Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election (726 Views)

Gunmen Stole Kogi Gov’ship Election Petitions From Tribunal Secretary – Police / 2023: God Will Punish Those Who Rigged Ogun Gov’ship Election– Adebutu Blows Hot / Lagos Gov’ship Election: Upload Results Immediately Voting Ends – Court To INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by ajibadeolusesan(m): 11:05am On Mar 20, 2023
Election of deaths: Rivers, Benue lead as 27 people die during 2023 gubernatorial polls

The 2023 governorship and state assembly elections will go down as one of the most brutal with violence since the advent of the Fourth Republic as no fewer than 27 people died during the polls, Iwitensslive checks revealed.

Governorship elections were held in 28 states as eight other states fall within the off-season cycle but state house of assembly polls took place in all 36 states of the federation.

Violence characterised the process in almost all the states but fatalities were recorded in 10 states including Lagos, Rivers, Benue, and Akwa Ibom.

There were cases of intense violence in Ondo where a cop was shot, Imo where some staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission were abducted but later rescued by the security forces.

There are cases of shootings in Osun, Ogun, Kano, Oyo, Enugu, Taraba and Bayelsa.

One person died in each state of Kebbi, Ebonyi, Cross River, Katsina and Niger. Two fatalities were recorded in Akwa Ibom State just as three persons were reportedly killed in Lagos State.

Five persons have so been killed in the election that took place in Delta State on Saturday.

Rivers and Benue States accounted for most of the casualties recorded in the elections. The states recorded six deaths each in the post that recorded the brutal way.

[https://iwitnesslive.com/2023/03/20/election-of-deaths-rivers-benue-lead-as-27-people-die-during-2023-gubernatorial-polls/][Election of deaths: Rivers, Benue lead as 27 people die during 2023 gubernatorial polls]

Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by shigishege: 11:12am On Mar 20, 2023
Where LP no win, na election of death there grin cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Nuhskhut: 11:16am On Mar 20, 2023
May the Almighty ease the affairs of the weak.
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Typicool8(m): 11:18am On Mar 20, 2023
shigishege:
Where LP no win, na election of death there grin cheesy

You're irredeemably daft and stupid

1 Like

Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by shigishege: 11:27am On Mar 20, 2023
Typicool8:

You're irredeemably daft and stupid
grin bros these your aggression no be here oo. It's not easy for you people right now sha to lose woefully both in your home states and outside. But bro, you know what, take little time off social media you will be ok as more realities sets in. You will live in Nigeria to witness Yoruba progressing. It's just starting right now. God has answered all our prayers even in the presence of our staunch enemies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Typicool8(m): 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2023
shigishege:
grin bros these your aggression no be here oo. It's not easy for you people right now sha to lose woefully both in your home states and outside. But bro, you know what, take little time off social media you will be ok as more realities sets in. You will live in Nigeria to witness Yoruba progressing. It's just starting right now. God has answered all our prayers even in the presence of our staunch enemies.

You're really daft to come to a conclusion that I am Igbo..ode oshi

1 Like

Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by KanwuliaExtra: 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
America with over 300 million people
Kenya did elections

What a DISGRACE!!!🙄
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Hoelujohn: 2:01pm On Mar 20, 2023
shigishege:
Paid mi, you deserve to be allocated a bus stop from MC Oluomo as compensation for your hardwork.

1 Like

Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by honestivo(m): 2:16pm On Mar 20, 2023
No body will be arrested
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by shigishege: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hoelujohn:

Paid mi, you deserve to be allocated a bus stop from MC Oluomo as compensation for your hardwork.
I go collect am !!!!!!!!
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by shigishege: 2:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
Typicool8:

You're really daft to come to a conclusion that I am Igbo..ode oshi
are you trying to claim Yoruba??
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Africblogng: 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
ajibadeolusesan:
Election of deaths: Rivers, Benue lead as 27 people die during 2023 gubernatorial polls

The 2023 governorship and state assembly elections will go down as one of the most brutal with violence since the advent of the Fourth Republic as no fewer than 27 people died during the polls, Iwitensslive checks revealed.

Governorship elections were held in 28 states as eight other states fall within the off-season cycle but state house of assembly polls took place in all 36 states of the federation.

Violence characterised the process in almost all the states but fatalities were recorded in 10 states including Lagos, Rivers, Benue, and Akwa Ibom.

There were cases of intense violence in Ondo where a cop was shot, Imo where some staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission were abducted but later rescued by the security forces.

There are cases of shootings in Osun, Ogun, Kano, Oyo, Enugu, Taraba and Bayelsa.

One person died in each state of Kebbi, Ebonyi, Cross River, Katsina and Niger. Two fatalities were recorded in Akwa Ibom State just as three persons were reportedly killed in Lagos State.

Five persons have so been killed in the election that took place in Delta State on Saturday.

Rivers and Benue States accounted for most of the casualties recorded in the elections. The states recorded six deaths each in the post that recorded the brutal way.

[https://iwitnesslive.com/2023/03/20/election-of-deaths-rivers-benue-lead-as-27-people-die-during-2023-gubernatorial-polls/][Election of deaths: Rivers, Benue lead as 27 people die during 2023 gubernatorial polls]
I can't die for politicians who doesn't have me in their plans
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Typicool8(m): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
shigishege:
are you trying to claim Yoruba??

By the grace of God I am a full blown yoruba man
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Proudlyomonna: 4:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
Typicool8:

By the grace of God I am a full blown yoruba man

Do you stand with the Apc Structure of doom, destruction, insecurity and electoral criminalities? If you do then you are Yoruba.
If you don't then you are Igbo according to agbado infested urchins grin
Eg FFK.
He was Igbo and ipob to Agbado infested urchins before,but now Yoruba for standing with the evil Apc Structure of electorial criminalities grin
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Typicool8(m): 4:55pm On Mar 20, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Do you stand with the Apc Structure of doom, destruction, insecurity and electoral criminalities? If you do then you are Yoruba.
If you don't then you are Igbo according to agbado infested urchins grin
Eg FFK.
He was Igbo and ipob to Agbado infested urchins before,but now Yoruba for standing with the evil Apc Structure of electorial criminalities grin

I am Yoruba but I really hate those urchins with passion..
Re: Election Of Deaths: Rivers, Benue Lead As 27 People Die During Gov'ship Election by Proudlyomonna: 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Typicool8:

I am Yoruba but I really hate those urchins with passion..

Hahaha they will never accept your Yorubaness unless you become a supporter of the evil Apc Structure of doom and destruction and electoral criminality that is structured to put the common man in penury grin grin
Urchins from your side and ipob from my side no dey hear word,them get coconut head grin

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwanso Son In Law Becomes Kano Governor. / Chimamanda:i Supported Obi Because Am An Igbo Woman / The Real Map Of Biafra Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.