Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

The Lord God Almighty – The Only Holy One, Righteous - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lord God Almighty – The Only Holy One, Righteous (1659 Views)

“Missionary” Is The Only Holy Sexual Position - Pastor Olugbenga Oladejo / Thus Saith The LORD God;There Shall Be Another Bomb Blast In Abuja Prophet Olaye / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Lord God Almighty – The Only Holy One, Righteous by HISchild: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2011
The Lord GOD ALMIGHTY is the only Righteous, Holy  One - by, in and through Whom we can ever profess any righteousness; (forgiveness of sins, grace and salvation - Heb 9:22) – all because of HIS Self sacrifice,  that is, our Lord JESUS CHRIST, “The Almighty”- (Rev 1:7-8). HE is worthy to be praised!  YAHWEH Reigns!

Illustration of being clothed with GOD’s righteousness, by HIS favour – (Abraham – John 8:56. And David, the latter speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit  - 2 Sam 23:2, 2 Pe 1:21)
What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.  For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.  Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.  But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.  Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.” - Rom 4:1-8 (see Psalm 32:1-2)

Reconciliation & redemption back to GOD can never be through our own acts, whatever they are
Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.  And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.” - Rom 11:5-6

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” - Gal_2:16 

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” - Eph 2:8-9

If the Lord has saved us according to the good pleasure of HIS will, and great mercy, we are clothed in HIS great righteousness because of the sacrifice of our Lord JESUS CHRIST, and are saved and free indeed.” (John 8:36)

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.” - Isa 61:10

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.” - Isa 54:17 

"In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." -Jer 23:6 (also, Jer 33:16)

So, by the grace and mercy of GOD alone, (not our own works), “…seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;…" (Matt 6:33)
Re: The Lord God Almighty – The Only Holy One, Righteous by Sweetnecta: 1:24am On Sep 19, 2011
[Quote]llustration of being clothed with GOD’s righteousness, by HIS favour – (Abraham – John 8:56. And David, the latter speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit - 2 Sam 23:2, 2 Pe 1:21)
“What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.” - Rom 4:1-8 (see Psalm 32:1-2)[/Quote] This above is in opposition with below. Its interesting that God is capable of cancelling out sins, with any reason that is external.

[Quote]Reconciliation & redemption back to GOD can never be through our own acts, whatever they are
“Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.” - Rom 11:5-6

“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.” - Gal_2:16

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” - Eph 2:8-9

If the Lord has saved us according to the good pleasure of HIS will, and great mercy, we are clothed in HIS great righteousness because of the sacrifice of our Lord JESUS CHRIST, and are saved and “free indeed.” (John 8:36)[/Quote]This brought about, all of a sudden external reason for forgiveness, blurting out sins, while God was able to do the very same thing before with any external reason,like sacrificing a man, even anything.

[Quote]“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.” - Isa 61:10

“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.” - Isa 54:17

"In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS." -Jer 23:6 (also, Jer 33:16)

So, by the grace and mercy of GOD alone, (not our own works), “…seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;…" (Matt 6:33)[/Quote]The consistence of God to forgive without the need for external season is even expressed in NT will need for external reason a death of a man was not expressed in OT.
Re: The Lord God Almighty – The Only Holy One, Righteous by HISchild: 7:34am On Sep 19, 2011
friend,

if i understand your point correctly, my response is simply this - The Lord JESUS CHRIST, The Almighty (Rev 1:7-cool IS GOD (John 1:1. John 1:14, Isaiah 9:6, );
WHO came to HIS world, this earth as a man, never ceasing to be GOD (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Hebrews 2:17, Colossians 2:8-10), to save HIS people from their sins-
(Matthew 1:21) 
IS The Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8 ) ;
IS from everlasting past (before this world/earth was created by HIM) and has been since its creation, and will be, its only Savior (Isaiah 43:11, Hosea 13:4), only just revealed more to mankind in the new testament era increasingly, by the mercy of GOD. (1 Peter 1:19-21)

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." - Micah 5:2 (compare again to Isaiah 9:6)

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad." - John 8:56

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." - John 8:58 (compare to Exodus 3:14 -"I AM THAT I AM"wink, praise GOD!

Thus, any human being ever born whose soul has been saved from the righteous wrath of GOD by The Lord JESUS CHRIST's Self sacrifice / standing in [the place of] the sinner, has in fact, by GOD's great mercy, been saved by GOD HIMSELF, The Lord JESUS CHRIST, Who is from everlasting past, "The Alpha and Omega" (Rev 1:7-cool.

"Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:" Colossians 2:8-10

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" - 1 Timothy 2:5

"There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

(1) (Reply)

Is praying to the dead biblical? / Isnt It Wrong For Christian Pharmacists To Sell Condoms / God Created His Own Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.