Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,552 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Shoprite Opens In Enugu - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite Opens In Enugu (22796 Views)

Shoprite Opens In Owerri As Residents Storm Complex (Photos) / Lagos Shuts Shoprite Over Breach Of Safety Law (Photos) / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by RiceStew(f): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2011
Make una dey carry go!
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by cecegorz(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2011
This Polo Park mall pix was taken on the opening day, thurs 15th.
Honestly, we couldn't enter inside, right from the buiding hall way down to Shoprite entry, it was like a rowdy crusade ground!
My pity for the mgt is that they may have lost heavily to shoplifters because there's no way the staff could cope with what besieged them.
Any ways for business minded guys, the whole complex is still unoccupied, apart from shoprite that kicked off, the Cinema halls are still under construction. It might be up to December before the place will really begin to make sense, at least the food court will have been in place too.
When I get chance to visit on a free day, I'll get more pix.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by benmaduks: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2011
Most Nigerians are not sincere, they rather thrive on double speaking and convenient jealousy. How could one talk about promoting indigenous companies when tribal sentiment has beclouded most forumites. Very recently many commentators failed to support the initiative of the likes of Innoson Group. Instead of commending Enugu state for creating employment for her own they are busy comparing the Enugu Shoprite with their home state shopping mall. Jealousy is witchcraft and the future of this country is bleak with such endemic hatred.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by samyng(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2011
wow Nice development there in Enugu thumbs up to the state government,  Seems this one would be bigger than The Palms Shopping Mall as they are still building the park, They only opened shoprite which is just part of it

Description:
Polo Park Mall is situated on the Polo Park Grounds in the city of Enugu, Enugu State. The mall is developed by Polo Park Development Company; a private-public-partnership between the Enugu State Government and Persianas Group (the developers and owners of The Palms Shopping Mall, Lagos - Nigeria's premier Shopping Mall).

This initiative aims to propel Enugu State towards achieving a mega city status, provide employment for its citizens and give residents a modern shopping experience

Shoppers will be able to browse, walk around at leisure and make purchases in a serene, clean environment complete with state-of-the-art facilities. The mall will be home to a variety of shops ranging from cosmetics, food items to electronics. There will also be a food court packed with some of the biggest food chains in Nigeria and abroad, a cinema, and entertainment centers.

Persianas group has put together a world-class team of professionals from Nigeria and abroad for this project. They include TPSP architects, Conceptaul Architect Rob Bray, ECAD Architects, COSTEC, MO&A and New Technics Construction Company. Nigerian Banks like Fidelity Bank Plc and Stanbic IBTC have provided the financing for the project, with financial advisory services from Cardinal Stone. 

Source www(dot)thecoalcity(dot)com

Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by samyng(m): 5:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
[size=13pt]I LOVE THIS TOWN ENUGU[/size]

The Guardian, Monday, July 06, 2009
Persianas, Enugu govt in N5.2b Polo Park project
By Tunde Alao

INDIGENOUS property development company, The Persians Group - developer of the ultra-modern shopping mall, The Palms, at Lekki, Lagos - is wrapping up plans to replicate the project in Enugu, the Enugu state capital.

To be known as 'Polo Park,' the project was initiated at the instance of the Enugu State Governor, Mr. Sulvian Chime and the Chairman of Persianas Group, the owner of The Palms, Mr. Adetayo Amusan.

The project already estimated to cost N5.2 billion excluding the cost of land and title documents sits on an approximately 80,000 square feet parcel of land.

Facilities planned for the first phase of the park include an entertainment arcade, five cinema halls, office space; 67 retails shops; a food court and parking space to accommodate 1,320 vehicles at once, while the second phase is designed to house an hotel and office complex.

The project is to be executed under a private-public-partnership (PPP) arrangement with a consortium of banks undertaking the funding. The banks include Equitoral Trust Bank and Fidelity Bank among other financial institutions. The project, upon which construction work commenced in April this year, has December 2010, as its expected completion date.

The mall is designed as a two-storey building, excluding the mezzanine and the ground floor, with 67 "standard retailing shops" planned for the building.

The Project Head, Persians Group, Mr. Chuka Okoye, said that the level of industrialisation, educational institutions, commercials activities and other social engagements in Enugu, coupled with security situation "made Enugu an ideal environment" for such project.

"Besides, establishing the park in the "Coal City State," would engender transformation and benefits for the people within and outside the state, such as Abia, Anambra and Imo states, among others."

The features of the mall include controlled technology entry and exit to the mall complex and properly structured road network system.

The mall will house tenants cutting across the banking sector, telecommunications, consumer goods merchants, department stores and consumers' service providers.

Manager of The Palms in Lagos, Mrs. Bola Shobande, said that some of the corporate social activities carried out by Parsianas Group in Lagos would be replicated in Enugu, include donating money realised from parking charge to the less privileged homes and rehabilitation and construction of access road to the plaza.

"We plan that the corporate responsibilities we are able to carry out in our Lagos plaza is replicated in Enugu, when the project is eventually completed," she said.

Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by samyng(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2011
[size=13pt]MORE PICS[/size]

Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by amblors(m): 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2011
wow, it is a lovely plaza.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by samyng(m): 6:03pm On Sep 18, 2011
[size=13pt]MORE PICS[/size]

Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by itiswell1(m): 7:14am On Sep 19, 2011
Wow, Nice one. I was there few months ago when the construction was still on going. But seriously, when will we have indegineous companies?
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by COMPAQ(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2011
When will Port Harcourt's Shoprite and Game come up? Well actually, I hear they would have been ain ph by now, but for the inability of the PH govt to finish it's Rivmall!! From what I hear, the interior of RIVmall had to be re-designed cos it did not have large emporiums which Shoprite and Game would need, besides the regular sized shops.

I hope that will be the case though. Can't wait to be able to shop in one location. Tired of going to 3 different places to get all of what i want. Hope KFC comes too. Would add a bit of spice to PH the way silverbird did. Before Silverbird, there was nothing to do in ph if you didn't drink or chase women.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by mrofficial(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2011
See them complaining. How many of you are using Glo? Most of una na MTN.

What makes you think you won't run to shoprite even if there is a Nigerian mall close to it?

Make una go sit down, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by samyng(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2011
The truth of the matter is that i use Nigerian Products too as i love to encourage Nigerian products and ideas. The problem is that most Nigerians build and make bad impression of their products, also note this foreign companies have big money to setup this big stores and expansion. eg Shoprite, game etc.

There are companies here in Nigeria which started Good with nice performance but along the way don't know how they went down

HITV,  Dont know what happened and this company is slow in growth and popularity right now and DSTV is back with no competition
GLO, Am so happy Glo is keeping up with the competition with MTN
Visafone and starcomms only CDMA networks in the country and they are really trying their best.
Zinox,  How many people would want to get zinox computers or laptops here in Nigeria,  I wonder how many nairalanders have zinox computers or laptops.

The list is endless. it all begins with each and everyone of us and most times these Nigerian companies contributes to this, 
The way out of all this if the People and the Government can all join hands encourage this indigenous companies and give them all the support and complain  they need to do better, i believe they will do better and expand thereby creating more employment for us living in it
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by MMM2(m): 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2011
good
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by texazzpete(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2011
samyng:

The truth of the matter is that i use Nigerian Products too as i love to encourage Nigerian products and ideas. The problem is that most Nigerians build and make bad impression of their products, also note this foreign companies have big money to setup this big stores and expansion. eg Shoprite, game etc.

There are companies here in Nigeria which started Good with nice performance but along the way don't know how they went down

HITV,  Dont know what happened and this company is slow in growth and popularity right now and DSTV is back with no competition
GLO, Am so happy Glo is keeping up with the competition with MTN
Visafone and starcomms only CDMA networks in the country and they are really trying their best.
Zinox,  How many people would want to get zinox computers or laptops here in Nigeria,  I wonder how many nairalanders have zinox computers or laptops.

The list is endless. it all begins with each and everyone of us and most times these Nigerian companies contributes to this, 
The way out of all this if the People and the Government can all join hands encourage this indigenous companies and give them all the support and complain  they need to do better, i believe they will do better and expand thereby creating more employment for us living in it

mr.official:

See them complaining. How many of you are using Glo? Most of una na MTN.

What makes you think you won't run to shoprite even if there is a Nigerian mall close to it?

Make una go sit down, abeg.

When you people grow up and start earning your own money, come back and discuss!
I earn my own money through hard work so the sensible thing for me to do is to spend it on the best value for money. Even ultra-patriotic Americans will buy Toyotas over Ford vehicles at will.

If HiTV was quality, nigerians would have supported them. If Glo was FAR better than MTN, why will any Nigerian fail to patronise them?
Why should I spend my hard earned money to buy a Zinox laptop that is technically inferior to Laptops from HP, Dell or Toshiba at the same price point?

Please free yourselves from this spirit of small mindedness. At the end of the day, best value for money is the only sensible choice for someone who legally earns money the hard way. Not this pseudo-patriotic crap you people are spouting.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by samyng(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2011
[size=13pt]Okay Good that's your own opinion,  All i know is that i have already started making my own hard earn money and i will always patronize my Nigerian people and also get products from other as well.  i use both foreign and locally made products made here in Nigeria. As i believe it will improve our GDP as well as create more employment here in our country. All i do is filter Nigerian products that are very Good and are up to standard for me as they are plenty of them. I don't use Zinoks cos am scare of how long it would last and also been using HITV till dey messed up. Also i visit ROMAS store in Enugu the last time i was there but that does not mean i will not visit polo park when i go there,  All am trying to say is that we need to encourage our Nigerian Brothers and Entrepreneurs and get happy when some compete strongly with foreign companies.

Are we not happy to see our own brother  Oluwaseun Osewa's work (Nairaland, Nairalist) Yielding results for him and us. its all proudly Nigerian and we need to keep up with the support and encouragement.
[/size]
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by texazzpete(m): 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2011
samyng:

[size=13pt]Okay Good that's your own opinion,  All i know is that i have already started making my own hard earn money and i will always patronize my Nigerian people and also get products from other as well.  i use both foreign and locally made products made here in Nigeria. As i believe it will improve our GDP as well as create more employment here in our country. All i do is filter Nigerian products that are very Good and are up to standard for me as they are plenty of them. I don't use Zinoks cos am scare of how long it would last and also been using HITV till dey messed up. Also i visit ROMAS store in Enugu the last time i was there but that does not mean i will not visit polo park when i go there,  All am trying to say is that we need to encourage our Nigerian Brothers and Entrepreneurs and get happy when some compete strongly with foreign companies.

Are we not happy to see our own brother  Oluwaseun Osewa's work (Nairaland, Nairalist) Yielding results for him and us. its all proudly Nigerian and we need to keep up with the support and encouragement.
[/size]

Please go and find out how many of these companies coming to Nigeria were 'Encouraged' by their Governments and people while they churned out substandard service.
You're just being a big hypocrite! You will not use Zinox because you are scared of the quality?! Why are you now encouraging people to put their hard earned money towards things that provide less value for money? Why are you not using HiTV till now? What do you mean 'until they messed up'? Isn't HiTV a Nigerian company anymore?

I want to see evidence that you folk have discarded your Hondas and Toyotas for Innoson Motors vehicles before I begin to take you seriously.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by Meristem: 10:56am On Sep 20, 2011
is this not death-knell to our good old supermarkets? All these fake babes in Enugu will abandon Eastern Shop and Roban Stores to go and feel funky and form ''wannabe'' at shoprite.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 11:31pm On Sep 22, 2011
Wow, a working project in Nigeria. shocked Enu Ugwu, nilie zi ne enu!
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by rhymz(m): 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2011
Na now wey shoprite enter Enugu na im a lot of these closet haters remember say e go kill local supermarket and all that rubbish. I guess since the palms opened shop in lagos every other supermarket has since died a natural death and given decent burials. Rubbish yarns!!
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by rhymz(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2011
Na now wey shoprite enter Enugu na im a lot of these closet haters remember say e go kill local supermarket and all that rubbish. I guess since the palms opened shop in lagos every other supermarket has since died a natural death and given decent burials. Rubbish yarns!!
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2011
Yeah, because they don't have foreign shops dominating in Western countries, like KFC and Starbucks in Germany or some other country. Sometimes you have to laugh.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by rhymz(m): 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2011
I thought we all agreed to a capitalist system So whose fault is it if the local businesses leave room for their foriegn counterparts to dominate. Are you insinuating that foreign owned businesses should not be allowed to start shop just because we need to protect our own local biz?? Have you stopped to consider the employment this will generate for the government or the technical know-how that will be passed to Nigerians. What about the revenue the government will generate from them, the benefits of their coperate social responsibilities and so on. Even in those countries, you can't tell us they don't have foriegn owned businesses playing a big part in their economy. Whether they control their own section of the market is up to the players and not the government, period. Now you can have a real good laugh, just dont get stomach aches from it.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Enugu by ezeagu(m): 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2011
Uh, I was agreeing with you, I gave examples of foreign businesses dominating countries in the West.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Job Cut Looms As Dollar Hits ₦590, FOREX Scarcity Bites Harder / What Kind Of Small Business Can 100,000naira Do In Nigerian / Akara And Pap Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.