Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Answering Mobile Phones? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Answering Mobile Phones? (2745 Views)

Reason We All Say 'Hello' When Answering Phone Calls (Photo) / Common Languages Before Answering Calls / How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answering Mobile Phones? by wormedup(m): 8:10am On Mar 02, 2006
ok people this is an issue.

do u think it's wise for wives to pick there husbands mobile phone and vice versa, without no just reason
i'm not saying that they shouldn't at all, but in a case where the husband/wife is in the very position to answer the call should the other pick the call just for nothing ?

Opinions needed ,
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by Grizzly(m): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2006
Well aktcherly, they supposed to. but it depends u know,
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by AbujaBoy(m): 9:00am On Mar 02, 2006
Keep your phone with you at all times!!
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by Grizzly(m): 9:36am On Mar 02, 2006
@ f0d, u got summin 2 hide then,?
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by alheri(f): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2006
I pick my husband's calls and my husband picks mine when either is not available.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by wormedup(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2006
alheri:

I pick my husband's calls and my husband picks mine when either is not available.

i don't have a problem with unavailablity, it's all good.

f0d:

Keep your phone with you at all times!!

sounds more like it. afterall they all av got their own phones.

Grizzly:

@ f0d, u got summin 2 hide then,?

i don't really think so. rather, i'd say letting ur spouse pick ur calls is like trying to prove that u have nothing to hide when u r not supposed to.
if u trust each other, u r not supposed to be in doubt about that.
i called my colleague and his wife picked the phone just to tell me "hold on". she even forgot to ask who it was on the phone, probably just happy that it wasn't a lady's voice on the other end.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by flower(f): 6:34pm On Mar 02, 2006
No, not unless he asks me. I don't like the phone so I hardly answer my own. lipsrsealed
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by Free(f): 3:39am On Mar 03, 2006
if your wife/husband picks up your phone
i dont see what the big deal really is , unless
you got something to hide, then ,
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by 2cantango(f): 6:03am On Mar 03, 2006
i don't get this topic undecided
if you're married, what's the prob?
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by wormedup(m): 8:37pm On Mar 03, 2006
2cantango:

i don't get this topic undecided
if you're married, what's the prob?

the prob is some of us don't appreciate hearing ur spouse's voice when there's an issue to handle.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by DivineOke(f): 9:52pm On Mar 03, 2006
No big deal considering dat "2 become 1 in marriage"
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by Grizzly(m): 1:01am On Mar 04, 2006
Keep your fone with u always lol
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by 2cantango(f): 5:54am On Mar 04, 2006
i still don't get the issue here. If they're just answering ur phone, then handing it over to u, so what? If you love someone enough to marry them and share your most intimate self with them, then why fuss over a small thing like a phone undecided

But on the other hand, if they were to answer the phone and not hand it over, then it would become an issue.
If either couple is answering the other's phone to check up on them, then there are deeper problems between the two.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by papermoon(f): 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2006
cry
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by babymine(f): 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2006
Nuthin wrong but puh-lease dnt make it a habit. smiley
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by wormedup(m): 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2006
DivineOke:

No big deal considering that "2 become 1 in marriage"

it has to be for a reason and not just to say "hello, hold on for him/her".
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by Grizzly(m): 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2006
one of my aunt does this. once the phone rings, she justs rushes at it like mad person, grin grin wonder y?
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by flower(f): 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2006
What if that person does not want to answer the phone for the mere fact that they don't wish to speak? It's their phone, let them answer it, married or not.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by wormedup(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2006
i still wonder why they don't answer each others phone when they were engaged or courting.
then they get married and i become a right.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by Badman888(m): 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2006
If they are both in postion to pick the phone, i guess the wife should leave it for her husband
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by flower(f): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2006
I've only answered my husbands phone once when we were dating and that was because he left it behind so I told whomever it was to call him at work.

If his phone rings I do as I've always done, I walk it to him.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by alheri(f): 6:41pm On Mar 07, 2006
Its no big deal. If he's nearby, yes take it to him. But I dont expect my husband to start bringing the phone to me ringing all the way, to the back yard when am doing laundry or something just cause he respects my privacy and doesnt want to answer my phone for me! Even if its to say hold on or shes not available. Why should he let my phone ring off if he can answer it? My God, this is your huband or wife for christ's sakes!
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by flower(f): 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2006
Right. I take it to him wherever he is, whether he's on the patio or on the balcony. If by the time I get it to him it's a missed call, he can always call that person back. grin It's not really about personal privacy with us, I just do what I can to avoid taking calls. I know, I'm bad but hey, the phone is not my thing. Send me an email tongue
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by Farriel(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2006
I for one wouldn't want my wife to answer my calls (that is, if I had been married), whether or not I've got anything to hide. Her taking my calls would even create the wrong impressions, like she's checking up on my caller's identity (even when she doesn't have any such inclinations).

Get my drift?
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by bluenubian(f): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2006
i think couple should not have to answer their spouse's cell, thats why we have voicemail, so people can leave msgs. so if the trust is there in the marraige, unless the person calling was blowing up their spouse phone over and over again there should be no reason for a person to answer their spouse's phone
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by abuguy64(m): 5:06am On Mar 08, 2006
Hey people,let's not forget that there are some philandering husbands out there(I don't encourage infidelity mind!). The wife of such a guy will probably have a lot of anxiety every time her husbands phone rings,and it's a female on the line. I am not sure I will want to answer the phone if I were a woman married to such a guy.Blissful ignorance! What you don't know wont harm you abi!?
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by wormedup(m): 8:01am On Mar 08, 2006
Farriel:

I for one wouldn't want my wife to answer my calls (that is, if I had been married), whether or not I've got anything to hide. Her taking my calls would even create the wrong impressions, like she's checking up on my caller's identity (even when she doesn't have any such inclinations).

Get my drift?

i luv u my brother !!!

let the call ring out. if it's important the person will call back.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by alheri(f): 9:37am On Mar 08, 2006
@flower, ok I get your drift wink
@bluenubian, well the trust is there in my marriage and I still answer my husbands phone. For my husband and I, its no big deal. Its a matter of opinion and IMO, its absolutelt silly to let my husband's phone ring off when am there and can answer it for him. I also have his email password and since I get on the net more often I check his messages and print them out for him. I even reply some. That to me is trust!
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by africanboy(m): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2006
why not?
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by jigman(m): 11:28am On Mar 08, 2006
Am not after my with picking up my calls, but then any thing she hear is her cup of tea.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by Rottweiler(m): 2:02pm On Mar 08, 2006
Most times I laugh at people when I notice some 'eye service' actions. I keep telling people that despite the fact that a man and woman are married, THERE SHOULD BE A MINIMUM LEVEL OF PRIVACY which should be observed by couples. Why should a wife pick answer her husband phone when she wasn't told to do so. Tell me, because I am married, does that give me the right to pry into my wife's suitcase? My mother-in-law sends my wife (her daughter) a letter, tell me, because she's I go ahead and open the letter in her absence. Couples should know where to draw the line. Since I got married, my wife has never answered my calls. Instead, she would bring the phone to me wherever I am in the house. I also do same for her or call her whenever her phone rings. I always like being practical and I thank God that my wife is very mature and understands a lot.
I have been married for some years now and my marriage has been working out wonderfully. I don't need no eye service treatment to show my wife that I have nothing to hide. I have this colleague whose wife monitors him in all areas: checks his sms, answers his calls, checks his calls record, checks his pockets for evidence, appears unannounced in the office, etc. The guy comes to the staff club and grumbles (as if I chose his wife for him).

To her, she knows all about him and she's keeping tabs. Very soon, she's going to find out that he has a child outside. I pity her.
Re: Answering Mobile Phones? by flower(f): 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2006
I agree with the fact that married or not, everyone deserves some level of privacy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sonyericsson V630i Unlocking Code / Gsm Codes For Barring Incoming Calls: / New! ORIGINAL Iphone 6 In Nigeria By JUMIA.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.