Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,271 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. (540 Views)

Alex Otti's LP Supporters Keep Vigil At INEC Collation Center At Obingwa L.G.A / PDP Youths Keep Vigil At INEC Collation Center In Kano Until Result Is Announced / Mutiu Okunola Attacked, Beaten For Destroying INEC Collation Center (Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. by Workch: 10:59am On Mar 22, 2023
I am an indigene of Abia state and I have been worried with what is actually happening in Abia state. Before the gubernatorial elections, one of my friend who resides in Umuahia told me that he was going for INEC adhoc staff job, it didn't even occur to me all these while that I had a friend who could even tell me what happened. Unfortunately for him, this my friend was posted to Obingwa LGA inec collation centre. Not until this morning when I called him and he said that they were held hostage for two days by obingwa thugs and the police with food.
On getting to the centre, they were first welcomed by labour party agents, they were given refreshments and off they started doing the mathematics. During the whole collation, they had several offers in dollars from PDP agents who wanted them to manipulate the results, but due to the number of accredited voters by the BVAS, it became impossible for them to yield to the demands of those PDP agents.
These PDP agents got frustrated and then invited PDP strong men in Obingwa and Abia state to the collation centre after realizing that the collated results means that PDP lost woefully. These PDP members induced thugs and youths of Obingwa to stage a riot to the INEC LGA office. They blocked the entrance with buses, force themselves into the premises. While this was happening, my friends and other INEC staffs had already locked themselves inside a coaster bus in the INEC office premises, the thugs entered and threatened to burn the bus if they don't announce the results for them to hear it.
The INEC staffs argued that governorship results are supposed to be announced at the state collation centre, before then the presiding officer already called the police. The police got there and these thugs were adamant, led by their strong PDP men. Few minutes later, the army got there and still the thugs in their hundreds threaten that the army would have to kill every single one of them to allow ths INEC staffs leave with those results.
The commissioner of police arrive and still could not pacify the PDP members and thugs. At this point, the presiding office was forced to announced the result of the 2 obingwa state assembly constituency results which PDP won.
Few minutes later, the governor arrived with some men, asked to see the presiding officer, locked him in a room and called all the adhoc staffs back into their office to start manipulating the results. According to my friend, they were manipulating it without regard for the number of accredited voters captured by BVAS. While all these were happening, the electoral officer already informed Proffessor Mahmood Yakub hence INEC had to make it public on their social media handle and then suspended collation. After the whole manipulation, Obingwa thugs and PDP members allowed them to leave.

The next day, which was on a Sunday, the police escrorted the INEC staffs to Umuahia. On getting to Umuahia, nobody was present at the INEC office. So the police insisted that they have to sleep at the office because they are required to officially handover the result to the state presiding officer. After a while, they were taken to Zone 9 with the results, they slept in the police station with the INEC results. The governor called that night suggesting that they bring the result to the government and let them go but the INEC staffs insisted that the result cannot be taken to the government house as that will be culpable.

It was on Monday that the result was finally handedover to the state returning officer, who's the vice chancellor of FUTO. She immediately rejected the result after seeing the unbelievable figures. According to the result, only Obingwa gave PDP 108,000 votes, which is way more than 23,000 accredited voters recorded by BVAS machines in the LGA.
The result was taken to Abuja along side the BVAS machines on Monday for review. The machines are back to umuahia this morning and the recollation will restarted by 11am at the INEC state office in umuahia to make sure that the figurea matches with what is recorded in BVAS. The state INEC collation centre will resume by 4pm and then a winner will likely be announced today.

Well, this is how elections are been rigged now. I am sure this happened in many LGAs accross the country but Ikpeazu is too dull that, he only relied on Isiala Ngwa local government and Obingwa which is the traditional rigging camp of PDP in the state. He didn't learn anything from the presidential election.
He was suppose to lay seige at all local government areas in Abia state, manipulating the result across board like every other state governor did.

This is the structure they were talking about.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. by yinkus6750(m): 11:16am On Mar 22, 2023
Structured party.
It has been well said that what is been practised in Nigeria is agberocracy.
GEJ has said it all, must you force yourself to rule people that don't want you ?
We still have a long way to go

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. by Parachoko: 11:21am On Mar 22, 2023
Propaganda
Re: Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. by ubest1(m): 11:58am On Mar 22, 2023
Since 1999 this how PDP has be running things, APC took over in 2015 & step it up, introduction of BVAS confused them but 2027 watchout, until we eliminate ballot papers, manually writing of result & collection center we can't get it right in this country

2 Likes

Re: Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. by Nice2023(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2023
Workch:
I am an indigene of Abia state and I have been worried with what is actually happening in Abia state. Before the gubernatorial elections, one of my friend who resides in Umuahia told me that he was going for INEC adhoc staff job, it didn't even occur to me all these while that I had a friend who could even tell me what happened. Unfortunately for him, this my friend was posted to Obingwa LGA inec collation centre. Not until this morning when I called him and he said that they were held hostage for two days by obingwa thugs and the police with food.
On getting to the centre, they were first welcomed by labour party agents, they were given refreshments and off they started doing the mathematics. During the whole collation, they had several offers in dollars from PDP agents who wanted them to manipulate the results, but due to the number of accredited voters by the BVAS, it became impossible for them to yield to the demands of those PDP agents.
These PDP agents got frustrated and then invited PDP strong men in Obingwa and Abia state to the collation centre after realizing that the collated results means that PDP lost woefully. These PDP members induced thugs and youths of Obingwa to stage a riot to the INEC LGA office. They blocked the entrance with buses, force themselves into the premises. While this was happening, my friends and other INEC staffs had already locked themselves inside a coaster bus in the INEC office premises, the thugs entered and threatened to burn the bus if they don't announce the results for them to hear it.
The INEC staffs argued that governorship results are supposed to be announced at the state collation centre, before then the presiding officer already called the police. The police got there and these thugs were adamant, led by their strong PDP men. Few minutes later, the army got there and still the thugs in their hundreds threaten that the army would have to kill every single one of them to allow ths INEC staffs leave with those results.
The commissioner of police arrive and still could not pacify the PDP members and thugs. At this point, the presiding office was forced to announced the result of the 2 obingwa state assembly constituency results which PDP won.
Few minutes later, the governor arrived with some men, asked to see the presiding officer, locked him in a room and called all the adhoc staffs back into their office to start manipulating the results. According to my friend, they were manipulating it without regard for the number of accredited voters captured by BVAS. While all these were happening, the electoral officer already informed Proffessor Mahmood Yakub hence INEC had to make it public on their social media handle and then suspended collation. After the whole manipulation, Obingwa thugs and PDP members allowed them to leave.

The next day, which was on a Sunday, the police escrorted the INEC staffs to Umuahia. On getting to Umuahia, nobody was present at the INEC office. So the police insisted that they have to sleep at the office because they are required to officially handover the result to the state presiding officer. After a while, they were taken to Zone 9 with the results, they slept in the police station with the INEC results. The governor called that night suggesting that they bring the result to the government and let them go but the INEC staffs insisted that the result cannot be taken to the government house as that will be culpable.

It was on Monday that the result was finally handedover to the state returning officer, who's the vice chancellor of FUTO. She immediately rejected the result after seeing the unbelievable figures. According to the result, only Obingwa gave PDP 108,000 votes, which is way more than 23,000 accredited voters recorded by BVAS machines in the LGA.
The result was taken to Abuja along side the BVAS machines on Monday for review. The machines are back to umuahia this morning and the recollation will restarted by 11am at the INEC state office in umuahia to make sure that the figurea matches with what is recorded in BVAS. The state INEC collation centre will resume by 4pm and then a winner will likely be announced today.

Well, this is how elections are been rigged now. I am sure this happened in many LGAs accross the country but Ikpeazu is too dull that, he only relied on Isiala Ngwa local government and Obingwa which is the traditional rigging camp of PDP in the state. He didn't learn anything from the presidential election.
He was suppose to lay seige at all local government areas in Abia state, manipulating the result across board like every other state governor did.

This is the structure they were talking about.

Thank u for this and pls,stop advising them on how to rig elections pls.

Your analysis was great!

And I thank u once again.
Re: Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2023
We all know what happened.
INEC was working miracles dia. cheesy
Re: Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. by Workch: 12:03pm On Mar 22, 2023
Nice2023:

Thank u for this and pls,stop advising them on how to rig elections pls.

Your analysis was great!

And I thank u once again.
they already know this.
Re: Eye Witness Report, What Really Happened At Obingwa Collation Center. by DSC7: 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2023
Inec failed many sane Nigerians embarassed....

(1) (Reply)

Schedule Of Seun Kuti’s Tour That’s He Bound To Miss. (picture) / President [Elect], Tinubu Should Do This The 1st Week As President. / BREAKING: Past Governor Of Lagos State, Gov Akinwunmi Ambode Finally Breaks Jinx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.