Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu (311 Views)

It's saddening life Has Become So Cheap In Nigeria - Peter Obi / Anonymous Hackers Gain Access To Inec’s Website, Say Buhari Cheated During Polls / Buhari Accused Of Inciting Violence During His Speech At APC Rally In Zamfara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by adenigga(m): 5:31am On Mar 22, 2023
President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has expressed hurt over cases of ethnic slurs which overshadowed the 2023 general elections.

He stated that such were capable of creating needless mis-characterisation reported in some locations.

Tinubu, speaking via a signed statement on Tuesday titled, “Elections are over: Healing process must begin,’’ added he was saddened by the reported isolated infractions during the elections and its aftermath in some states.

The president-elect said, “Elections should be a celebration of our maturing democracy and freedom of choice and ought not to be moments of grief. I am particularly pained by cases of ethnic slurs, which are capable of creating needless mis-characterisation reported in some locations.

“However, I’m saddened by the reported isolated infractions during the elections and its aftermath in some states. I strongly condemn it. Also, the report of arson after the announcement of governorship results in one state did not represent who we truly are: peace-loving people.’’

Tinubu stated that the physical and verbal assaults committed were unacceptable and antithetical to democratic ethos.

He congratulated the elected governors and assembly members for “earning the mandate of the people.”

The ex-Lagos State governor said, “The March 18 governorship election held across 28 states and the state legislative poll across the 36 states of the federation have brought the 2023 election circle to a fitting close.

“I must praise President Muhammadu Buhari, the Independent National Electoral Commission, security agencies, observer groups, civil society organisations, development partners and the electorate for the success of the elections. The election is pivotal to the growth and sustenance of democracy and democratic governance at the state level.

“My appeal is for us to rise above our differences, which, in reality, are fewer than the valued strings that bind us together as a people irrespective of the circumstances of our births.

“As former governor of Lagos State, I can attest to the strength in our diversity and togetherness. As your President-elect, it is that spirit of inclusiveness we engendered in Lagos that I intend to bring into national governance so that together we can attain our full potential.”

Tinubu added that, “We must champion the healing process by embracing the opponents and their supporters. As I have stated previously, the time for politicking is gone. This is time for nation building, a task beyond one individual or a section of society. We need every hand from wherever it may come to be on deck.”

Source: https://punchng.com/Verbal-ethnic-attacks-violence-during-polls-saddening-Tinubu

Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 22, 2023
Well said sir. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by buhariPLEASEdie: 5:38am On Mar 22, 2023
Ibos started it all......
I feel no pity for them......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by Jostoman: 5:46am On Mar 22, 2023
Is that not what you told them to do in the governorship election when you came to lagos after presidential election.

3 Likes

Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by helinues: 5:47am On Mar 22, 2023
That's my incoming president his Excellency Bola Tinubu
Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by Africblogng: 5:47am On Mar 22, 2023
Goals achieved already. So its coming a bit too late sha

1 Like

Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by Jostoman: 5:55am On Mar 22, 2023
W
Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by PUSSYHOE(m): 5:59am On Mar 22, 2023
Fraud president elect after it brought you to power, Same you did as governor killing bole Ige and funsho Williams.

No man is as wicked as this man you are condemning a process that brought to you power

1 Like

Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by Nuhskhut: 6:02am On Mar 22, 2023
Baba has spoken!
Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:04am On Mar 22, 2023
Use
Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by PremiumTech: 6:04am On Mar 22, 2023
But you kept quiet all through. 😂 you think you can deceive us?

We have seen the template with which you want to "rule" Nigeria.

We have seen how dubious and hypocritical you are.

You be like: minions go ahead and maim, verbally incite attacks on them, and even kill them, we will apologize later.

Wicked grumpy old hag.

The elements of the earth will judge you.
Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by popesco123: 6:10am On Mar 22, 2023
If you open your mouth mention ipob, ibo and obidient, na ogun go strike your hand with stroke. May your generation encounter inec-like umpire in any contest of their life endeavour.
Re: Verbal Ethnic Attacks, Violence During Polls Saddening - Tinubu by Mynd44: 6:11am On Mar 22, 2023

(1)

Abia State 2023 Guber Election: INEC And Her Double Standard. / Why Yoruba's Are The Most Accomodating / Adamawa Gov Re-run: PDP Accuses INEC Of Creating More Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.