Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Help On This Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help On This Car (737 Views)

Isn't This Car Too Good For N1.3M? See Pictures! / Bronze 2010/11 Acura Zdx Toks . Complete Comfort Edition . This Car Is Mint / 2001 Nissan Sentra For Sale'' this car is sold!!!'' (2) (3) (4)

Help On This Car by fitnesswis: 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2011
Hello All,
Thanks for the help and support you guys have given me when i searched for a car.
I have this problem. my car which i just bought recently (Mitsubishi Carisma, 1997 model, Manual) doesn't have the remote control. i love controlling a car with remote so can i get this?

Also how fast can I duplicate the key of my car as its only 1?

Also what security gadget can I use to safeguard this car from thieves as the East down here is really hot and i suffered so much to get the money for this car.

Any other maintainace procedure or advice is welcome.
Please I need all your response.
Re: Help On This Car by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 18, 2011
Remote central locking can be added to your car's spec. Provided the car has central locking to begin with. If not, there are lots of kits on the market that can be retro-fitted.

Key duplication also isn't an issue. In '97, immobilisers weren't very widely available as a factory option, (especially on vehicles from North America and Canada) so it will be as simple as getting duplicates made. If your key has a transponder, there are transpondered blanks available, that can also be cut. These will however need coding to your car.

You can have an aftermarket alarm fitted quite cheaply, and an electronic cut-off switch hidden in the car.

As for maintenance - are you good with cars, or are you merely looking for advice on where to take your car for servicing and repairs?
Re: Help On This Car by fitnesswis: 12:31am On Sep 18, 2011
Siena:

Remote central locking can be added to your car's spec. Provided the car has central locking to begin with. If not, there are lots of kits on the market that can be retro-fitted.

Key duplication also isn't an issue. In '97, immobilisers weren't very widely available as a factory option, (especially on vehicles from North America and Canada) so it will be as simple as getting duplicates made. If your key has a transponder, there are transpondered blanks available, that can also be cut. These will however need coding to your car.

You can have an aftermarket alarm fitted quite cheaply, and an electronic cut-off switch hidden in the car.

As for maintenance - are you good with cars, or are you merely looking for advice on where to take your car for servicing and repairs?

Thanks so much but transponder etc i dont really understand. am residing in the east and the car has central lock. also am not good with cars just driving my own for the 1st time with this baby. have been driving but others and not oftne may be 1s a month.

so pls help me out if you can?
Re: Help On This Car by fitnesswis: 3:50pm On Sep 18, 2011
bump
Re: Help On This Car by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2011
What I understand is that your car has central locks but you also want to add a car alarm.

You can add car alarm to any car regardless if it has central locks or not. So it's possible.

Regarding maintenance, do you have an owners manual in the car? If so just follow the guidelines in there and use the option for severe duty if available. The one thing I would recommend is to change frequently and to use the best oil and filter that you can afford.
Re: Help On This Car by fitnesswis: 10:03pm On Sep 18, 2011
Somorin#1:

What I understand is that your car has central locks but you also want to add a car alarm.

You can add car alarm to any car regardless if it has central locks or not. So it's possible.

Regarding maintenance, do you have an owners manual in the car? If so just follow the guidelines in there and use the option for severe duty if available. The one thing I would recommend is to change frequently and to use the best oil and filter that you can afford.

Thanks jare, for this tips.

Other tips are welcome.
Re: Help On This Car by fitnesswis: 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2011
helpĀ  embarassed
Re: Help On This Car by fitnesswis: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2011
helpĀ  embarassed
Re: Help On This Car by fitnesswis: 6:50am On Sep 20, 2011
Ok.
Re: Help On This Car by fitnesswis: 5:30pm On Sep 20, 2011
push,

Dis Anoda Direct 4rm Uk Toks Of 05/06 Toyota Scion / Sparkling Reg 05 Infiniti Fx45(nav.sys,rev.cam) 4sale @ N2.3m Call 08180051794 / Very Clean Used Nissan Altima @480k Call 08023220837 Or 017477624