Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,353 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:06 AM

How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) (1871 Views)

How Opay Has Saved Me During This Naira Scarcity / How Opay Is Making Giant Strides In Ondo State / Importance Of Keeping A Good Diary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 9:57am On Mar 21, 2023
I am literally in tears as I type this.
you see guys, some of you guys who are into football betting here must have known me already.
Especially if you are always on that football prediction thread.
from my days as freshaboki to greendice to my days as oganadraw.
I started reselling kitchen wares and I see small change every now and then from the business. some weeks, I fit no smell 2k but I am very hopeful and I keep pushing.

Now let me get into the gist.
some few weeks ago, I downloaded the Opay app because some POS agents where requesting for Opay transfer as alternative to normal bank transfer because of delay and network issues associated with normal banks and I quickly did so since my only ATM card got expired.

I have been trying to raise N60k to enable me secure a domain name and hosting plan for a single product website as well as fund sponsored advert on facebook, instagram and tiktok as I have already built the webpage.

Since I created the Opay account, any time I get small change, I will quickly transfer the money to my Opay and Fund my betting account with N1K and above, depending on the amount that I have with the hope of wining the money i needed to execute my plan, then use the rest to sort things and feed.
Honestly, since I opened the opay account, I have never won a forecast that I cashed out.

So today, I was going through my Opay app to confirm a transaction only to discover the shock of my life.
I discovered that the total amount I have spent in funding my betting account within this short period was over 60k, which was slightly above the amount i was hoping to get before this weekend.

I have made up my mind to start saving and avoid betting.

Money we spend on betting sometimes can be put to better use if we can save it and invest in any small business. It will also shock you if you sit down to calculate the total amount you have spent this month on betting alone.

I know a lot of people will not like this Including betting companies and Opay, But I think it will be evil of me to keep to myself when I know my story can save others.

Before I go, I just want to put it on record here that I have officially retired from gambling this day 21/03/2023.

Have a blessed day and stay accountable.
Cheers!

Cc mynd44 seun Dominique

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Redomi(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2023
Betting is not a good thing.

7 Likes

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 10:20am On Mar 21, 2023
Redomi:
Betting is not a good thing.
You can say that again
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 21, 2023
Ogatobe:

You can say that again
oh my god greendice dont do this to us oo remember winners never quit and quitters never win. maybe its tomorrow dont give up bro i like ur draws #sarcasm betting is very very bad thing it leads directly to poverty

1 Like

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Toluwanise247(m): 10:37am On Mar 21, 2023
I don’t want to go into it
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Nobody: 10:39am On Mar 21, 2023
Ogatobe:
you see guys, some of you guys who are into football betting here must have known me already.
I started reselling kitchen wares and I see small change every now and then from the business. some weeks, I fit no smell 2k but I am very hopeful and I keep pushing.

some few weeks ago, I downloaded the Opay app because some POS agents where requesting for Opay transfer as alternative to normal bank transfer because of delay and network issues associated with normal banks and I quickly did so since my only ATM card got expired.

I have been trying to raise N60k to enable me secure a domain name and hosting plan for a single product website as well as fund sponsored advert on facebook, instagram and tiktok as I have already built the webpage.

Since I created the Opay account, any time I get small change, I will quickly transfer the money to my Opay and Fund my betting account with N1K and above, depending on the amount that I have with the hope of wining the money i needed to execute my plan, then use the rest to sort things and feed.
Honestly, since I opened the opay account, I have never won a forecast that I cashed out.

So today, I was going through my Opay app to confirm a transaction only to discover the shock of my life.
I discovered that the total amount I have spent in funding my betting account within this short period was over 60k, which was slightly above the amount i was hoping to get before this weekend.

Money we spend on betting sometimes can be put to better use if we can save it and invest in any small business. It will also shock you if you sit down to calculate the total amount you have spent this month on betting alone.

I know a lot of people will not like this Including betting companies and Opay, But I think it will be evil of me to keep to myself when I know my story can save others.

Before I go, I just want to put it on record here that I have officially retired from gambling this day 21/03/2023.

Cheers!

Cc mynd44 seun Dominique
now that i have nthing let me check my opay nd see
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Disembark: 10:49am On Mar 21, 2023
Wiseone28 n co
If greendice can quit
You too can
Say no to gambling and back2back crumb begging

4 Likes

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 11:38am On Mar 21, 2023
Abba114:
oh my god greendice dont do this to us oo remember winners never quit and quitters never win. maybe its tomorrow dont give up bro i like ur draws #sarcasm betting is very very bad thing it leads directly to poverty
grin
Serious poverty o!
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 11:38am On Mar 21, 2023
Toluwanise247:
I don’t want to go into it
Good for you!
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 11:39am On Mar 21, 2023
Abba114:
now that i have nthing let me check my opay nd see
Lol
E fit still shock you.
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 11:40am On Mar 21, 2023
Disembark:
Wiseone28 n co
If greendice can quit
You too can
So no to gambling and back2back crumb begging

If I can, anybody can.
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by PJtech: 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Person wey go still drop 5 draw games
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
PJtech:

grin
Not this time around Bro.
That N60k I wasted would have earned me over 5m within a month.

1 Like

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by PJtech: 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
send me 1k
Ogatobe:

grin
Not this time around Bro.
That N60k I wasted would have earned me over 5m within a month.
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
PJtech:
send me 1k
Kpele
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Kimikazi2: 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
No be sportybet icon I dey see for that screenshot so? Dey play...
Modified: I can see sportybet, WhatsApp, Telegram, Phoenix browser. I don't know the last icon that's dot.
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Wiseone28 samueltemi337 miracood2 reloadedisrealp tk4all abeg make una help me pjtech this comrade. I need draws this weekend. grin
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Shopwiiser: 6:00pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ogatobe:

Cheers!

Cc mynd44 seun Dominique
I swear my man, see mine. I hope to live a normal life henceforth and I believe God will strengthen me and be by my side not to go back

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Passionet: 6:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ogatobe:

Cheers!

Cc mynd44 seun Dominique

You are not alone.
The painful thing is that some kid will still denegrate you and tell you betting is the road to Valhalla.
It's not suppose to be that way. Betting can never build a solid foundation for majority of the people, it only helps about 1/1000 of people all the time. And the fact of the matter is that we don't really know the full story of how these betting influencers even make their money.

Working hard and building passive income is the key, it's not overnight but you'll find fulfillment and purpose. Congratulations on your decision, it's the right thing to do.

Mynd44 this needs to be on the front page

3 Likes

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Passionet: 6:06pm On Mar 21, 2023
PJtech:

My bro, trust me. One day will come you'll just see no benefit in this stuff. You go old oo and time dey go like that.

2 Likes

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Passionet: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
Disembark:
Wiseone28 n co
If greendice can quit
You too can
Say no to gambling and back2back crumb begging

Years ago I use to frown and call people fools who use to say this stuff.

Now I support you 100%. Quitting gambling is the best peace of mind you can get, no unnecessary depression, frustration and one thing you'll notice is if you decide to stop with your total mind, you'll gradually stop all the other vices that goes along with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
Omoh!

Greendice don retire too.

I'll retire when I hit my millions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 6:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Kimikazi2:
No be sportybet icon I dey see for that screenshot so? Dey play...
Modified: I can see sportybet, WhatsApp, Telegram, Phoenix browser. I don't know the last icon that's dot.

The SB app was not uninstalled at the time of the screenshot. I have finally uninstalled it.
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 6:30pm On Mar 21, 2023
Eazzii:
Wiseone28 samueltemi337 miracood2 reloadedisrealp tk4all abeg make una help me pjtech this comrade. I need draws this weekend. grin

Best wishes
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 6:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Shopwiiser:
I swear my man, see mine. I hope to live a normal life henceforth and I believe God will strengthen me and be by my side not to go back

Whattt!!!?
400k plus.
Imagine what that money would have done for you?
It is well.

As long as you have made up your mind to quit heaven will back you up. You are blessed already.
Best wishes Bro
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ogatobe:

Best wishes

U sure say u fit leave betting?
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Passionet:

You are not alone.
The painful thing is that some kid will still denegrate you and tell you betting is the road to Valhalla.
It's not suppose to be that way. Betting can never build a solid foundation for majority of the people, it only helps about 1/1000 of people all the time. And the fact of the matter is that we don't really know the full story of how these betting influencers even make their money.

Working hard and building passive income is the key, it's not overnight but you'll find fulfillment and purpose. Congratulations on your decision, it's the right thing to do.

Mynd44 this needs to be on the front page

Sure
Thanks.
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 6:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
Passionet:

My bro, trust me. One day will come you'll just see no benefit in this stuff. You go old oo and time dey go like that.
Tell em
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Miracood2:

U sure say u fit leave betting?

Lol
It's not a matter of sure or not. I already left.
The energy I put in gambling, if I put it in improving myself and pushing a business model, I can make that 50m maximum win within 6 months.
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Shopwiiser: 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ogatobe:

Whattt!!!?
400k plus.
Imagine what that money would have done for you?
It is well.

As long as you have made up your mind to quit heaven will back you up. You are blessed already.
Best wishes Bro
thank you Man and a Big Amen. It's actually fulfilling knowing there is no unnecessary pressure.

1 Like

Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ogatobe:

Lol
It's not a matter of sure or not. I already left.
The energy I put in gambling, if I put it in improving myself and pushing a business model, I can make that 50m maximum win within 6 months.

I'm a student, I'm also ready to leave betting and to make a legit hustle. But I don't know how to go about it.

Carry me along boss..
Re: How Opay Changed My Life For Good (diary Of A Retired Chronic Gambler) by Ogatobe: 7:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
Miracood2:

I'm a student, I'm also ready to leave betting and to make a legit hustle. But I don't know how to go about it.

Carry me along boss..

Thank God for you.
Not biggie. What kind of phone do you use? As in brand and model. That will help me decide if you are eligible for the kind of online Job someone told me about recently.
All the best Bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black Nylon Bag Manufacturing / Is There Really A Laptop Solar Charger? / Help Firstbank Nairamaster Card Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.