Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,424 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Odeshí (An African Curb) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Odeshí (An African Curb) (269 Views)

***WRETCHEDLY RICH***AN AFRICAN STORY ∆ JESSICA DURU / First Middle-grade Mystery/detective Novel Series By An African Writer / Fighting Depression As An African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odeshí (An African Curb) by LazyNaijaYouth(m): 8:35am On Mar 23, 2023
I find it unfair that you don't come to me quite naturally.
I'll have to tame my pleasures and fancies in many ways to get you.

I'll have to mix bitter herbs and chew, stay isolated and dance to Baba's many chants and even the mutterings my ears would play deaf to.
I'd sit in a spot for hours as I listen to the sweet gossip of the wind dancing and wallowing through my ears.

And at that, you're just a veneer for some time, empowering me with supernatural resistance to this world's unruly pains.

Savage!!

Masked men go starving for days, chasing after you like the princess of Odisha.
Immurement is a joke if I wrap you in my arms and have you leaking from my pockets.

And should I get cut in a fight or get stabbed by bandits, you'll have my skin rising with no peels like rotten pasta.

Here's my fortune going south...
I'm as normal and pale without you.
So exposed...
Not willing to pay no cost to get you.

(1) (Reply)

Script Writer Needed For A 30 Pages Script / Falling For My Stepbrother / Outliers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.