Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It (731 Views)

Naira Redesigning: 10 Changes Made To Nigeria’s Currency Since Independence / Why Do Yoruba Forget That Fulani Has Been Trying To Enslave Yoruba Since 1825? / Meet Nigeria's First Ladies Since Independence (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by BitterTruth01: 4:07am On Mar 21, 2023
Obasanjo did not play their tribal game so they didn’t consider him one of their own .

Shonekan was just an interim president who lasted a few months .

This is the first time Yoruba has actually held federal power since independence and their true nature is revealed.

But to some Nigerians , their recent mass bigotry is not surprising at all. It has always been there just underneath the skin and now they’re in power , it’s time for the monster to come out
Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:30am On Mar 21, 2023
All these hatred because Obingo lost?

14 Likes

Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by Strafudeen: 4:32am On Mar 21, 2023
They showed their true character, Christians among them pointed fellow Christians of other tribes to killers...like in Rwanda
Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by Tunechi5(m): 4:35am On Mar 21, 2023
Una don insult everyone finish even we that voted for obi where would 2027 votes come from ?

9 Likes

Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by BitterTruth01: 5:10am On Mar 21, 2023
Tunechi5:
Una don insult everyone finish even we that voted for obi where would 2027 votes come from ?

Those I’m referring to know themselves , the power hungry ones and those who want to reap where they didn’t sow. The bigoted ones who do not really care about this country .

There’re a lot of conscientious Yorubas who have also been attacked by their fellow Yorubas for voting Obi
Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by newdawnlive: 5:22am On Mar 21, 2023
another 8 years of crying

4 Likes

Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by elonmuskbaby: 5:25am On Mar 21, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
All these hatred because Obingo lost?
I Never see this amount of entitled and narcissistic people before.they no just dey taya.since Saturday they no gree anybody rest grin

Even PDP and other parties no wail reach this level.ahannn kilode na grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by tunwumi: 5:35am On Mar 21, 2023
How can we separate you from your tribal sentiments towards the Yoruba? When you open you mouth here you are not a tribalist but when we reply you we are tribalist. Abeg see me see trouble oooo

BitterTruth01:
Obasanjo did not play their tribal game so they didn’t consider him one of their own .

Shonekan was just an interim president who lasted a few months .

This is the first time Yoruba has actually held federal power since independence and their true nature is revealed.

But to some Nigerians , their recent mass bigotry is not surprising at all. It has always been there just underneath the skin and now they’re in power , it’s time for the monster to come out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by 9gerian: 6:06am On Mar 21, 2023
Why Rwanda?

Was anyone that you know killed? Or are you just imagining things and wishing for all you wrote to happen?

If you have evidence about any non-indigenes killed over the elections in Lagos, kindly share. If not, stop imagining and wishing for evil just for propaganda purposes please.

Strafudeen:
They showed their true character, Christians among them pointed fellow Christians of other tribes to killers...like in Rwanda

3 Likes

Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by BitterTruth01: 6:34am On Mar 21, 2023
9gerian:
Why Rwanda?

Was anyone that you know killed? Or are you just imagining things and wishing for all you wrote to happen?

If you have evidence about any non-indigenes killed over the elections in Lagos, kindly share. If not, stop imagining and wishing for evil just for propaganda purposes please.

Looks like you’re living in a bubble.
Oga people were shot n Lagos . Not everybody is as peaceful minded as you.
Were you not here when an Igbo spare parts market was burnt down ? And they shot the security .

Meanwhile the worst is yet to come. Your brothers are planning something .

You will say it’s fake news now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSxtvkE8uIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BG92Ax__t0
Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by BitterTruth01: 6:35am On Mar 21, 2023
noleflendum:
see lover of Nigeria who once called it a Zoo

Lol my name is not Tinubu

Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by BitterTruth01: 6:39am On Mar 21, 2023
tunwumi:

How can we separate you from your tribal sentiments towards the Yoruba? When you open you mouth here you are not a tribalist but when we reply you we are tribalist. Abeg see me see trouble oooo

But what was the offence ? Igbos voted a candidate of their choice and suddenly they’ve become interlopers in yoruba politics ‼️

Is that not a constitutionally protected right, to vote as you want ? Or am I missing something here ?

Stop playing the ostrich .
Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by tunwumi: 6:50am On Mar 21, 2023
Wailing wailer spotted

BitterTruth01:

But what was the offence ? Igbos voted a candidate of their choice and suddenly they’ve become interlopers in yoruba politics ‼️

Is that not a constitutionally protected right, to vote as you want ? Or am I missing something here ?

Stop playing the ostrich .
Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by BitterTruth01: 6:55am On Mar 21, 2023
tunwumi:
Wailing wailer spotted

You’re not serious .

I thought you asked a serious question but apparently you really have nothing objective to reply . You just wanna be mischievous
Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by noleflendum: 6:57am On Mar 21, 2023
BitterTruth01:

Lol my name is not Tinubu
stale
Re: Power Had Eluded Yoruba Since Independence, Now They Finally Have It by 9gerian: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2023
The person who was shot was described as a thug who went to disrupt the elections in Okota.

The spare parts market may or may not have been torched by thugs as have been alleged. This is where the police is needed to help unravel the cause of the incident. All available data or information should be compiled and used to pursue a legal inquiry and redress.

I say this because I have seen some attempts at sensational reporting geared towards inciting violence. Rather suspiciously, there were a few fires in different regions around the elections period.

Your second video (which I had seen earlier) did not show grave bodily harm to the victims recorded. Mostly because back and side views were captured instead of the front or actual parts where there may be the blood and injuries.

This is why I challenged the Rwanda analogy as being sensational.

Nonetheless, it is advisable that those planning attacks whether Yoruba thugs or others who may be trying to incite violence should be reminded that when trouble is forced to start, it cannot be controlled to affect only your perceived enemies, not even by those that started it, hence their loved ones and interests may fall victim. The DSS should be proactive and start picking and cross examining people who are spoiling for post election violence. A few examples, and things will return to normal quickly.

Peace is always better. Shalom!

BitterTruth01:

Looks like you’re living in a bubble.
Oga people were shot n Lagos . Not everybody is as peaceful minded as you.
Were you not here when an Igbo spare parts market was burnt down ? And they shot the security .

Meanwhile the worst is yet to come. Your brothers are planning something .

You will say it’s fake news now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSxtvkE8uIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BG92Ax__t0

(1) (Reply)

Obidents Beg President-elect Tinubu For ministerial post for Peter Gringory obi / Tinubu Presidency Will Guarantee Nigeria Of Our Dream - Sen. Raji Rasaki / Invitation Card For Tinubu, Shettima Swearing-In On May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.