Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,439 members, 7,815,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group (7825 Views)

Throwback Pic Of OBJ Heading World Conference Against Apartheid In 1977 In Lagos / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Outcome Of The National Assembly Election / Nigerian Pilot Loses Life To Explosive After Raid On Boko Haram Group. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by BigB11(m): 6:40pm On Sep 17, 2011
1. The group has demanded N100m
2. Their spokesman (Babakura) that entertained OBJ has been killed
3. ?
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by cre8tivity(f): 12:53am On Sep 18, 2011
3. people are now asking obasonjo to also visit the families of boko haram victims. i think they are close to 800 in number.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Sep 18, 2011
It is a huge shame to a country that we felt to, using federal resources, to send out a condolence party to the home of a dead terrorist who massacred hundreds of Nigerians just because he could, but we never thought the family of the victims were worth close to the same.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by mitofag: 3:18am On Sep 18, 2011
^^^

You cant satisfy everyone.

Even a dead terrorist deserves respect and dignity. there is nothing wrong with OBJ vising that family. And how did you know he was a terrorist by the way?
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Kobojunkie: 3:19am On Sep 18, 2011
Again . . .

It is a huge shame to a country that we felt to, using federal resources, to send out a condolence party to the home of a dead terrorist who massacred hundreds of Nigerians just because he could, but we never thought the family of the victims were worth close to the same.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by godswill4m(m): 8:21am On Sep 18, 2011
I think that the government of this country needs to be flogged 100 lashes of koboko
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by olaezebala: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2011
Both the federal government and Baba Iyabo have a spider in thier brain moving around and making its cob web to block their rational thinking. A terrorist turns celebrity in Nigeria. Tripple shame on them. If some one can kill up to 800 people and his boys sending treat messages to 18 universities, can be visited and government money wasted, then Nigeria is walking in the path of Iraq
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2011
Some fools will pop up from no were nw and tell u its a strategy. lmao
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by anishe(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2011
godswill4m:

I think that the government of this country needs to be flogged 100 lashes of koboko
i volunteer to help flog GEJ bum bum 100 lashes. he is too dull and slow for my liking.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by freepeople: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2011
That N100m will simply be used to purchase more arms, bombs, bomb making materials, train their fighters and ease their logistic problem in carrying out attack. This country is doomed. Does Obasanjo, Goodluck and co. think that Americans are stu.pid by chosing not to negotiate with the terrorists? You don't appease terrorists. Fight the root cause of the problem; which is poverty, ignorance and unemployment. They will be quickly drained of their recruits. Listen to the grievances of the moderates, then isolate the hardliners for extermination. Obasanjo, Goodluck & co. are simply day-dreaming if they think that they can buy peace with money.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by 3kay945(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2011
Has OBJ reacted to this development yet?, Or planning to take a second trip.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Parisgoodman(m): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2011
i just realize that d only way 2 become a celeb in this country is to do something silly n deadly; imagine bh wey nor even attend kg na e naija dey tok abt evry hour, they want attention n naija is really giving them, @ least d guy waz able 2 shake an ex presido b4 he died, what abt u?
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by OLASODE2K: 12:38pm On Sep 18, 2011
It is a very unfortunate reaction from some splinter anti-negotiation group within boko haram. However, the various attempts by both soyinka and fellow nairalanders to rubbish OBJ's efforts are more unfortunate. Nigeria is a one of the most highly experienced country in the world in peace negotiations. If u want to be a successful negotiator, u must first be an impartial arbitrator who treats every allegation as a fact and goes the extra length to unearth the truth. Unfortunately, we nigerians arent living to type. Some months back, a national daily reported the existence of two splinter groups in boko haram; one for peace and other anti-peace. I am expecting our learned nairalanders to be encouraging GEJ to strike a deal with the pro peace group in other to isolate the other group. If this is done, we would gain a billion-dollar savings in high value intelligence{from former boko haram guys} and a much more faster crushing defeat of the still violent group without even firing a shot. If we use force, we stand the most horrifying reactions like uniting them or swelling their ranks with symphatetic civilians. Did the leveling of odi brought an end to militancy attacks in the niger delta? It only rekindled it. That was why Yar Adua's application of cane and carrot proved the most successful tactic. What our unguided pals dont wat to admit is that when this issue goes out of hand, any arbitrator would want to know wat efforts at negotiations have we taken. A word is enough for the wise.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Aderoux: 12:42pm On Sep 18, 2011
Here, we are talking about the killing of a man and his uncle who was trying to ensure peace been killed in 2009 even before the advent of the boko haram attacks.And also close to a thousand extra judicial killings being carried out by the police and some other government forces in maiduguiri. So I don't see anything wrong in what OBJ has done. Why didn't the govt bring justice to this extra judicial killings a long time ago. I agree OBJ 8yr rule was a waste but I think this one he has done in the right direction.Moreover, with all d money US and UN had used to fight terrorism. It has only increased terrorism in the world. Is that the method we also should employ?go. I agree OBJ 8yr rule was a waste but I think this one he has done in the right direction.Moreover, with all d money US and UN had used to fight terrorism. It has only increased terrorism in the world. Is that the method we also should employ?
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by nasoeb: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2011
i volunteer to help flog GEJ bum bum 100 lashes. he is too dull and slow for my liking.

with what i know about those Brains, are you sure 100 IS OKAY? ,

1. 100 koboko = Resultant effect is to plan second trip
2. 500 koboko = Resultant effect is to consider boko boys potential treats
3. 1000 koboko = Resultant effect is to get boko boys
4. 1000 koboko up = Resultant is to Raid, Arrest and prosecute all boko boys and sponsors as well as other law defaulters

so subscribe for your opinion as we are "On top of the Situation" (1, 2, 3, 4)

Flogging coming up soon
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by oluwabamis(m): 1:36pm On Sep 18, 2011
baba should have gone there with enough gmg bags to pay the 100m. an elder stateman like obj should know that terrorism cant be solved by negotiation,only brute force is d solution.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by dayokanu(m): 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2011
Host has been killed so what has been achieved?
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by duduspace(m): 1:39pm On Sep 18, 2011
OLASODE2K:

It is a very unfortunate reaction from some splinter anti-negotiation group within boko haram. However, the various attempts by both soyinka and fellow nairalanders to rubbish OBJ's efforts are more unfortunate. Nigeria is a one of the most highly experienced country in the world in peace negotiations. If u want to be a successful negotiator, u must first be an impartial arbitrator who treats every allegation as a fact and goes the extra length to unearth the truth. Unfortunately, we nigerians arent living to type. Some months back, a national daily reported the existence of two splinter groups in boko haram; one for peace and other anti-peace. I am expecting our learned nairalanders to be encouraging GEJ to strike a deal with the pro peace group in other to isolate the other group. If this is done, we would gain a billion-dollar savings in high value intelligence{from former boko haram guys} and a much more faster crushing defeat of the still violent group without even firing a shot. If we use force, we stand the most horrifying reactions like uniting them or swelling their ranks with symphatetic civilians. Did the leveling of odi brought an end to militancy attacks in the niger delta? It only rekindled it. That was why Yar Adua's application of cane and carrot proved the most successful tactic. What our unguided pals dont wat to admit is that when this issue goes out of hand, any arbitrator would want to know wat efforts at negotiations have we taken. A word is enough for the wise.

Astute post, cldn't have put it better, fighting fire with fire has never worked for anyone. Even the US and USSR were negotiating treaties  while unilaterally pursuing their MAD policies, it is a shame our people are being willfully ignorant. Kudos to Obasanjo for embarking on that trip, my respect for him just went up a notch.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Africason(m): 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2011
Who killed the host? Boko Haramites? I guess henceforth nobody would be willing the host OBJ again. . Damn, these guys are ruthless!.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by ayodot(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2011
Obsanjo move was a personal effort which I think is worth it. And as a mediator he as to be neutral as possible or else he will be wasting is time.
We could remember, when amnesty was offered to militant in Nigerdelta there was resistance. This amnesty broke MEND into fragment. I ask, where is MEND today. gradually all the militants drew into there shell.
If well ochestred, It could be one way to infiltrate BH.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2011
ayodot:

Obsanjo move was a personal effort which I think is worth it. And as a mediator he as to be neutral as possible or else he will be wasting is time.
We could remember, when amnesty was offered to militant in Nigerdelta there was resistance. This amnesty broke MEND into fragment. I ask, where is MEND today. gradually all the militants drew into there shell.
If well ochestred, It could be one way to infiltrate BH.

please tell me you know that to be untrue! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by MEGAWATCH: 4:33pm On Sep 18, 2011
KATAKATA DON DEY PAY O, KATAKATA DON DE PAY FOR NIGERIA.
MAKE WE CAUSE KATAKATA FOR NIGERIA,
BRAKE NIGERIA NA IM BE DE ANSWER.
(Th massage is from federal ministry of mis-information).
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Timijo(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2011
nasoeb:

with what i know about those Brains, are you sure 100 IS OKAY? ,

1. 100 koboko = Resultant effect is to plan second trip
2. 500 koboko = Resultant effect is to consider boko boys potential treats
3. 1000 koboko = Resultant effect is to get boko boys
4. 1000 koboko up = Resultant is to Raid, Arrest and prosecute all boko boys and sponsors as well as other law defaulters[b][/b]PLease give honour to whom honour is due.
[/color]

so subscribe for your opinion as we are "On top of the Situation" (1, 2, 3, 4)

Flogging coming up soon
[b][/b][color=#990000]
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by EvilBrain1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

Mohammed Yusuf didn't "massacree hundreds of Nigerians". At most he was responsible for maybe 2 dozen deaths before the police murdered him. His father-in-law Mallam Fugu never killed anybody and was never involved in any violence. He went to see the police on his own volition as a good citizen and for that, he was murdered. The same police also murdered thousands of unarmed hausa men and boys during the same period. Of course the government should apologise.

If the next bomb blows up Jonathan, the last government's cabinet, the entire leadership of the police and Yar'Adua's corpse, it wouldn't be a tragedy, it will be justice.

A government that can kill so many people in cold blood has no right to call anybody a terrorist.
Kobojunkie:

Again . . .

Mohammed Yusuf didn't "massacree hundreds of Nigerians". At most he was responsible for maybe 2 dozen deaths before the police murdered him. His father-in-law Mallam Fugu never killed anybody and was never involved in any violence. He went to see the police on his own volition as a good citizen and for that, he was murdered. The same police also murdered thousands of unarmed hausa men and boys during the same period. Of course the government should apologise.

If the next bomb blows up Jonathan, the last government's cabinet, the entire leadership of the police and Yar'Adua's corpse, it wouldn't be a tragedy, it will be justice.

A government that can kill so many people in cold blood has no right to call anybody a terrorist.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
Evil Brain:

Well, so far, hundreds have been killed in the north, and that is all that matters to me really since it is possible it can all be linked, to the Boko Haram scourge, which really surfaced in 2009. Until I hear definitive facts stating they were not linked to religious bigotry, which happens to be what Boko Haram has been pushing from day one, I will stick to pinning him and his ilk with this one, sorry!

Fugu, I do not care about. I mean I rarely even took much said of the man seriously when he was alive since I have no clue how anyone whose relative is linked to terrorism could, with a bold face, make demands, knowing those killed were innocent beings.

About the police, we can pretend to argue from today to the morrow on that but one wrong does not make a right. The Boko Haram guy did kill innocents BEFORE police decided to target him and eventually annihilated him in cold blood. So forgive me not harboring any pity for the terrorist and his family. The family of his victims deserve better but we've never, even to this point considered this.

You can choose to see things are you want but please spare me, in the future, the stories. I honestly do not give a hoot how anyone out there has chosen to weave this one. The fact is we have a terrorist out there blowing people to smitherings when the government it claims to be against, is thriving and even laughing at it all.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by fxtopedia(m): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, so far, hundreds have been killed in the north, and that is all that matters to me really since it is possible it can all be linked, to the Boko Haram scourge, which really surfaced in 2009. Until I hear definitive facts stating they were not linked to religious bigotry, which happens to be what Boko Haram has been pushing from day one, I will stick to pinning him and his ilk with this one, sorry!

Fugu, I do not care about. I mean I rarely even took much said of the man seriously when he was alive since I have no clue how anyone whose relative is linked to terrorism could, with a bold face, make demands, knowing those killed were innocent beings.

About the police, we can pretend to argue from today to the morrow on that but one wrong does not make a right. The Boko Haram guy did kill innocents BEFORE police decided to target him and eventually annihilated him in cold blood. So forgive me not harboring any pity for the terrorist and his family. The family of those he deserve better but we never, even to this point considered this.

You can choose to see things are you want but please spare me, in the future, the stories. I honestly do not give a hoot how anyone out there has chosen to weave this one. The fact is we have a terrorist out there blowing people to smitherings when the government it claims to be against, is thriving and even laughing at it all.

Thumb up cool
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by EvilBrain1(m): 6:36pm On Sep 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

About the police, we can pretend to argue from today to the morrow on that but one wrong does not make a right. The Boko Haram guy did kill innocents BEFORE police decided to target him and eventually annihilated him in cold blood. So forgive me not harboring any pity for the terrorist and his family. The family of his victims deserve better but we've never, even to this point considered this.

How do you even know that is true. Was it not the mass-murdering police that told us that he was responsible? How do you know that they weren't lying? Do you think this is the first time the police have framed somebody before murdering them? Are you really going to accept the word of a bunch of murderers without question?

There is a reason why civilized countries have trials before they condemn people. There is a reason why sensible places don't allow their police to summarily execute people just because they say they are terrorists or armed robbers. So if the police come to your town, kill a couple of thousand people without trial, then tell you "they were all terrorists" you'd just accept that and go home?

A basic principle of justice is that you must always hear the other side. If Mohammed Yusuf had lived it's likely that the story we'd be hearing would be very different. His death was a very neat and convenient ending for the NPF. Survivors have a very annoying habit of spilling beans, ask the Apo Six.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Kobojunkie: 6:42pm On Sep 18, 2011
Evil Brain:

How do you even know that is true. Was it not the mass-murdering police that told us that he was responsible? How do you know that they weren't lying? Do you think this is the first time the police have framed somebody before murdering them? Are you really going to accept the word of a bunch of murderers without question?
Nah! Actually, you would know it is true from the fact that his own family is yet to DENY that to date. And the whole Obasanjo pilgrimage to their home helps bolster that belief.
Evil Brain:

There is a reason why civilized countries have trials before they condemn people. There is a reason why sensible places don't allow their police to summarily execute people just because they say they are terrorists or armed robbers. So if the police come to your town, kill a couple of thousand people without trial, then tell you "they were all terrorists" you'd just accept that and go home?
Again, You and I can PRETEND to want to debate this from today till kingdom come but the fact remains that what the man did was not right to begin with. And two wrongs do not make a right. He would probably be alive today if he had not decided to IMPOSE his judgement on other human beings -- mostly innocent lives.

Evil Brain:

A basic principle of justice is that you must always hear the other side. If Mohammed Yusuf had lived it's likely that the story we'd be hearing would be very different. His death was a very neat and convenient ending for the NPF. Survivors have a very annoying habit of spilling beans, ask the Apo Six.

I doubt it . . . again . . .because his own family has not cared to tell a different story than what we have heard of him so far. Matter of fact, even after Obasanjo's visit, the same has been even more closely linked to the group than ever.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by EvilBrain1(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Nah! Actually, you would know it is true from the fact that his own family is yet to DENY that to date. And the whole Obasanjo pilgrimage to their home helps bolster that belief.

So if the family comes out to deny it tomorrow, would you then believe? Do you think that the fact that they haven't denied it is proof of guilt? Maybe they're just keeping their heads down so that the police don't shoot them. I can think of so many reasons why they'd want to keep quiet. Put yourself in their place, if the federal government kills a few of your family members in cold blood and called them criminals, I wonder if you'd be willing to stand in front of a camera and contradict them.

Again, You and I can PRETEND to want to debate this from today till kingdom come but the fact remains that what the man did was not right to begin with. And two wrongs do not make a right. He would probably be alive today if he had not decided to IMPOSE his judgement on other human beings -- mostly innocent lives.

Like I said, all you have is the word of the police and a bunch of youtube videos showing the same police executing innocent people. Stop trying to defend the undefendable. There is  no place for extra-judicial killings in any civilized country. Everybody deserves a trial no matter what they are said to have done. Don't just accept what the authorities tell you without question. People who do that are called mugus.

I doubt it . . . again . . .because his own family has not cared to tell a different story than what we have heard of him so far. Matter of fact, even after Obasanjo's visit, the same has been even more closely linked to the group than ever.

If the family is so closely linked to BH, why did Fugu get murdered immediately after meeting OBJ? The fact is we don't know anything about the Mohammed Yusuf's side of the story thanks to our trigger happy police. Maybe he was guilty, but you can't dismiss the possibility that he was innocent because the man was denied his right to defend himself. What we know for sure is that the police are a bunch of mass-murderes, every bit the terrorists they accuse Boko Haram of being. In fact they killed more than a hundred times the number of people that Boko Haram did in 2009 alone (according to their own figures). Yet instead of talking about that, your condemning a small time bandit who was even one of their vctims.

Personally, I'd be happy to see everybody from the then Borno State Commissioner of police down tried, convicted and hung for murder. If there had been any semblance of justice in the aftermath of the massacre, the present, supercharged boko haram wouldn't exist.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Sep 18, 2011
Evil Brain:

So if the family comes out to deny it tomorrow, would you then believe? Do you think that the fact that they haven't denied it is proof of guilt? Maybe they're just keeping their heads down so that the police don't shoot them. I can think of so many reasons why they'd want to keep quiet. Put yourself in their place, if the federal government kills a few of your family members in cold blood and called them criminals, I wonder if you'd be willing to stand in front of a camera and contradict them.

Like I said, all you have is the word of the police and a bunch of youtube videos showing the same police executing innocent people. Stop trying to defend the undefendable. There is  no place for extra-judicial killings in any civilized country. Everybody deserves a trial no matter what they are said to have done. Don't just accept what the authorities tell you without question. People who do that are called mugus.

If the family is so closely linked to BH, why did Fugu get murdered immediately after meeting OBJ? The fact is we don't know anything about the Mohammed Yusuf's side of the story thanks to our trigger happy police. Maybe he was guilty, but you can't dismiss the possibility that he was innocent because the man was denied his right to defend himself. What we know for sure is that the police are a bunch of mass-murderes, every bit the terrorists they accuse Boko Haram of being. In fact they killed more than a hundred times the number of people that Boko Haram did in 2009 alone (according to their own figures). Yet instead of talking about that, your condemning a small time bandit who was even one of their vctims.

Personally, I'd be happy to see everybody from the then Borno State Commissioner of police down tried, convicted and hung for murder. If there had been any semblance of justice in the aftermath of the massacre, the present, supercharged boko haram wouldn't exist.

I think the person to help you in this is definitely not me. I am a respecter of no terrorist group and no matter how bad the government may be, that gives no group any right to take the lives of the innocent for any stupid cause they may have. Good that you are asking questions but are asking the wrong person!
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by EvilBrain1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I think the person to help you in this is definitely not me. I am a respecter of no terrorist group and no matter how bad the government may be, that gives no group any right to take the lives of the innocent for any silly cause they may have. Good that you are asking questions but are asking the wrong person!

I'm not sure if you're talking about Boko Haram or the Nigeria Police Force smiley. When 2 terrorist groups fight, its the grass that suffers.
Re: List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
Evil Brain:

I'm not sure if you're talking about Boko Haram or the Nigeria Police Force smiley. When 2 terrorist groups fight, its the grass that suffers.

Kobojunkie:

I think the person to help you in this is definitely not me. I am a respecter of no terrorist group and no matter how bad the [b]government [/b]may be, that gives no group any right to take the lives of the innocent for any silly cause they may have. Good that you are asking questions but are asking the wrong person!
is the police not part of the government anymore? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apc’s Failings Will Boost PDP Victory In 2019 – Onuesoke / See The Rare Picture Of late Tolulope Arotile In Action / Killing Of My 3 Sons Planned By GEJ—Nigeria’s Shiite Leader, Sheikh El-ZakZaky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.