Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition (953 Views)

Julius Abure Was Arrested On The Petition Of Attempted Murder - The Will / Human Right Activist, Silas Joseph Onu, Analysed The Petition Of APM Against APC / Enugu One Million Man March For Peter Obi Grounds Enugu - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tinsel: 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
GROUNDS AND PRAYERS OF THE PETITION

In the petition, Obi through his lawyer Livy Ozoukwu submitted that Tinubu “at the time of the (presidential) election was not qualified to contest the election”.

Advertisement

He further argued that the president-elect “was not duly elected by a majority of the lawful votes cast at the time of the election”.

Consequently, the petitioners are asking the tribunal to determine that all the votes recorded for Tinubu in the election “are wasted votes, owing to the non-qualification” of the president-elect and Shettima.

“That it be determined that the 2nd respondent ( Tinubu) having failed to score one-quarter of the votes cast at the presidential election in the federal capital territory, Abuja was not entitled to be declared and returned as the winner of the presidential election held on 25 February 2023,” the petitioner said.

Also, the petitioners have asked the tribunal to make “an order cancelling the election and compelling the 1st respondent (INEC) to conduct a fresh election at which the 2nd respondent (Tinubu), 3rd respondent (Shettima) and 4th respondent (APC) shall not participate”.
https://www.thecable.ng/obi-files-petition-challenging-tinubus-victory-demands-fresh-election/amp

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by azpekuliar: 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hmm.
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tinsel: 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
Why all the noise if this is his grounds

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by lhordspy: 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lol. So nothing like 'Rigging' in the petition ?

Just petty allegations. Labour party is a dubious party.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by burp18: 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ellu P😅

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
lhordspy:
Lol
Only God knows what would have happened if he came second. Is he fighting for Atiku kos I don’t understand these anymore?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tinsel: 2:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
burp18:
Ellu P😅
I am just confused. Where is the evidence they said they have? Why are these people deceiving the country's youths?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by 9jatriot(m): 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
This definitely has to be a joke.

Please OP, confirm this post is a joke so that we can start laughing.

I do not believe that even if lawyers want to dupe him like they did with Atiku that they will not be at least intelligent with it.

Is he suggesting that INEC should prepare a ballot paper with only ELLe Pee so that he can be returned unopposed? Because I do not understand what I am reading here

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by noleflendum: 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
Summary of Peter Pandora Obituary's prayers

i) BAT was NOT qualified to contest

ii) All votes recorded for BAT are wasted votes due non-qualification

iii) BAT did NOT score 25% in FCT

iv) BAT was NOT duly elected by majority of lawful votes cast

v) INEC should conduct fresh elections WITHOUT BAT/APC 😀😀😀
Oniyeye Ellu P

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by burp18: 2:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
tinsel:

I am just confused. Where is the evidence they said they have? Why are these people deceiving the country's youths?
Atiku who came 2nd place knew it was a lost cause. I knew from the onset Obi was never to be taken seriously.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tinsel: 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
burp18:
Atiku who came 2nd place knew it was a lost cause. I knew from the onset Obi was never to be taken seriously.
I am very angry

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Saao(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
tinsel:

the fact that he didn't score 25% in Abuja is enough evidence to cancel the election.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by burp18: 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
Saao:
the fact that he didn't score 25% in Abuja is enough evidence to cancel the election.
Rest. It was never a requirement.
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tinsel: 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
It is time for the security to pick up Obi for questioning. They need to understand his true intention. He had divided the country in a way never seen before. Crying over election rigging with no single proof.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by EeyanMayweather(m): 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
Obi the clown
So this is what they came up with after all the noise grin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tinsel: 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
Saao:
Where is his so called mounting evidence of rigging? This is annoying. He had so divided the nation in a way I don't know if we can recover.
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Hoelujohn: 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
tinsel:
They use to have more than 5 grounds
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by NothingDoMe: 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
tinsel:
You can't say this is all when you don't gave a copy of his petition. I was expecting APC to have shared it online by now.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Saao(m): 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
tinsel:

Where is his so called mounting evidence of rigging? This is annoying. He had so divided the nation in a way I don't know if we can recover.
he divided the nation or APC in Lagos did? Most of his campaign were based on his achievement and what he want to do when elected.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Saifullah01: 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2023
Saao:
Like someone explained somewhere, that is not what the law meant when it was written, or like the lawyers would say that is not the spirit of the law. If it was that then any party/politician can just focus on the FCT and be forcing a rerun even if his opponent win the other 36 states- does that make sense?
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Lizzysamuel(f): 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Tinsel why are you crying more than the beareved?

Shebi una get lawyers, that should be the headache of your lawyers and not yours.

Allow the court to do its work. There's no court on social media. You guys used to say that.

Why not stick to that advice?
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Saao(m): 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Saifullah01:

Like someone explained somewhere, that is not what the law meant when it was written, or like the lawyers would say that is not the spirit of the law. If it was that then any party/politician can just focus on the FCT and be forcing a rerun even if his opponent win the other 36 states- does that make sense?
laws are not interpreted based on the intention but the evidence available in the law itself. The word AND in the requirements means, its a must to score 25% in Abuja. Assuming if the word is OR, then Obi and co do not have any case against him. There are previous judgment of supreme in that regards unless if its upturn by supreme court, which supreme has the power to upturn itself, then he has a strong case against the process that led to the declaration of winner.
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tungamaje: 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
lhordspy:
Lol. So nothing like 'Rigging' in the petition ?

Just petty allegations. Labour party is a dubious party.
Please explain what the lead counsel meant when he said
“was not duly elected by majority of the lawful votes cast at the time of the election.”
Is it not here he will provide evidence the presumed winner didn't actually win? Let's wait and see the outcome of the petition
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tinsel: 2:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lizzysamuel:
Tinsel why are you crying more than the beareved?

Shebi una get lawyers, that should be the headache of your lawyers and not yours.

Allow the court to do its work. There's no court on social media. You guys used to say that.

Why not stick to that advice?
Tinubu doesn't even need any SAN with this petition. My problem is the youth the man is taking advantage
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tinsel: 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
tungamaje:

Please explain what the lead counsel meant when he said
“was not duly elected by majority of the lawful votes cast at the time of the election.”
Is it not here he will provide evidence the presumed winner didn't actually win? Let's wait and see the outcome of the petition
Because he was not qualified to contest according to Obi
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by tungamaje: 2:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
tinsel:

Because he was not qualified to contest according to Obi
My own understanding is that despite the fact he wasn't qualified, he contested but still didn't win the majority votes. To me this will make it easy to provide evidences Tinubu didn't win the majority votes. In that case, if qualification doesn't nail him, non scoring of majority votes would definitely hold him
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
tinsel:

Why are you concerned if you think he will not win? Let's keep calm and wait the outcome.
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Mylove55(f): 3:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
obi.diot no well
Re: Peter Obi: Grounds And Prayers Of The Petition by Mylove55(f): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Saao:
he divided the nation or APC in Lagos did? Most of his campaign were based on his achievement and what he want to do when elected.
nothing to write home about obi.diot achievement for 8yrs as governor.
does he improve the igr or gdp of anambra state

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Perceived Loser Be Receiving This Kind Of Treatment For Free” – APC.. / LP Cautions Obi, Otti, To Disassociate Selves Over Plot To Suspend NWC Members / Don’t Pity Me , I Asked For The Job - Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.