Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly (677 Views)

Presidency Says CNG To Cost ₦‎230 Per Kg / Senate Presidency: Senators-elect Replies Tinubu, Says ‘akpabio Won’t Fly’ / WAEC Disagrees With Presidency, Says Buhari Applied For Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by dre11(m): 8:10am On Mar 23, 2023
•N’Delta youths beg Tinubu to pick north central ranking senator

Sunday Aborisade in Abuja

Senate Chief Whip, Orji Uzor Kalu, has declared his intention to contest for Senate presidency in the 10th National Assembly, saying the thought of another Muslim heading the senate after the president and vice-president are Muslims would not fly.

Kalu, who won re-election to represent Abia North, was the first aspirant to declare his interest in the number three position, aside speculations.

He made the declaration while briefing journalists at the National Assembly complex yesterday.

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) maintains majority in the Senate, having secured 57 seats.

APC senators eyeing Senate presidency have been lobbying their colleagues for support.

Other ranking senators believed to be eying the position are Sani Musa (Niger), Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom), Barau Jibrin (Kano) and Dave Umahi (Ebonyi).

The party is expected to announce its position any moment from now, even though the APC leadership has said it has not zoned the Senate presidency yet, and that it was not a right of any of the zones.

However, Kalu told reporters that it was his turn to become Senate President being a ranking lawmaker from the South East.

“If I’m elected Senate President, I will be team Nigeria. I’m going to work for every corner of Nigeria. I schooled in Maiduguri, Borno State. I started my business in Lagos and spread it across all state capitals. My first name will be team Nigeria, my last name will be team Nigeria.

“Remember, I’m the only former governor, who has never changed phone line more than 20 years ago. I’m still willing to maintain that telephone number to answer all my calls. I’m not going to switch off my phones because I’m Senate President.

“I’m hoping that Nigerians will pray for me to become Senate President because it’s my turn,” Kalu said, adding that, he would not be comfortable having a Muslim as a Senate President in the 10th National Assembly.

According to him, “I will not be comfortable with a Muslim Senate President, because this is a secular state. In a secular state, we need to accommodate interests, nations and spread to be able to maintain the secularity of our country.

“To me, like I told you people the truth here before, that I believe in Muslim-Muslim ticket. I would not believe in another Senate President being a Muslim. It will not augur well for the country.”

Meanwhile, a group of young Nigerians from the various oil producing communities in the country have urged the President-Elect, Bola Tinubu, to consider a ranking senator from the North Central geopolitical zone as the next Senate President.

The Niger Delta Progressive Youths Frontiers made the appeal in an open letter to Tinubu, signed by its Secretary General, Oyinemi Nicholas Endeley, and made available to journalists in Abuja on Monday.

The group explained that aspirants from other parts of Nigeria apart from the North Central, selfishly worked for themselves in the February 25 Presidential and National Assembly elections, because they got higher votes for themselves compared to what the president got in their senatorial districts.

“As laid out above, it is no gainsaying that one region exceptionally stood out and that is the North Central. A region that has been marginalised for decades and crying for a President of North Central extraction, yet standing very strong in solidarity with you when the need arose,” the group said.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/03/22/kalu-goes-for-senate-presidency-says-another-muslim-wont-fly/

Nlfpmod
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by darling2424(f): 8:12am On Mar 23, 2023
Ndi uwa
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Zonefree(m): 8:13am On Mar 23, 2023
Kalu is chasing shadows. Nigeria as a country has nothing to offer Ndigbo. The earlier we understand this, the better for our development.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by KillerCrocodile: 8:18am On Mar 23, 2023
Kalu is now singing Emi Lokan

He supported the evil Mu-Mu Ticket because he was plotting his ascendency to the Senate Presidency

Now he doesn't want a Muslim -Muslim -Muslim configuration in Government

He thinks Nigerians are stupid

He should have cried out against the Mu-Mu Ticket long before the election

1 Like

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Redoil: 8:19am On Mar 23, 2023
we from south west disagree for everybody in power must all be muslim muslim for that is how we want it

3 Likes

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by thisisit: 8:22am On Mar 23, 2023
GOD FORBID THAT AN EX CONVICT FRESH FROM KUJE PRISON BECOMES NIGERIA'S SENATE PRESIDENT..

IN FACT WE WANT A MUSLIM AS SP..

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Mercisharelove(f): 8:31am On Mar 23, 2023
Would you shut up.

Muslim all the way......

Ego reach adeboye and co......

Hypothyroidism hypocrite.

You all sold your faith to install druggie man

You will all reap it in full

3 Likes

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Mercisharelove(f): 8:35am On Mar 23, 2023
Muslim all the way......

Never vote for any man against Muslim ticket, Muslim must rule all of you.
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by helinues: 8:36am On Mar 23, 2023
Did Kalu support Tinubu in Apc primary? No

Kalu won his senatorial seats with 10k votes margin while Apc received less than 8k votes in this same Kalu's constituency.

This same Kalu still had the guts to displayed voided vote for Tinubu.

Why should such a person be considered as Senate president? Why!
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by StreetFight: 8:37am On Mar 23, 2023
E dey mad.

Next President is Godswill Akpabio
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by richie240: 8:38am On Mar 23, 2023
Then where does that leave the ss and NC dt contributed immensely in last presidential election.

Na buhari's 5% se contribution we see wey we dey marvel, na which category we wan put 1%?

Oga, na who work must chop, that's why dey callam 'workshop'

The SP will most definitely go to a Christian from a region that worked assiduously for thesuccess of apc. That's how u repay hard work!
Dassol!
cool

1 Like

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by StreetFight: 8:38am On Mar 23, 2023
helinues:
Did Kalu support Tinubu in Apc primary? No

Kalu won his senatorial seats with 10k votes margin while Apc received less than 8k votes in this same Kalu's constituency.

This same Kalu still had the guts to displayed voided vote for Tinubu.

Why should such a person be considered as Senate president? Why!

He convinced Lawan to come out and contest against Tinubu because he Kalu was scared of facing Tinubu unlike Judas Osinbajo who faced his Oga and got humiliated

1 Like

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by helinues: 8:40am On Mar 23, 2023
StreetFight:

He convinced Lawan to come out and contest against Tinubu because he Kalu was scared of facing Tinubu unlike Judas Osinbajo who faced his Oga and got humiliated

Did you know before the Apc primary, Kalu made himself clear that if Apc can not microzone the party ticket to SE, northerners should have it. I watched him saying that

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:41am On Mar 23, 2023
Mad man who said Tinubu wife is a pastor.

A muslim whose wife is a pastor should be the Senate president not you Orji Uzo tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by richie240: 8:42am On Mar 23, 2023
helinues:

Did you know before the Apc primary, Kalu made himself clear that if Apc can not microzone the party ticket to SE, northerners should have it. I watched him saying that
That's d mindset of the average southeasterner. They don't really care who becomes d president, so long as he's not Yoruba. Dassol.
If atiku had won there wouldn't have bn an uproar.

In fact if buhari (whom they call jubril el-sudan) wants to go for 3rd term and 4th term, they'll not only support him but clear road for him on the condition that he doesn't hand power to Yoruba.

Pathetic.
Thank God the northerners are politically wiser and can see thru their veiled 'support'.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by HNICEARTH: 8:42am On Mar 23, 2023
Muslim SP and speaker will fly and nothing anyone can do about it. competence above religion. Shettima has proven that only muslims are competent. In fact, every key position must be occupied by a muslim, and we are comfortable with that.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Ofunaofu: 8:52am On Mar 23, 2023
Good morning Kalu

You supported the MM ticket for the presidential and vice presidential candidate of APC, why turn around now to say otherwise for the senate President, oh! Because it will be used to scheme you out

The chickens have come home to roast
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by limeta(f): 8:54am On Mar 23, 2023
I think a Muslim senate president will the right thing to do
So every one can move in the same direction.

Happy Ramadan
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Couldntfigurean: 9:24am On Mar 23, 2023
I think Muslims should get the President of the Senate,Speaker of the House of Representatives
Chief Justice
Deputy President of the Senate
Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives etc

Since Christians no gree get sense,Shebi religion don’t matter only competence and there are no competent Christians according to gbola theif,nubu
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Mindlog: 9:27am On Mar 23, 2023
Orji Uzor Kalu should fight hard and get the Senate Presidency else..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Softmirror: 9:30am On Mar 23, 2023
Zonefree:
Kalu is chasing shadows. Nigeria as a country has nothing to offer Ndigbo. The earlier we understand this, the better for our development.

OF COURSE YOU CANNOT RIPE WHERE YOU DID NOT SOW. MIND YOU TINUBU'S GOVERNMENT WILL RUN ON COMPETENCE AND NOT SENTIMENTS.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Goes For Senate Presidency, Says Another Muslim Won’t Fly by Racoon(m): 9:31am On Mar 23, 2023
This convicted criminal? Tufiakwa! Shameless country being ruled by criminal

(1) (Reply)

CJN Ariwoola Seen Leaving Court To Central Mosque (video) / CCB Invites Keyamo,Set To Commence Investigation Of Atiku Abubakar Over SPV Saga / Breaking News: APC Thugs, Police Attack, Labour Party National Headquarters, Cha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.