Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia (2421 Views)

Herbalist Kidnaps Girls In Calabar, Turns Them To Sex Slaves (pictured) / Nigerian Women Turned To Sex-Slaves In Dubai / 2 Nigerians Arrested For Drugs In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by nolongTing: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2011
In August 2011, Asha Ali from Likoni, Mombasa, sent an SoS to her parents claiming something terrible was about to happen to her in Saudi Arabia.

The 22-year-old, who left for The Gulf in March, said she has been extremely starved, forced to work for up to six households, and that she was about to be sold out to a slave master in Dubai.

Reality dawns on the migrants once they reach Dammam in Riyadh and are packed into a warehouse that serves as a [size=13pt]‘slave’ market[/size].

"At this point, you must surrender your passport. You can stay here for weeks and all you get is food. The locals usually visit this warehouse to choose the persons they like and force them to serve as cleaners, nannies, cooks or gardeners. Protests of being shortchanged are futile since one has already officially agreed to be owned," Mr Khalid states.

Fatuma, who recently fell off a ladder while working

\/

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/InsidePage.php?id=2000042568&cid=159
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by merge(f): 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2011
oh well.

Africans deserve this. They readily fight their own people in favor of others. Africans don't look out for each other and unite for a common goals. So too bad. Other races see this and exploit us.  Other races work hard and try deal honestly with each other to protect their people but Africans don't. You sow what you reap.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2011
most of them are forced into prostitution in saudi arabia. sad cry
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by merge(f): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

most of them are forced into prostitution in saudi arabia. sad cry

Africans barely put any effort in protecting their people. They sow what they reap. Its cruel but its simple as that.

Crying injustice all the time but taking no responsibility in protecting African women. Its very cowardly and disgraceful.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by nolongTing: 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2011
merge:

oh well.

Africans deserve this. They readily fight their own people in favor of others. Africans don't look out for each other and unite for a common goals. So too bad. Other races see this and exploit us.  Other races work hard and try deal honestly with each other to protect their people but Africans don't. You sow what you reap.

Did you read the article? Many of them are FORCED/TRICKED into SLAVERY, can you immagine being warehoused the minute you arrive in a country?
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by merge(f): 1:31pm On Sep 18, 2011
nolongTing:

Did you read the article? Many of them are FORCED/TRICKED into SLAVERY, can you immagine being warehoused the minute you arrive in a country?

Its wrong but many know African men don't protect their women. African women are violated all the time in Africa.

African men readily fight their brothers but other races of men NO. Cowardly.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by nolongTing: 1:44pm On Sep 18, 2011
merge:

Its wrong but many know African men don't protect their women. African women are violated all the time in Africa. 

I know what you mean but that is not true in MY case however its a collective responsibility, are these AFRICAN men not raised by AFRICAN women? So did their AFRICAN mothers not teach them how to protect their beautiful females? So please tell me where did they learn how to be a coward?
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by merge(f): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2011
African men are supposed to teach their sons/other men this.

They learned it through following religion blindly. Christianity and Islam. Just pray about things mentality and everything will be alright. No action but passiveness.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by nolongTing: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2011
merge:

African men are supposed to teach their sons/other men this.

And what are the mothers suppose to teach them?

merge:

They learned it through following religion blindly.

I disagree, the parents are suppose to raise their children – children are a reflection of their parent(s). But from the West to the South of Africa traditionally we are suppose to believe that “it takes a village to raise a child”.

merge:

Christianity and Islam. Just pray about things mentality and everything will be alright.

I agree that Religion is the most serious problem in Africa but what alternatives do Africans have?

merge:

No action but passiveness.

I disagree, I would say no co-operation – there is plenty of INDIVIDUAL action on the part of Africans. When the Europeans enslaved and colonised Africans they co-operated just like the way they are co-operating now as NATO to bomb Libya. There are millions of Africans that would sort out the NTC rebels in a second if their governments co-operated with other African governments and provided the means to do so.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by merge(f): 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2011
nolongTing:

I disagree, the parents are suppose to raise their children – children are a reflection of their parent(s). But from the West to the South of Africa traditionally we are suppose to believe that “it takes a village to raise a child”.

I agree that Religion is the most serious problem in Africa but what alternatives do Africans have?

I disagree, I would say no co-operation – there is plenty of INDIVIDUAL action on the part of Africans. When the Europeans enslaved and colonised Africans they co-operated just like the way they are co-operating now as NATO to bomb Libya. There are millions of Africans that would sort out the NTC rebels in a second if their governments co-operated with other African governments and provided the means to do so.

Remember we are discussing about the violation of African women. Mother can teach sons but its better when African fathers show good example to their sons.

If African governments are not doing their part, why are people not attacking them. Why fighting each other and not going directly to the government who are creating the problems?
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by nolongTing: 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2011
merge:

Remember we are discussing about the violation of African women. Mother can teach sons but its better when African fathers show good example to their sons.

You cannot de-couple the raising of children and the social consequences of their actions. Parenting is a partnership.

merge:

If African governments are not doing their part, why are people not attacking them. Why fighting each other and not going directly to the government who are creating the problems?

It depends on which government you are talking about. But in Africa the governments are installed by imperialists. The leaders learnt from their imperialist masters than dis-unity is key to their longevity. The in fighting is not a coincidence, it can only be defeated with a culture they have no control over.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2011
merge:

it was not so during the tribal days when men would give their lives for their tribe and to protect their honour. it all so sad. i am still ready to die for a member of my tribe if need be. i love my people. sad
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by Ybutterfly: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^This is so sad in 2011 but in a way I am not surprised, that what Arabs wish for black africans any way
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by kemmeye: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2011
omg shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

to think that i tot slavery ended 200 years ago
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2011
nolongTing:

I disagree, the parents are suppose to raise their children – children are a reflection of their parent(s).  But from the West to the South of Africa traditionally we are suppose supposed to believe that “it takes a village to raise a child”.

I disagree, I would say no co-operation – there is plenty of INDIVIDUAL action on the part of Africans.  When the Europeans enslaved and colonised Africans they co-operated just like the way they are co-operating now as NATO to bomb Libya.  There are millions of Africans that would sort out the NTC rebels in a second if their governments co-operated with other African governments and provided the means to do so.

Corpse,

Mind your English.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by nolongTing: 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2011
^^^^^
Where did this idle, little, spit bucket come from?  undecided undecided Out of 141 words you added a “d” to one word, pathetic. grin grin
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by nolongTing: 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2011
kemmeye:

omg shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

to think that i tot slavery ended 200 years ago

I guess the moral of the story is that Africans need to work hard on developing their homelands instead to avoid this type of exploitation.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by Seun(m): 12:50am On Sep 21, 2011
We need to help them if we care.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by pleep(m): 2:23am On Sep 21, 2011
Merge don't copy this "blame black men for everything" nonsense your sisters in the United States have started. Seriously, it is so old.
merge:

Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by Kenyaphilia: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
merge: oh well.

You are certainly right. Africans deserve this. This is the price of greed and failure to respect our own people. Africans never take action to make things rigt, somehow, they hope things will just turn alright but things don't just turn our alright, events must be influenced. A agree with you completely.
Re: Kenyan Slaves In Saudi Arabia by Kenyaphilia: 3:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
merge: oh well.

have you seen the video of Africans, Nigerians, enslaving their own sisters in Italy to work as prostitutes? We reap what we sow, as long as we devalue the worth of our women and our people, we will pay a price.

(1) (Reply)

MUST READ: MY EXPERIENCE USING ACCESS BANK ATM IN FUTO YESTERDAY / The Real-life Story Behind The Great Escape From Alcatraz / See What Hoodlums Did To A Man’s Car Parked Outside The House In Lagos | So Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.