Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

On Your First Trimester? Ask Me Anything About... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / On Your First Trimester? Ask Me Anything About... (360 Views)

What To Expect In You First Trimester Of Pregnancy / Pregnancy 101: A Comprehensive Guide To Navigating Your First Trimester / What Nutrients Do You Need During The First Trimester? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Your First Trimester? Ask Me Anything About... by Nkanlolaa: 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello everyone, I'm Elizabeth, a nurse and midwife for over 15 years now. I know first-hand it's not easy for women during pregnancy (trust me it's not, I have four kids) especially if it's their first pregnancy and a lot of women would like to ask some questions about their pregnancy whether it's the first one, or second which they may not even be able to ask the doctor. This week I want to answer questions on first trimester probIems and morning sickness.

Okay shoot guys, ask your questions. I'm waiting!!
Re: On Your First Trimester? Ask Me Anything About... by 22o62021: 10:44pm On Mar 20, 2023
When us the best time to start ante-natal?
Re: On Your First Trimester? Ask Me Anything About... by Nkanlolaa: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
22o62021:
When us the best time to start ante-natal?

It depends. If your pregnancy has reached 16 to 20 weeks atmost 28 weeks and you don't have any issues you can start antenatal classes. But if you're having issues you should start as early as when you're 12 to 16 weeks pregnant. For example there are people who have previous history of preeclampsia and eclampsia, they need to be registered early so that they will be properly monitored. Sorry for the delay in answering your question. Remember to ask if you have another wink.
Re: On Your First Trimester? Ask Me Anything About... by Cibel59(f): 3:19am On Mar 22, 2023
Hello 👋 good morning nurse. I've given birth Sha but my problem is the stitches I got while delivering my baby. It's been six weeks already and the pain is still there. In fact, anytime I wash there, I usually feel something like lump abi tiny pimple like stuff there and it hurts like mad.

PLEASE, help.
Re: On Your First Trimester? Ask Me Anything About... by Nkanlolaa: 10:24am On Mar 22, 2023
Cibel59:
Hello 👋 good morning nurse. I've given birth Sha but my problem is the stitches I got while delivering my baby. It's been six weeks already and the pain is still there. In fact, anytime I wash there, I usually feel something like lump abi tiny pimple like stuff there and it hurts like mad.

PLEASE, help.

You got a perennial or episiotomy tear (the stitches you're talking about) so your doctor or midwife sutured the tear. Did u try Sitz birth for the 6 weeks? Because it's Sitz birth and antibiotics that will aid the healing of the stichy site that is causing you pain. I hope you were counseled on Sitz birth. My adivice is:
1. Stop dipping ur finger into the stitch area so that u will not expose urself to infection.
2. Ensure personal hygiene
3. Eat balanced diet, rich in Vitamins C.
4. Stop worrying about it so that u will be able to concentrate on taking care of yourself and your baby.
5. Visit your hospital so that they will counsel you further and so to that you will know if the stitches are actually hralung or not. If it's not healing or it's breaking they might perform secondary suturing on you.

Ask more questions wink !
Re: On Your First Trimester? Ask Me Anything About... by Booler: 6:28am On Feb 20
Nkanlolaa:

You got a perennial or episiotomy tear (the stitches you're talking about) so your doctor or midwife sutured the tear. Did u try Sitz birth for the 6 weeks? Because it's Sitz birth and antibiotics that will aid the healing of the stichy site that is causing you pain. I hope you were counseled on Sitz birth. My adivice is:
1. Stop dipping ur finger into the stitch area so that u will not expose urself to infection.
2. Ensure personal hygiene
3. Eat balanced diet, rich in Vitamins C.
4. Stop worrying about it so that u will be able to concentrate on taking care of yourself and your baby.
5. Visit your hospital so that they will counsel you further and so to that you will know if the stitches are actually hralung or not. If it's not healing or it's breaking they might perform secondary suturing on you.

Ask more questions wink !
good morning, pls do u mind sharing your number with me?

(1) (Reply)

Somack Aju Mbaise / Unuedo And NMA Edo Chapter To Hold Webinar / Please How To Get Rid Of Acne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.