Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians (737 Views)

Insecurity: Northern Elders Hail Sultan For Speaking Truth To Power / Nmandi Kanu To His Igbo Brother To Support Sowore / Blunt Truth To My Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 11:34am On Mar 21, 2023
julaion:
Before I go to bed, I want to remind Nigerians, especially, ndị Igbo, something. It is history. At this point in my life, I ain't scared of stating the obvious.

The January 15th 1966 coup was championed by junior officers, across Nigeria. But they called it Igbo coup.

Adewale Ademoyega was part of the 5 majors in that coup. He's Yoruba. He wrote the book: "Why We Struck"

He wasn't biased to say the truth. In the 60s, the whole quarters of Nigeria were scared of Igbo. They said that Igbo were dormineering. In education, in business, in military, everywhere Igbo were everywhere. Different newspapers used that word "dormineering" to describe the Igbo.

It started like joke. Tribal slur. Bottled envy, jealousy. Some who couldn't fly, started seeing those who fly as obstacles.

The entire Nigeria believe that the Igbo were taking over everything. I don't want to go into details.

The essence of the first coup, was to release Obafemi Awolowo, the leader of the Yoruba ìn prison, where he was charged for treason, and make him prime minister.

The junior officers believed that the leaders then were corrupt, they needed to wipe them and put Nigeria on the wheels of progress. Kaduna Nzeọgwụ, born in Kaduna, and lived all his life in Kaduna, spoke Hausa and likely might not know what is bịa in Igbo, was the head of the 5 majors.

If you read "Because I AM Involved" by Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, hé narrated how he didn't know Kaduna Nzeọgwụ.

By the time the coup happened, Ojukwu was in Kano. He tried to reach Kaduna, who hung phone on his ears.

Let me not use Ojukwu's account, let me go with Adewale, so that nobody will accuse one of being biased. His book title is self explanatory: "Why We Struck."

The intention of the coup was to wipe corrupt leaders and make Awolowo president, after releasing him from prison.

The coup happened. Northern leaders were killed. They turned it to Igbo coup. Something different officers from different parts of the country were part of.

What happened?

The pogrom. Anywhere they saw anything that looked like Igbo, shoot. Over 50,000 Igbo were múrdered in Kano.

Igbo High army officers were mụrdered. It was a pure genocide. They killed Military head of state— J.T.U Aguiyi Ironsi. Hé was a serving president. Igbo man.

Ojukwu, being the military governor of eastern region had to declare state of Biafra. His people must secede from a country that have called them enemies.

Remember, before 1966, there were killings of the Igbo in Jos, about 1945. The Igbo had been a point for destruction. Series of massacre.

Ojukwu didn't declare war. The Igbo didn't fight Nigeria. The Igbo left to find their own fates, Nigëria declared war to hold them back. That they must remain in Nigeria. How can they have their own country?

Of course, old eastern region was the fastest growing economy in the world between 1954-1960s. The blueprint which the federal state targeted and destroyed during the génocidal war. Let me not go to that because that progress amounted to jealousy, strife etc.

What did Awolowo do?

He told Gowon not to agree on the Aburi Accord agreement he signed with Ojukwu. The same Awolowo those young officers risked their lives for. He connived with Gowon who then ignored the agreement signed at Aburi. Instead, they declared war on Biafrans.

Let me put the record straight, there was no civil war in Nigeria. War was only fought in Biafra land. They brought war, the Biafrans had to defend themselves.

What did Awolowo dó? You want to hear it from Maazị Ogbonnaya?

"Let's starve them with food. Let's create blockade."

Nigeria even had to risk Bakassi Peninsula to Cameroonians, just to block food entrance for the Biafrans. The place with rich oil dominance. The place they tried to get back but lost the place to Cameroon.

They listened to Awolowo. Over 3 million children and women were killed because of that policy.

War was never fought in Yoruba land nor Hausa land but Biafran land. It was a pure genócide.

Have you asked yourself why they scrapped history from school curriculum?

The crimé committed against a people in this land is something no Igbo should forget.

The hatred against the Igbo by the Yorubas and other tribes didn't start today. It will not stop soon. Seeing Igbo man as a threat. They teach their children. It's generational. You should also have it in mind.

If you wondered who orchestrated the policy of starvation that killed millions of Biafran children, it was Obafemi Awolowo.

After the war, he was still the same person who said every Igbo no matter how many billion you have must be given 20 pounds. The man they draw in hundred naịra.

That 20 pounds is what they used to build. Today, we see their offsprings crying that Igbo are taking over their lands. With that 20 pounds.

History is repeating itself. That music of dormineering. You don't expect me to keep quiet.

I paused!

Bro, in as much as i don't oppose your show of love for your ethnicity as I do mine, I will love also to encourage you to speak the truth to Nigerians in the history that we all share. Our shared history is no longer Igbo history, its Nigerian history. God, awo was not the one waging war against the Biafrans, already two years into the war, there has been humanitarian crisis with starving children of Biafra being used to campaign against Nigeria in the West, was Awo responsible at this point? no, not yet.

What you did up there on the 1966 coup is such that Awo was the beneficiary of the killings of the Nzeogu Kaduna's led coup. The question is, did Awo plan the coup? If yes, was he the one who immediately got the throne after the coup? and if the coup has succeeded, would a military force have wasted some politicians to institute one of them in an ethnically diverse country as Nigeria? Did Rawlings flush old politicians in Ghana and put in place another old politician?

Whatever your answer is to the above means you know what you are doing.

1. please what was the content of the Aburi accord that Awo encouraged Gowon to dispute? Federalism I think, but have we not been practising regionalism before the war? who abolish regionalism? Why do you know this much and got cherrypicking on the part you construct to favour your ethnicity and turn others as evil lots after your people?

Did aguiyi Ironsi came from nowhere to become Nigeria's president and got removed the next day just for the hate Nigeria system have for the Igbos? What were his contributions to the Nigeria polity? Who cancelled the regionalism that helped the Igbo to become the worlds fouth greatest economy in the end?

#. If awo policy of what the Igbo should be given at that time was 60 pence or whatever, how much was in the coffer of the Nigerian state and how much were given other Nigerians that did not take up arms against their fatherland and their brothers in extension. Its a crime to manage finances and find ways to compensate ones nationals after a war sort of, how much would have been enough when at the end of the day it will amount to certain millions of the public fund.

If Yoruba were to go to war and Zik were to be in position, how much would he have paid the returning Yoruba? And the problem is somewhere around the incitful attitude in victory and in loss that the Igbo have in abundant. The world has not just come to an end if you lose or you won, its to continue.

Try to continue and do the right thing where people get you wrong, don't continue to make the scenario of your loss or victory unforgettable imprint in the memory, they will fear you and you don't seems to always like the aftereffect. If you cannot win all Nigerians, don't go to war with them, they are your neighbours and when you get the "Biafra", do you want to become North Korea to them?

8 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 11:49am On Mar 21, 2023
Now how could starving soldiers still march to war?

The truth is, there were no starving Biafran soldiers'picture anywhere, but the civilians in the biafran side were not getting fed during the war. They were getting foods and supplies from the war zone and Nigerian forces were not stopping them, but the food was not enough due to the war. Would the scarce food be in the control of the civilians?

No, it would be the soldiers first. Whatever remain of the ration will go to the poor Biafran civilians behind the frontiers. And they were leading people to starvation and death. It would be madness to continue to give supply of food to the soldiers fighting a war that the causality is already going to 6 million as we have had and the fighters are not giving up. Are you ready to win or stop?

I don't think anybody prays for a war without end. Yet the picture of emaciating Biafran children was everywhere in the news. It was at that point Awo asked them (Nigerian government) to stop food supply to the Biafran soldiers, and very soon, the war came to an end in matter of months. many people's lives were saved.

The best weapon of surrender is to cut food supply to the soldiers who are creating humanitarian crisis so the war will come to an end and human death can be reduce. There would be no sense in an Awo who wanted to rule a united Nigeria and still love to be in the bad book of the victims of the war, but the Igbo are the wrong people you can choose to offend sha.

3 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by gidgiddy: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

Bro, in as much as i don't oppose your show of love for your ethnicity as I do mine, I will love also to encourage you to speak the truth to Nigerians in the history that we all share. Our shared history is no longer Igbo history, its Nigerian history. God, awo was not the one waging war against the Biafrans, already two years into the war, there has been humanitarian crisis with starving children of Biafra being used to campaign against Nigeria in the West, was Awo responsible at this point? no, not yet.

What you did up there on the 1966 coup is such that Awo was the beneficiary of the killings of the Nzeogu Kaduna's led coup. The question is, did Awo plan the coup? If yes, was he the one who immediately got the throne after the coup? and if the coup has succeeded, would a military force have wasted some politicians to institute one of them in an ethnically diverse country as Nigeria? Did Rawlings flush old politicians in Ghana and put in place another old politician?

Whatever your answer is to the above means you know what you are doing.

1. please what was the content of the Aburi accord that Awo encouraged Gowon to dispute? Federalism I think, but have we not been practising regionalism before the war? who abolish regionalism? Why do you know this much and got cherrypicking on the part you construct to favour your ethnicity and turn others as evil lots after your people?

Did aguiyi Ironsi came from nowhere to become Nigeria's president and got removed the next day just for the hate Nigeria system have for the Igbos? What were his contributions to the Nigeria polity? Who cancelled the regionalism that helped the Igbo to become the worlds fouth greatest economy in the end?

#. If awo policy of what the Igbo should be given at that time was 60 pence or whatever, how much was in the coffer of the Nigerian state and how much were given other Nigerians that did not take up arms against their fatherland and their brothers in extension. Its a crime to manage finances and find ways to compensate ones nationals after a war sort of, how much would have been enough when at the end of the day it will amount to certain millions of the public fund.

If Yoruba were to go to war and Zik were to be in position, how much would he have paid the returning Yoruba? And the problem is somewhere around the incitful attitude in victory and in loss that the Igbo have in abundant. The world has not just come to an end if you lose or you won, its to continue.

Try to continue and do the right thing where people get you wrong, don't continue to make the scenario of your loss or victory unforgettable imprint in the memory, they will fear you and you don't seems to always like the aftereffect. If you cannot win all Nigerians, don't go to war with them, they are your neighbours and when you get the "Biafra", do you want to become North Korea to them?

Stop believing the lies you were told and do a little bit of research. Aguiyi Ironsi did not abolish the Regions, it was Gowon who abolished the 4 Regions Nigeria had with decree 14, then created 12 states

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

Stop believing the lies you were told and do a little bit of research. Aguiyi Ironsi did not abolish the Regions, it was Gowon who abolished the 4 Regions Nigeria had with decree 14, then created 12 states

This does not change the fact that Aguiyi Ironsi was an Head of state after the Nzeogwu Kaduna's purported "Igbo" coup. So how would you help our brother defend the fact that nobody denies the Igbo the head of state?

then help me from your research to know what Aguiyi Ironsi contributed in his time as the Head of States.

2 Likes

Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by LagosG: 12:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
All is fair in love and war.

In war, there's never a monopoly of sorrow, tears and blood on either side.
Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by slimfit1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
I'm Yoruba one of the online supporters of chief Sunday Igboho the spiritual general of Yoruba land. I told Igbo people support Kanu in every single opportunity you get they didn't listen. The only hope you have is full separation from Nigeria now that we know that Hausa people don't want you now my people Yoruba time to cut the union and move on. We can have trade deals just like the current deal we have with west African countries around us. Nigeria will never recognise Igbo people because of the Biafra war. If so why not let Igbo people to go and have control over their destiny since we don't want them in Lagos as a Nigerian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by BabaRamota1980: 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Absolutesuccess,
Sir, you have done well to rebutt the lies framed as truth. The bottom line is this, when they were running amock all over social media tearing Tinubu apart with all kinds of ignominity and vile none of them recalled and posted a reminder of 66 to caution their refugee camp to calm down and campaign with dignity and respect. After Tinubu won, Peter Obi instructed them to shift force to Lagos. They believed sincerely that they will win Lagos. It is their loss in Lagos that has resulted in remorse, and a recall of a similar loss suffered in 66 in the hands of a Yoruba leader backed by ethnic cohesion.

If i cannot say anything else with clarity on this election I must say with conviction of spirit that in the election of 2023, Ibo has indeed suffered a psychological defeat in the hands of Yoruba, and it will be a permanent scar on their psyche. Next to the war of 66 this is their second most painful experience in Nigeria.

Yoruba must not be blamed, Ibo is a self-hating group, they provoke their hosts, wherever and all over, and arouse their basic instincts.
Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
If Awo declared the war that cause the death of 6 million biafran souls, may he not live to an old age. War will always come with uncertain causality from both sides. Now they were not using the figure as war casualty in the above narrative, but like it was one man called Awo who orchestrated a genocide of the Biafrans, no.

Already, the starving Biafrans became a "weapon of negotiation" during the war. Who would have been negotiation for humanitarian needs from red cross and other people of the world? People on the losing side. So what should be the right humanitarian request at that time? Terms of surrender. But was that done? No, more food and artillery were needed.

It was this that Awo tries to stop, because you are using poor people caught between this madness as a weapon. would a hungry soldier have marched towards the west? Not at all. So, awo helped caused the cessation of the war, its unlike he declared a war and went out to kill 6 million souls. You were fighting and needing more artillery from those who want you to continue, then your countryman put an end to it.
Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
BabaRamota1980:
Absolutesuccess,
Sir, you have done well to rebutt the lies framed as truth. The bottom line is this, when they were running amock all over social media tearing Tinubu apart with all kinds of ignominity and vile none of them recalled and posted a reminder of 66 to caution their refugee camp to calm down and campaign with dignity and respect. After Tinubu won, Peter Obi instructed them to shift force to Lagos. They believed sincerely that they will win Lagos. It is their loss in Lagos that has resulted in remorse, and a recall of a similar loss suffered in 66 in the hands of a Yoruba leader backed by ethnic cohesion.

If i cannot say anything else with clarity on this election I must say with conviction of spirit that in the election of 2023, Ibo has indeed suffered a psychological defeat in the hands of Yoruba, and it will be a permanent scar on their psyche. Next to the war of 66 this is their second most painful experience in Nigeria.

Yoruba must not be blamed, Ibo is a self-hating group, they provoke their hosts, wherever and all over, and arouse their basic instincts.

Very true dear brother, thats what I was thinking just earlier, I wonder how they wanted to repay the Yoruba that stuck out with Obi in the presidency and have they not tried? Lagos was won by their man, such that left for Lagos, Obi would have become the president of Nigeria, now look at the narratives that have been coming out afterwards. Why not be the voice for Sanwo Olu for the gubernatorial election in the days before the election even if you will suddenly change on the spot?

Now look at the narrative of the guy up there, the coup plotters were trying to install Awo, this claim is not coming from the mind of a Yoruba man, the Ore war was the Biafran side trying to start the Oduduwa republic, another side of the story was that the Yoruba were cowards because Ojukwu told Awo to declare Oduduwa republic when he was released from prison, a man who has been in prison for sometime, you want him to go straight into war-a civilian for that matter.

Meanwhile, there were stockpile of arms before Biafra was declared. In a nutshell, why do the Igbos always like to tell Yoruba what to do? Igbos should feel Yoruba equally have right to their choices just like they do and everybody will be fine at the end? I mean if its the Igbo that is Yoruba's senior brother in this world and they must play the big brother, at some point you free the people na. No, igbo no go gree. So its LP headed by Obi trying to force Gbadebo Rhodes that led to their latest melancholy.
Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
On behalf of the Igbos, I give God the glory that Awo was magnanimous enough to give back a start-up cash that turned the fortune of my Igbo brethren around for good. You can imagine how much that would have been at the year in question and how that old man have to manage the country's finances post war, when the federal government will be spending at the time to resuscitate the "little Ukraine" the war must have created in the East.

It's in this time that Awo must have find an equation to balance all the records that the war must have created. Imagine in this kind of scenario, where every Igbo man wants to have their cash back after returning from war, what message would that be sending to everyone who knows the strenght of a united and experience Igbo? I mean you will fear them. So we did not hate Emefiele for giving every Nigerian N3,000 in recent past, its to secure the banking industry. Awo did the same to save Nigeria from financial crisis.

Whatever money Igbo must have forfeited was forfeited at the declaration of Biafra, because a choice was made and you can not have your cake and eat it too. You can't be proud Biafrans having cash in Nigeria when your cash would have been used by the Nigeria to wage a war of attrition against you since you want to opt out by force, using the barrels of the gun.

Awo is a great countryman and part of the blessing to the Igbo man, look at the financial package he delivered at the end of the war for the returning citizens just to placate the infighting that all is well, he's like the bible character who saw his lost son afar off and embrased him, and later kill the fatted calf for him. at least he pay the star-up cash for Igbos to restart.

Because the source of Igbos start-up cash is blessed, the blessed Igbos were equally able to stage a come back in a blessed country rather than a zoo. They were reabsorbed back to their place with their kith and kin and life continues. Yes until now the Igbo haven't the kind of closeness Obi has to electoral power for a while, but it never means they never will. It could take time. Nigeria is a growing democracy.

Now Awo was one of the heroes of the Biafran war, because if the Igbo were to continue asking for artillery, the figure in their end will be increasing, the Biafran soldiers will be getting fatter and the poor citizens emaciated. Then whatever is the hope of the enemy of the black race will be coming to pass, so that one apartheid champion can have a meme of the black race and continue to ridicule us together.

You may not bless your friends, but we know sometimes, you will grow out of the need to have your way against the pressing needs of others with time. We are all waiting for you to move forward.

1 Like

Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 12:53pm On Mar 22, 2023
Someone also needs to remind the Op what tribe was Adekunle Fajuyi who died with the head of State, Aguiyi Ironsi?

If he has not gave his life, what would the Igbo be saying today? His name is missing in the Op's narration because that could earn Yoruba some point and its a sin that such point should turn out anywhere near the "Igbo glory" or if you choose to call it "Igbo Victimism" in Nigeria.

What happened to Adekunle Fajuyi in the ops mind is repeated the moment the tugs stood against the Igbo, they forgot the sacrifice of some Yoruba who stood with Obi against their own in Lagos to deride all the Yoruba's together. Is it not now sensible to have voted along the ethnic line for those ones?

@eriokanmi?
Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by Eriokanmi: 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2023
absoluteSuccess:
Someone also needs to remind the Op what tribe was Adekunle Fajuyi who died with the head of State, Aguiyi Ironsi?

If he has not gave his life, what would the Igbo be saying today? His name is missing in the Op's narration because that could earn Yoruba some point and its a sin that such point should turn out anywhere near the "Igbo glory" or if you choose to call it "Igbo Victimism" in Nigeria.

What happened to Adekunle Fajuyi in the ops mind is repeated the moment the tugs stood against the Igbo, they forgot the sacrifice of some Yoruba who stood with Obi against their own in Lagos to deride all the Yoruba's together. Is it not now sensible to have voted along the ethnic line for those ones?

@eriokanmi?
Oh, well! Suffice it to say i read widely and I do understand where the problem of Nigeria emanated from...sentiments. I read Ademola Ademoyega's book as far back as 1996, when many of those urchins defending nonsense were still not born. Unfortunately, many of them are bereft of historic formation of Nigeria. Their slavemasters do know this.

I've recommended that Book... Why We Struck here many times so people could read and learn. My uncle from my material side ( my grandma's only son) who hailed from ekiti lost his life in that war. My grandma was from a town near Aramoko Ekiti.

I've made my voice heard. One thing is clear here...this generation is not ready to learn yet. The day tribalism is nipped in the bud, we'd see true progress in Nigeria. It seems that independence was ill-timed sef. Before 1960, wherever you are, you could be whatever you wanted to be, irrespective of ethnic or religous affiliations.

Imagine, some people calling me ipob, ode, etc just because I didn't vote or support their candidate. So, what name would I now call them for not supporting mine? cheesy. That's the main problem on ground..sadly my yoruba people leads in this nonsense. Sensible yorubas have stood up against this nonsense..I read Simi's comment and shook my head. See the way the poor girl was being attacked like when a cat attacks a rat. Those who rank second on tribalism are the igbos. Hausas are so neutral and we could see that the way they voted in the recently conducted elecrions. They're the most mature in Nigeria in politics
See two brothers supporting different candidates without attacking each other. They'd say its your luck today, it would be ours tomorrow. We claim to be more mature but keep intimidating and Killing our people in each election period with mess attacks up north.

Like I've always said, the people's choice out of sentiments or tribalism would either make or Mar them. I am not a politician, neither do I benefit anything from them. I pray God keeps being my source of sustainance. That is enough for me. I was in my house when SFEH, our French partner says we should go to oyo state to see makinde and help rescue their moribund health sector via the French loan which the state sought through MOFA. I asked myself, how many of those killing themselves over this man had this opportunity to see him? Proverbs 8:16 says , a man's gifts.makes rooms for him and brings him before great men. If you deserve my vote and support, regardless of your tribe or religion, you have my it. I'm an advocate of good governance. I'd voted obj, yaradua, buhari...I even voted him when he lost in one of his contests and when he eventually won in 2015. He's muslim and fulani.

We should nip tribalism in the bud. Ireti Kingibe is a yoruba woman, who was elected senator of the FCT. I hail from a Muslim background from my maternal side in Lagos but grandma was a Christian from ekiti. Dad is a Christian. So, why would I now vote based on religion or sentiments as against merit? We have yorubas, igbos and other tribespeople in the UK and USA government elective positions. Merit should be our watchword. The head of technical unit in my company is Ibo from Urata in Imo. I picked him over my tribe's guys cos the recruitment company said he fared better. Our accountant is from Kwara, Ajase Ipo.

If we can run the government like we run our own business, Nigeria would move forward. Enough said.
Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by absoluteSuccess: 6:18am On Mar 23, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Oh, well! Suffice it to say i read widely and I do understand where the problem of Nigeria emanated from...sentiments. I read Ademola Ademoyega's book as far back as 1996, when many of those urchins defending nonsense were still not born. Unfortunately, many of them are bereft of historic formation of Nigeria. Their slavemasters do know this.

I've recommended that Book... Why We Struck here many times so people could read and learn. My uncle from my material side ( my grandma's only son) who hailed from ekiti lost his life in that war. My grandma was from a town near Aramoko Ekiti.

I've made my voice heard. One thing is clear here...this generation is not ready to learn yet. The day tribalism is nipped in the bud, we'd see true progress in Nigeria. It seems that independence was ill-timed sef. Before 1960, wherever you are, you could be whatever you wanted to be, irrespective of ethnic or religous affiliations.

Imagine, some people calling me ipob, ode, etc just because I didn't vote or support their candidate. So, what name would I now call them for not supporting mine? cheesy. That's the main problem on ground..sadly my yoruba people leads in this nonsense. Sensible yorubas have stood up against this nonsense..I read Simi's comment and shook my head. See the way the poor girl was being attacked like when a cat attacks a rat. Those who rank second on tribalism are the igbos. Hausas are so neutral and we could see that the way they voted in the recently conducted elecrions. They're the most mature in Nigeria in politics
See two brothers supporting different candidates without attacking each other. They'd say its your luck today, it would be ours tomorrow. We claim to be more mature but keep intimidating and Killing our people in each election period with mess attacks up north.

Like I've always said, the people's choice out of sentiments or tribalism would either make or Mar them. I am not a politician, neither do I benefit anything from them. I pray God keeps being my source of sustainance. That is enough for me. I was in my house when SFEH, our French partner says we should go to oyo state to see makinde and help rescue their moribund health sector via the French loan which the state sought through MOFA. I asked myself, how many of those killing themselves over this man had this opportunity to see him? Proverbs 8:16 says , a man's gifts.makes rooms for him and brings him before great men. If you deserve my vote and support, regardless of your tribe or religion, you have my it. I'm an advocate of good governance. I'd voted obj, yaradua, buhari...I even voted him when he lost in one of his contests and when he eventually won in 2015. He's muslim and fulani.

We should nip tribalism in the bud. Ireti Kingibe is a yoruba woman, who was elected senator of the FCT. I hail from a Muslim background from my maternal side in Lagos but grandma was a Christian from ekiti. Dad is a Christian. So, why would I now vote based on religion or sentiments as against merit? We have yorubas, igbos and other tribespeople in the UK and USA government elective positions. Merit should be our watchword. The head of technical unit in my company is Ibo from Urata in Imo. I picked him over my tribe's guys cos the recruitment company said he fared better. Our accountant is from Kwara, Ajase Ipo.

If we can run the government like we run our own business, Nigeria would move forward. Enough said.

Classic, and very great sacrifice you make there. As for me, let the will of the people be done. Where it concerns merit, it would be conterproductive to go for someone less experience in the job just to match up with politics if we have to do politics the way we do business.

In that instance, the party that won the presidency and Lagos state might not be the best party, but the individuals involved in the election are best we have to offer where experience that any employer will be looking for counts, so at the end of the day, choices are unique to each individual as they seems to understand certain dynamics they were dealing with per time to making their choices.

for instance, its a generic song, apc is the worst political party in the land. if you are the worst businessman in the land, what must you do? you learn your lesson and bounce back, never making the same mistake ever again. better still, you can change the business you have been doing for something else.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Some use Jonathan as benchmark, some Yar'Adua, OBJ etc. truth be told, there is no system in place, each comes with its own "men" and once done, they realign and the party continues. We can always hope that things get better. and as for tribalism, its in our blood, its part of the political machine.

If you give it to Hausa today, wait till tomorrow. If you give it to Yoruba today, wait till tomorrow, if you give it to the Igbo today, wait till tomorrow. if you can't correct all, don't condemn your own.
Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by Justiceleague1: 6:42pm On Mar 23, 2023
absoluteSuccess:

This does not change the fact that Aguiyi Ironsi was an Head of state after the Nzeogwu Kaduna's purported "Igbo" coup. So how would you help our brother defend the fact that nobody denies the Igbo the head of state?

then help me from your research to know what Aguiyi Ironsi contributed in his time as the Head of States.

There's no point showing you anything as it is obvious you find it difficult reading books, thank you very much
Re: My Igbo Brother, Speak The Truth To Nigerians by Justiceleague1: 6:47pm On Mar 23, 2023
BabaRamota1980:
Absolutesuccess,

I am not Igbo and must let you know that you you have garri for brains...you people have been in power for how many years now but you people are still dull and full of deep pains..it shows all over you.
A true successful and happy man will never bother to cry and whine and wail over another person he perceives to be his for,just like you and your likes have been doing for many years now.. e pele sir grin

(1) (Reply)

Military Rule Is Better Than Tinubu Rule / Compulsory 25% In FCT: How Peter Obi Can Legally Stop Tinubu Before May 29 / Rivers: Police Arrest Three Lawyers Filing Apc’s Tribunal Petitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.