him well and had to support him. Everyone supported him in every way possible, spiritually through prayers, emotionally through advise and encouragement, and financially through sending initial money for upkeep and paying school fees.

Normally in my household, for those who have travelled out, the idea is that we support with the initial money needed to get the visa and when you get there, you should get a job and continue to fend for yourself. The problem now is that this my brother is still asking my parents for money even after 1 year. The truth is that my brother has tried to look for a part time job so many times but is not finding. But how can he find when he didn’t go to a country that has a good economy. My parents don’t have any money to send because Nigeria is just somehow right now. They said many people are owing them and are not paying. My father now will call me to send money to my brother. At the moment, I don’t have a problem with it but it’s not sustainable. I’ve told him that he shouldn’t think I’ll always bring out money anytime he asks. Because a time will come, my responsibility will not even let me look at his face. Except if God blesses me to be a multimillionaire or a billionaire.

Right now, my parents have just left him to his fate. I can completely understand because they themselves are just trying to survive in Nigeria. My father said if he cannot fend for himself he should come back to Nigeria. My dad keeps repeating it that he has done what he is supposed to do as a father and that everyone is an adult and should take care of themselves now.

I wanted to leave him to his fate like my parents because he made his decision after all. Why should I stress myself for a decision he made himself even when everyone advised and warned him. But at the end of the day, my conscience will not allow me. He is still my brother at the end of the day. I’m working with him now to see how he can leave North Cyprus immediately after his studies.

Bottom line of this is that everyone needs to make the right decisions. Don’t come and stress innocent people who didn’t make your foolish decision with you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Acidosis(m): 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
He needs to come back to Nigeria and strategize again. Very bad to make a life-long decision hastily.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Nazgul: 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
Tell him to pick whatever is left of himself and come back to Nigeria. Once he's back home, he can go back to the drawing board and make plans for a much better country.

There's no need for him to remain there since it's not favouring him anymore.

Not all Japa are worth it, the sad reality is that Nigeria is far better than most of these eastern European countries.

6 Likes

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by pocohantas(f): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
He should come back home. No need for long stories.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by sisisioge: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2023
North Cyprus bawo? It is well fa....may fortune smile on him. I am mostly in awe of people who have the boldness to come back to people who advised them against a decision to help repair a failure as a result of their decision. It takes some serious balls to do it embarassed

Good luck with the new strategy. His certificate acquired in that country will be mostly useless in other countries except naija. It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
Acidosis:

He needs to come back to Nigeria and strategize again. Very bad to make a life-long decision hastily.

If you say he should come back, he will say that is not an option. Matter taya me. Even my mum will say he cannot come back but she will not bring money to keep him there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by 1Sharon(f): 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
For him to ask your parents for money shows he doesn't want to delve into crime.

because na so so fraud boys and ashawo full Cyprus.

4 Likes

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Exmilitant(m): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
Dat one na bad decision? Aje butter things.

if i tell you of a very worse decision made; a decision that may affect even unborn children in the family you go no say ya brother matter na indiscretion.
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
Exmilitant:
Dat one na bad decision? Aje butter things.

if i tell you of a very worse decision made; a decision that may affect even unborn children in the family you go no say ya brother matter na indiscretion.
Sorry about that. I guess what we classify as bad decisions vary from person to person.
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
1Sharon:
For him to ask your parents for money shows he doesn't want to delve into crime.

because na so so fraud boys and ashawo full Cyprus.
I thank God he isn’t into fraud 🙏🏾
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
sisisioge:
North Cyprus bawo? It is well fa....may fortune smile on him. I am mostly in awe of people who have the boldness to come back to people who advised them against a decision to help repair a failure as a result of their decision. It takes some serious boys to do it embarassed

Good luck with the new strategy. His certificate acquired in that country will be mostly useless in other countries except naija. It is well.
It is well 🙏🏾
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
Nazgul:
Tell him to pick whatever is left of himself and come back to Nigeria. Once he's back home, he can go back to the drawing board and make plans for a much better country.

There's no need for him to remain there since it's not favouring him anymore.

Not all Japa are worth it, the sad reality is that Nigeria is far better than most of these eastern European countries.

True. Not all japa are worth it 😩
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Nice2023(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Where are those that used to say "come back and make I go."

Na Cyprus and none of u are talking now.

Cyprus wey the sun alone go melt ur sandal.

That place was annexed by Turkey and abandoned since 1970's or there about.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
Fool wanted to Japa and chose north Cyprus of all countries. Doesn't he have Google grin grin grin. Even some popular good countries with good economies are a no go area. I won't advise anyone I love to move to a country like Switzerland even though it's one of the best countries in the world. People need to read and research a country before they immigrate.

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by MeghaneMorgane(f): 10:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Fool wanted to Japa and chose north Cyprus of all countries. Doesn't he have Google grin grin grin. Even some popular good countries with good economies are a no go area. I won't advise anyone I love to move to a country like Switzerland even though it's one of the best countries in the world. People need to read and research a country before they immigrate.

You’re the fool! Don’t call my brother a fool.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
MeghaneMorgane:

But I am not stuck and hungry in a shithole grin grin. Just googling north Cyprus alone brings a myriad of bad news. Search north Cyprus on YouTube and the first link is about how African students are all suffering there. There's a documentary by DW. I am sorry but if your brother cannot make use of these to research a country before he goes then he's a big fool. This is even a graduate not a child.

FYI, degrees from north Cyprus are only recognized in turkey so if your brother plans to use that as a springboard to anywhere it's dead on arrival. Even if he gets a Cyprus citizenship which I don't see it happening, he can only go to one country with it and that's turkey. He should end the degree and come back to Nigeria. Degrees from north Cyprus can't be used anywhere. You can't even evaluate it by Wes. A simple search on Google and even on nairaland here would have revealed this.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by chigator2: 12:47am On Mar 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Which countries are advisable for a Nigerian
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Klass99(f): 2:24am On Mar 20, 2023

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Uyi168: 2:37am On Mar 20, 2023
MeghaneMorgane:
I have a brother who was very desperate to travel abroad over a year ago. He wanted to go through school and he tried Canadian and Turkish schools but he wasn’t given visa. We advise him to try good European and USA schools but he was too desperate and couldn’t wait. He eventually got a school in North Cyprus and travelled out. All of us spoke to him to calm down and go to a good country. My father advised him and told him that North Cyprus is like a glorified Nigeria, but he wouldn’t listen. He felt everyone didn’t want him to move forward in life. When he didn’t listen to anyone, we wished him well and had to support him. Everyone supported him in every way possible, spiritually through prayers, emotionally through advise and encouragement, and financially through sending initial money for upkeep and paying school fees.

Normally in my household, for those who have travelled out, the idea is that we support with the initial money needed to get the visa and when you get there, you should get a job and continue to fend for yourself. The problem now is that this my brother is still asking my parents for money even after 1 year. The truth is that my brother has tried to look for a part time job so many times but is not finding. But how can he find when he didn’t go to a country that has a good economy. My parents don’t have any money to send because Nigeria is just somehow right now. They said many people are owing them and are not paying. My father now will call me to send money to my brother. At the moment, I don’t have a problem with it but it’s not sustainable. I’ve told him that he shouldn’t think I’ll always bring out money anytime he asks. Because a time will come, my responsibility will not even let me look at his face. Except if God blesses me to be a multimillionaire or a billionaire.

Right now, my parents have just left him to his fate. I can completely understand because they themselves are just trying to survive in Nigeria. My father said if he cannot fend for himself he should come back to Nigeria. My dad keeps repeating it that he has done what he is supposed to do as a father and that everyone is an adult and should take care of themselves now.

I wanted to leave him to his fate like my parents because he made his decision after all. Why should I stress myself for a decision he made himself even when everyone advised and warned him. But at the end of the day, my conscience will not allow me. He is still my brother at the end of the day. I’m working with him now to see how he can leave North Cyprus immediately after his studies.

Bottom line of this is that everyone needs to make the right decisions. Don’t come and stress innocent people who didn’t make your foolish decision with you.

right decision in this context may be relative and subjective..

if a plan fails, we say the decision wasn't right and if the plan succeed, we'd say well done..

support him with the little u can. To him at that point, he was making the right decision.

1 Like

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Gerrard59(m): 3:15am On Mar 20, 2023
MeghaneMorgane:

So, what do we call a stubborn man who refused to listen to his parents and siblings after they warned him about his choice? It is not like the information about Northern Cyprus is not online - it is literally everywhere. So, what should Tensa have termed your brother? The wisest man ever liveth?

Africans studying in Northern Cyprus: https://www.google.com/search?q=Africans+studying+in+Northern+Cyprus&rlz=1C1EJFA_enNG757NG757&sxsrf=AJOqlzUE7rGKhXwu3B6JoUxzwWggIXuydg%3A1679278306789&ei=4sAXZPThL8ri2roP8I-duAw&ved=0ahUKEwj02tGXt-n9AhVKsVYBHfBHB8cQ4dUDCA8&uact=5&oq=Africans+studying+in+Northern+Cyprus&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzoKCAAQRxDWBBCwAzoHCCMQsAIQJzoFCAAQhgM6BAgjECc6BQgAEKIEOgcIABAeEKIESgQIQRgAUPwDWIMhYMAkaAFwAXgAgAGGBYgB_xuSAQswLjEuNC4yLjEuMpgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Africans studying in Brazil: https://www.google.com/search?q=Africans+studying+in+brazil&rlz=1C1EJFA_enNG757NG757&sxsrf=AJOqlzV69KrVxeXaYQgJN_-ffg9GSMUe7w%3A1679278475792&ei=i8EXZJiHMN2u2roPlZSduAw&ved=0ahUKEwjY-Jzot-n9AhVdl1YBHRVKB8cQ4dUDCA8&uact=5&oq=Africans+studying+in+brazil&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzoKCAAQRxDWBBCwA0oECEEYAFCvAljQCmDFDGgBcAF4AIAByAOIAYUMkgEJMC4yLjMuMC4xmAEAoAEByAEIwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz-serp

Let's fear God in what we do na.
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Gerrard59(m): 3:21am On Mar 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

But I am not stuck and hungry in a shithole grin grin. Just googling north Cyprus alone brings a myriad of bad news. Search north Cyprus on YouTube and the first link is about how African students are all suffering there. There's a documentary by DW. I am sorry but if your brother cannot make use of these to research a country before he goes then he's a big fool. This is even a graduate not a child.

FYI, degrees from north Cyprus are only recognized in turkey so if your brother plans to use that as a springboard to anywhere it's dead on arrival. Even if he gets a Cyprus citizenship which I don't see it happening, he can only go to one country with it and that's turkey. He should end the degree and come back to Nigeria. Degrees from north Cyprus can't be used anywhere. You can't even evaluate it by Wes. A simple search on Google and even on nairaland here would have revealed this.

As bad as Abike is, she warned young Nigerians travelling to North Cyprus. He should just return to Nigeria quietly. Where God would punish him is if he is Igbo and beckons on the immigration office for help. grin
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 20, 2023
I wouldn't send him a dime!
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:08am On Mar 20, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You're making a good point, but it's being tainted by abuses. That will likely irk the receiver, as we have already seen above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by somehow: 5:12am On Mar 20, 2023
Instead of wasting more money feeding and clothing him, gather the money and send him a ticket home.

I can boldly say that there are countries all over the world that Nigeria is 10 times better than including inside Europe and Asia.
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 20, 2023
If he says he doesn't want to go back to Nigeria, then let him sort himself out there then.
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Foodqueen(f): 5:56am On Mar 20, 2023
He shouldn't waste his time, staying cos of school.

The certificate is as useless
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Regex: 7:11am On Mar 20, 2023
MeghaneMorgane:

One thing I hate about foolish people is, they will always make their problem an 'our problem'. He was warned wasn't he? Why couldn't he look for countries as cheap as North Cyprus and school in than going to North Cyprus? Nigerians will never research on their own, they will make dumb decisions and will rely on family or people to bail them out. Why would you want to be his savior? He will still make same mistake again. Allow him chest this one probably he will be wiser next time.
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Regex: 7:16am On Mar 20, 2023
MeghaneMorgane:

But your brother has displayed the characteristics of a fool. Why is he not a fool but the person you responded to?
Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:27am On Mar 20, 2023
Regex:

But your brother has displayed the characteristics of a fool. Why is he not a fool but the person you responded to?

He made a foolish decision but that doesn’t make him a fool. So please mind your language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by pocohantas(f): 7:54am On Mar 20, 2023
Klass99:

Both of you made me smile, it's like you guys don't understand the mentality Nigerians have when they japa - it is a we die here sort of mentality, even when the country of destination doesn't favour them.

I am starting to lose patience and sympathy with the ones I know personally, because they can't manage the consequences of their choices and are regularly using their blues to spoil your reggae all the way from obodo.....

Yet, they will have us believe Naija is a shithole and every oyinbo country is better than ours, while relying on Nigerians living in Naija for their moral, spiritual and financial support. No be ment be that?

They are everywhere. Even NL Travel section has them. Can’t be me sha. I can’t leave Nigeria to go have hypertension abroad.

1 Like

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by Dailyparrot: 8:31am On Mar 20, 2023
MeghaneMorgane:

He made a foolish decision but that doesn’t make him a fool. So please mind your language.

Your argument is like saying that a dog is a female does not mean you should call it a b$tch

LOL

As much as it hurts to see your loved one called the name that he deserves, you have to bear this one.

When you take a decision as foolish as this, you are a compound FOOL!

I am assuming that he knows the family that he comes from. That you will always come to his aid. Let anyone take such a decision in my family and watch himself trek from North Cyprus to Nigeria bare footed grin

3 Likes

Re: Avoid Making Bad Decisions Even If Not For Your Sake, But For Your Family by CaveAdullam: 9:05am On Mar 20, 2023
1. Every commander goes to war with a winning expectation. Even the general with a lower number of men in his legion is ambitious that he will win. He sees himself as the exception. He wants a name for himself. He wants to become the first hero, the pioneer, the pacesetter of a mission thought impossible.

2. The male gender is like that kind of commander and army general. He seeks freedom. He seeks glory. He's not just hopeful, but energetic to accomplish his mission. This is your brother.

3. He has the future of the family in his heart. If you pierce into his aorta, you'll find out that he doesn't seek glory for himself alone, but for his family, friends, and other loved ones.

4. Before launching a war, the general must weigh the strength of his army and enemy. He must understand the terrain and atmosphere. He must understand his mind and that of his enemy.

Having a good strategy is important, however, he must be flexible with his strategy when it fails to meet demand. He must be versatile. The wise general doesn't only plan for victory. He puts failure into consideration and good counterattacks.

5. From a good number of information online, Cyprus is a bad choice for every immigrant. However, your brother was a hasty general. His motives were limpid, but he lacks both a good strategy and counterattacks. He has lost the war.

6. Every attempt to resuscitate him will make the situation worst for him. His best option is to conclude with his study mission or better abort it and fall back to base - Nigeria.

He must be counseled by your good father that he must put shame aside, and not allow his ego to blockade him. When he comes back, he can go back to the drawing board and plan another mission.

Thanks.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Women and Marriage in the US / 72 Yr Old Man In Drug Net / 17-year-old Girl Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Kirikiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.