Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji (1288 Views)

After Learning Driving On Youtube Channels, I'm About To Pick Up A Driving Job / Durojaiye Kehinde Obasanjo: I Drove My Amphibious Car From Lagos To Abuja / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2023
for the past weeks or months i have been searching for a car on jiji.

my major determination is a car from the original owners that make a post. not the prices those car dealers a calling on jiji.

the few cars from the personal owners always sales fast because of pricing. my major problem was location, having price from them i couldn't go and before 24hours the car will be sold.

i manage to see one in my location from the personal owner. first i make call and arrangement met to inspect the car and we meet up somewhere.

although there are some things i think need fixing. car has been spread. but for the price I'm capped with i think it worth it. i was satisfy with with i saw at-least, the air condition blows well and engine abit sound but i wanted a mechanic to check the engine. i put a call to a mechanic but he was not around. so i rebook another time to meet this guy he told me the catalyst and thermostat are still intact. my concern was the people already making offer for the same car on jiji even more than my price. but i seems to be the serious and that's one thing i told the guy which he confirm but said others are coming to check it too.

my mechanic was available and he check it, the check the top gasket which was still intact. he check bottom of the engine and confirm oil there.
he drive the car which move fine and gear select well. but a strange chock sound from the engine. the guy said its the engine seat. my mechanic confirm to me that the sound is not from the gearbox. he said it was from the gearbox it won;t have drive or select well. also he said if it was from the engine itself it wont have drive well too.

the car has custom papers and others.
today we agreed to meet for the deal. he called me today to send me name and address to arrange change/transfer of ownership, he said he will only include a photocopy of the his driver license for me to go change the papers.

i don't even know the guy before where he lives or work. is there anything to be worried about?

how long those it take to arrange change of ownership he is yet to call me for the deal.
its almost 12pm now and the guy has not called me to come over, the delay might be other people that are showing interest. maybe he is just try to get better bargain since he already secure me.

i need help
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by Ofemmanu1: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
Oga calm down na.
I bought mine from a Juju user too.
If he wants to sell to you he will call you, if not; you can't force it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by OgaKazeem(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
AutoManual:
for the past weeks or months i have been searching for a car on jiji.

my major determination is a car from the original owners that make a post. not the prices those car dealers a calling on jiji.

the few cars from the personal owners always sales fast because of pricing. my major problem was location, having price from them i couldn't go and before 24hours the car will be sold.

i manage to see one in my location from the personal owner. first i make call and arrangement met to inspect the car and we meet up somewhere.

although there are some things i think need fixing. car has been spread. but for the price I'm capped with i think it worth it. i was satisfy with with i saw at-least, the air condition blows well and engine abit sound but i wanted a mechanic to check the engine. i put a call to a mechanic but he was not around. so i rebook another time to meet this guy he told me the catalyst and thermostat are still intact. my concern was the people already making offer for the same car on jiji even more than my price. but i seems to be the serious and that's one thing i told the guy which he confirm but said others are coming to check it too.

my mechanic was available and he check it, the check the top gasket which was still intact. he check bottom of the engine and confirm oil there.
he drive the car which move fine and gear select well. but a strange chock sound from the engine. the guy said its the engine seat. my mechanic confirm to me that the sound is not from the gearbox. he said it was from the gearbox it won;t have drive or select well. also he said if it was from the engine itself it wont have drive well too.

the car has custom papers and others.
today we agreed to meet for the deal. he called me today to send me name and address to arrange change/transfer of ownership, he said he will only include a photocopy of the his driver license for me to go change the papers.

i don't even know the guy before where he lives or work. is there anything to be worried about?

how long those it take to arrange change of ownership he is yet to call me for the deal.
its almost 12pm now and the guy has not called me to come over, the delay might be other people that are showing interest. maybe he is just try to get better bargain since he already secure me.

i need help

if you were really serious about sealing the deal, since you have checked and everything was good according to you why didnt you seal the deal immediately?
what's the essence of going with mechanic for inspection, agreeing price with seller, checking papers only to not buy the car and then you come here to write story?
you're now asking if there is anything to be afraid of?
ofcourse if you really wanted to buy after all what you have done, you make payment and pick up the car.
i have inspected several cars from jiji for several people and it is not rocket science.
inspect, agree, make payment.
it is beginning to seem like you are onluy making up stories for people to read. didnt you mention you were buying a car from the north the other day?
now you are here again with another story

5 Likes

Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by didroon43: 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
No need to fear or to be worried. As long as you have not played him. What you should do is patiently wait.
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 6:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
OgaKazeem:

if you were really serious about sealing the deal, since you have checked and everything was good according to you why didnt you seal the deal immediately?
what's the essence of going with mechanic for inspection, agreeing price with seller, checking papers only to not buy the car and then you come here to write story?
ofcourse if you really wanted to buy after all what you have done, you make payment and pick up the car.
i have inspected several cars from jiji for several people and it is not rocket science.
it is beginning to seem like you are onluy making up stories for people to read. didnt you mention you were buying a car from the north the other day?
I bought the car. It is after I bought the car I know the car colour was changed.
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
didroon43:
No need to fear or to be worried. As long as you have not played him. What you should do is patiently wait.
I bought the car. Car are really expensive now. Although there are many things about this car but I just have to consule myself with the price. I bought 2007 DC V6 1m.

The engine was changed to tokunbo

I will use it for one year and sell.
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by corisande: 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2023

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by udede(m): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ofemmanu1:
Oga calm down na.

I bought mine from a Juju user too.

If he wants to sell to you he will call you, if not; you can't force it.
na waa for you ooo. He wants to buy from jiji and you bought your own from JuJu man. Una nobi the same naa. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by udede(m): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
corisande:

E be like say you don go buy ‘agwo ndu’?
🥹😕
na waoo abeg wetin be dc 2007 wey you dey refer to as live snake

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by corisande: 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2023

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
corisande:

E be like say you don go buy ‘agwo ndu’?
🥹😕
no oh. The car is very okay.

What I mean is that I will upgrade because for now no money for tokunbo.

The AC blow pass many Toyota tokunbo. Make I know lie. The only problem with this car is the front bumber which can be replaced.
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
udede:
na waoo abeg wetin be dc 2007 wey you dey refer to as live snake
don't mind the guy. The car run like mad. I can use it for long. But I just want to upgrade in a 1 or 2 years time. Probably a toyati too. V6 got power and fuel is very okay my catalyst is intact. And fuel usage I observed is not bad.

1 Like

Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
OgaKazeem:

i bought the car. no regrets so far
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by OgaKazeem(m): 11:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
AutoManual:
i bought the car. no regrets so far
finally..... congratulations.
can we see pictures?
very also be interested in seeing your fuel total distance travelled from a full tank.
or atleast some details about your fuel consumption.
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 12:24am On Mar 22, 2023
OgaKazeem:

can we see pictures?
very also be interested in seeing your fuel total distance travelled from a full tank.
it drives fine and fuel is okay. The engine light is on. I will need to wait for the arrival of my scanner to check it.
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by AutoManual: 5:59am On Mar 22, 2023
OgaKazeem:

can we see pictures?
i am still learning to drive. since ny driving is not good yet. i burn more fuel. also i have check engine light i have ordered for scanner. hoping it delivered before next week. if settled everything before i will do a test.
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by Elsueno: 11:10am On Mar 22, 2023
omoh, AutoManual na rich kid Woh grin , He bought a whole V6 when fuel subsidy is getting ready to japa.....

Am just kidding sha, enjoy ur ride grin
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by OgaKazeem(m): 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
AutoManual:
it drives fine and fuel is okay. The engine light is on. I will need to wait for the arrival of my scanner to check it.
you carry eye go market ooo.. nice one. pictures posted indicate the vehicle is well maintained.
no engine pix?
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by OgaKazeem(m): 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2023
Elsueno:
omoh, AutoManual na rich kid Woh grin , He bought a whole V6 when fuel subsidy is getting ready to japa.....

Am just kidding sha, enjoy ur ride grin
hahahaha evils...
Re: I'm About To Buy A Car From The Personal Onwer. Who Posted It On Jiji by didroon43: 3:50pm On Mar 23, 2023
AutoManual:
I bought the car. Car are really expensive now. Although there are many things about this car but I just have to consule myself with the price. I bought 2007 DC V6 1m.

The engine was changed to tokunbo

I will use it for one year and sell.

Oh, I'm so sorry. Didn't know you have purchased the car already. Anyways what you plan to do is a good idea.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Ban Okada In Lagos And Repace With Napep.what Do U Think?me,yes U / Aeromobil The Flying Car [PHOTOS] / LHD Avensis 2004 Dash Board Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.