Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute (5976 Views)

Foreign Airlines Dispute CBN’s Claim Of Settled FX Backlog / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 40 Key Points From Gtbank's Version Of What Caused Dispute / Innoson Vs Gtbank: 30 Key Points To Know About Their Dispute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by LuvsBeautifl: 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, if it isn't I'd appreciate if the admin can move it to the right section.

I have made two transactions on OPay recently. The first is for over a week to UBA and the second is over 24 hours to FirstBank.

My OPay account has been debited for both transactions but the beneficiaries never received any money.

I contacted OPay support, which if I have to rate, I would give them a minus 1 star if possible.

The first support staff ELIJAH really was very unfair. He introduced himself, and after a while ended the chat after I provided him with the session ID of the transaction. I suspect he was trying to hit the complaint resolution target for the day, but that was very unfair and dubious.

The second chat support staff, LAUREL (according to OPay system), but she introduced herself as LAURETTA.

She tried to help but the resolution channel/advice is almost impossible. I was asked to provide the beneficiary account statement from that date to present for them to escalate. How do I walk up to someone and ask for their business account statement?

I have been advised to repay the monies, both, but it's really unfair.

I have called, emailed, tweeted. Done everything possible to no avail, and I thought of here. This is my last hope.

Please if you have any idea how I can resolve this please help.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by SanctifiedSista(f): 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
LuvsBeautifl:
I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this, if it isn't I'd appreciate if the admin can move it to the right section.

I have made two transactions on OPay recently. The first is for over a week to UBA and the second is over 24 hours to FirstBank.

My OPay account has been debited for both transactions but the beneficiaries never received any money.

I contacted OPay support, which if I have to rate, I would give them a minus 1 star if possible.

The first support staff ELIJAH OKE OLUWATOSIN really was very unfair. He introduced himself, and after a while ended the chat after I provided him with the session ID of the transaction. I suspect he was trying to hit the complaint resolution target for the day, but that was very unfair and dubious.

The second chat support staff, Laurel (according to OPay system), but she introduced herself as Lauretta.

She tried to help but the resolution channel/advice is almost impossible. I was asked to provide the beneficiary account statement from that date to present for them to escalate. How do I walk up to someone and ask for their business account statement.

I have been advised to repay monies both, but it's really unfair.

I have called, emailed, tweeted. Done everything possible to no avail, and I thought of here. This is my last hope.

Thanks.

Have u reached out to the other bank with the session ID? Also, have u asked the beneficiary to share his account statement showing the money was not credited? Pls learn to be patient as first bank and Uba are banks that have been having issues with transfers for a while now...all the transfers I have done to them..takes three days to drop esp first bank

Calling out their names like this is disgusting and very childish on your part...grow up fast, u can't continue like this

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by Pauldollars(m): 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
LuvsBeautifl:

The first support staff ELIJAH OKE OLUWATOSIN really was very unfair. He introduced himself, and after a while ended the chat after I provided him with the session ID of the transaction. I suspect he was trying to hit the complaint resolution target for the day, but that was very unfair and dubious.

The second chat support staff, LAUREL (according to OPay system), but she introduced herself as LAURETTA.

She tried to help but the resolution channel/advice is almost impossible. I was asked to provide the beneficiary account statement from that date to present for them to escalate. How do I walk up to someone and ask for their business account statement?

Thanks.
Opay is miled ahead of commercial banks in Nigeria combined.
The other Banks are the problem.
Try sending any money to your Opay account. You'll receive the alert in 1 Second.

Most of the Commercial Banks in Nigeria have issues with their ICT units

1 Like

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by LuvsBeautifl: 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
SanctifiedSista:

Have u reached out to the other bank with the session ID? Also, have u asked the beneficiary to share his account statement showing the money was not credited? Pls learn to be patient as first bank and Uba are banks that have been having issues with transfers for a while now...all the transfers I have done to them..takes three days to drop esp first bank

Calling out their names like this is disgusting and very childish on your part...grow up fast, u can't continue like this

Sorry if you know them, my apologies, but I'm not taking down their names. It's because people feel their are no repercussions, it's why they do what they do.

What if that was my last card and I'm struggling to get food for my kids? Did that cross your mind.

If people cannot be held accountable for their actions, the. The cycle will continue.

Why would someone do that, queue for a long time and get their chat terminated just because someone needs to hit their target.

I don't get victimized easily. Hanhan.

And for someone that's very mature, quite amazing about the "disgust and childish" comments.

Learn how to advice. It will go a long way for you.

And yes, I reached out to UBA with the session ID, twice, but they have not responded.

Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by lilkech(m): 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
LuvsBeautifl:

The first support staff ELIJAH really was very unfair. He introduced himself, and after a while ended the chat after I provided him with the session ID of the transaction. I suspect he was trying to hit the complaint resolution target for the day, but that was very unfair and dubious.

Thanks.

OPay is very easy to use. Whenever you have a failed pos or money transfer transaction (declined or other error) you do not need to call their customer care support or send mails.

Just fire open your OPay app and you can lodge your complaints via their customer support page right there on their app.

Pic 1: that’s the way to lodge complaints ’in app’

Pic 2: Report transfer dispute is for those bank to bank transfers that has issues. You will just highlight the failed/problematic transaction from your history and they will review it. Report card dispute is for those pos atm card transactions that either decline or fail but you still got debited. For this option you will need to have a copy of the receipt which you will snap and upload to them and they will review the transaction.

Pic 3: while using this method the transaction dispute/issue is usually resolved within 3 - 5 working days.

Pic 4: the only dispute transactions I have ever had while using OPay this emefiele period the circled is how to create a new dispute for resolution

2 Likes

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by LuvsBeautifl: 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
lilkech:

OPay is very easy to use. Whenever you have a failed pos or money transfer transaction (declined or other error) you do not need to call their customer care support or send mails.

Just fire open your OPay app and you can lodge your complaints via their customer support page right there on their app.

Pic 1: that’s the way to lodge complaints ’in app’

Pic 2: Report transfer dispute is for those bank to bank transfers that has issues. You will just highlight the failed/problematic transaction from your history and they will review it. Report card dispute is for those pos atm card transactions that either decline or fail but you still got debited. For this option you will need to have a copy of the receipt which you will snap and upload to them and they will review the transaction.

Pic 3: while using this method the transaction dispute/issue is usually resolved within 3 - 5 working days.

Pic 4: the only dispute transactions I have ever had while using OPay this emefiele period the circled is how to create a new dispute for resolution

Thanks for the input. This was my first call of action. They only told me that the beneficiary's bank has received it and that was all. However, the beneficiary confirmed they have not seen the transfer. This is a business woman. Now how do I go about and ask for her account statement? I really don't know how to get around this
Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by lilkech(m): 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2023
LuvsBeautifl:

Thanks for the input. This was my first call of action. They only told me that the beneficiary's bank has received it and that was all. However, the beneficiary confirmed they have not seen the transfer. This is a business woman. Now how do I go about and ask for her account statement? I really don't know how to get around this

In this case you will need to go to your own bank and inform them that the recipient of that particular transfer/transaction is claiming he/she didn’t receive it in their account.

Of course your bank will check and inform you that it indeed arrived/dropped into the designated account but then you will push them to flag that transaction because the owner of that other account is claiming that they haven’t received it.

Once your bank has been successfully pushed to flag that transaction the recipients bank will then freeze the persons account and notify the customer to come to bank to rectify the issue and possibly return the funds.

I believe by this stage the person should have started contacting you to say they have finally seen the cash grin

1 Like

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by LuvsBeautifl: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
lilkech:

In this case you will need to go to your own bank and inform them that the recipient of that particular transfer/transaction is claiming he/she didn’t receive it in their account.

Of course your bank will check and inform you that it indeed arrived/dropped into the designated account but then you will push them to flag that transaction because the owner of that other account is claiming that they haven’t received it.

Once your bank has been successfully pushed to flag that transaction the recipients bank will then freeze the persons account and notify the customer to come to bank to rectify the issue and possibly return the funds.

I believe by this stage the person should have started contacting you to say they have finally seen the cash grin

Okay. Now, this is where OPay comes in. It is now left for them to contact UBA to flag that payment, because the transfer was from my OPay account. We don't have OPay's physical office, except in Lagos and some very few states, if I'm not mistaken. OPay ought to contact UBA and resolve this. But they are pushing me to do that, and twice I have emailed UBA, even copying CBN once, but till today, they have not responded.
Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by lilkech(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
LuvsBeautifl:

Okay. Now, this is where OPay comes in. It is now left for them to contact UBA to flag that payment, because the transfer was from my OPay account. We don't have OPay's physical office, except in Lagos and some very few states, if I'm not mistaken. OPay ought to contact UBA and resolve this. But they are pushing me to do that, and twice I have emailed UBA, even copying CBN once, but till today, they have not responded.

Oh I now understand your predicament. It’s sad that OPay has few physical branches of not this would have been a walkover.

You will need to go to a uba bank branch near you and complain about what happened at their customer care desk. They will tell you to go to your bank and tell them to officially issue a notice to uba concerning the transaction but since it’s OPay you can try to convince them that OPay has no branch office and their customer care team is telling you that you should come to meet the uba representatives to handle this case.

I pray you find a solution. Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by LuvsBeautifl: 6:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
lilkech:

Oh I now understand your predicament. It’s sad that OPay has few physical branches of not this would have been a walkover.

You will need to go to a uba bank branch near you and complain about what happened at their customer care desk. They will tell you to go to your bank and tell them to officially issue a notice to uba concerning the transaction but since it’s OPay you can try to convince them that OPay has no branch office and their customer care team is telling you that you should come to meet the uba representatives to handle this case.

I pray you find a solution. Good luck

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by lilkech(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
LuvsBeautifl:

Thanks.

You’re welcome

1 Like

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by nabiz(m): 3:35am On Apr 12, 2023
The same problem I am facing now. If I manage to resolve this problem I will never bank with opay again. Infact I will discourage many not to bank with them. There customer service is zero. Their app is not friendly and self directive
Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by stacyadams: 5:51am On Apr 12, 2023
Am having same issues with opay..two different transactions on pending since yesterday.. everything for this country na problem
Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by LuvsBeautifl: 6:11am On Apr 12, 2023
nabiz:
The same problem I am facing now. If I manage to resolve this problem I will never bank with opay again. Infact I will discourage many not to bank with them. There customer service is zero. Their app is not friendly and self directive

Well, I wouldn't totally fault OPay. I got to the very bottom of this one. OPay confirmed everytime I reached then, through all means that they delivered the money to the bank.

So I decided to email the bank (UBA). To get a faster response I copied CBN's complaint email address. It took some time but they replied me and said they have delivered the money to their customer.

I had to reach back to the person (who was still adamant they didn't get the money, despite confirming to them their bank confirmed the receipt of the money) to check their statement.

Someone dropped a screenshot of how to report. Just follow the procedure. I used it.

Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by LuvsBeautifl: 6:13am On Apr 12, 2023
stacyadams:
Am having same issues with opay..two different transactions on pending since yesterday.. everything for this country na problem

NIBS interbank transfers are having general network issue. So, even if it wasn't OPay you used, you may still be having such delays. Sorry about your experience.
Re: Opay Transfer/transaction Dispute by Deew22: 4:58pm On Oct 29, 2023
LuvsBeautifl:

Well, I wouldn't totally fault OPay. I got to the very bottom of this one. OPay confirmed everytime I reached then, through all means that they delivered the money to the bank.

So I decided to email the bank (UBA). To get a faster response I copied CBN's complaint email address. It took some time but they replied me and said they have delivered the money to their customer.

I had to reach back to the person (who was still adamant they didn't get the money, despite confirming to them their bank confirmed the receipt of the money) to check their statement.

Someone dropped a screenshot of how to report. Just follow the procedure. I used it.

Goodluck.

Was your issue resolved? I have a similar issue currently

(1) (Reply)

FIRS Launches Digital Initiative To Include Informal Sector In Nigeria's Tax Net / List Of Farm Business Ideas I Feel You Should Consider / Build New Solar/wind Generated Houses In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.