Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Has Your Car Ever Been Stolen?/security Tips - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Has Your Car Ever Been Stolen?/security Tips (1699 Views)

TOKUNBO 2001 VOLVO S60 2.4T ....BEST CAR EVER...TAKE AM I DASH YOU JUST 590K.... / **security Tips Against Customers** / Cheapiest Car Ever; Bmw 5 Series For N400,000 Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your Car Ever Been Stolen?/security Tips by blablabla(m): 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2007
Last Sunday my car was stolen at church, relatively new car (2 months, very clean) car was parked outside the church premises in Yaba and I went in to church, came out later and the car was gone. Gone. Reported to the police at Sabo police station, but no news from them yet.

Started this topic so the house can help offer tips on how to secure your car anywhere, not only in Lagos. I have a few.

Install a security system as soon as the car becomes your own if it did not have one before.

Buy a good pedal or steering lock.

Never leave your original documents in the car

Always come out every now and again to make sure your car is where you left it.

I may sound paranoid, but you would too, if you just lost a car.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Been Stolen?/security Tips by femionasan(m): 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2007
I feel ur pain man. A family friends new driver drove off with her jeep while she was at a meeting with about 300k cash and her laptop last week. There is this trackin device that people are installing in vehicles now although the cost is on the high side there are a few that should be cheaper. My friend also installed a device that makes it possible for u to shut down ur car with ur mobile phone. The device also makes it possible to hear wot anybody in the vehicles is sayin with ur mobile phone and u can lock and unlock the doors or ur car just with ur mobile phone. If u had that device inur car all u would have to do is call the car hear wot the person is sayin in the vehicle, have an idea where he is and u can then shut down the car with ur mobile. It costs about 60k or so i will try and find out details.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Been Stolen?/security Tips by azpunpin: 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2007
blablabla:

Last Sunday my car was stolen at church, relatively new car (2 months, very clean) car was parked outside the church premises in Yaba and I went in to church, came out later and the car was gone. Gone. Reported to the police at Sabo police station, but no news from them yet.

Started this topic so the house can help offer tips on how to secure your car anywhere, not only in Lagos. I have a few.

Install a security system as soon as the car becomes your own if it did not have one before.

Buy a good pedal or steering lock.

Never leave your original documents in the car

Always come out every now and again to make sure your car is where you left it.

I may sound paranoid, but you would too, if you just lost a car.

Man, Kindly get intouch with me once you find out more about the security details:lazeeze@gmail.com
Re: Has Your Car Ever Been Stolen?/security Tips by atilla(m): 10:40am On Sep 04, 2007
Sorry oh bros.

Post the details of the car. You never know one of us might see it going by.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Been Stolen?/security Tips by atilla(m): 9:37am On Sep 06, 2007
If you want to get the GSM car security device call this guy:

Fred Ebims, Silverpoint car security experts, 7207750, 7241244 08022022220, 08032777644

(1) (Reply)

Honda Bullet 450k Can U Bit Dat? / SOLD**Nigerian Used 2005 Nissan Pathfinder**SOLD / Used 1997 Mercury Villager - N650k(fixed And Firm)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.