Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev (925 Views)

Side Project I Built 2022 - A Junior Dev / MTN Momo Hack: The Dangerous Aspect Of Programming No One Tells You About / My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by obimerchant: 9:29am On Mar 24, 2023
When I first started see videos online on the new AI that is going to take all the jobs in the tech world , I was not only afraid but I was angry , because I was just getting into the world of tech but over the past week I have been using this tech which is supposed to "take my future job" , it has rather help me become a better developer , I solve my problems in decent time not gallivanting through stack overflow geek4geek like a lost child before I get the answers and was able to develop 3 website in the space of 1month...

My Overall take right now is this tech is for the betterment of us all and will help more than it will destroy

https://devkuipidthougths.netlify.app/post/U34UDPHCjCkI4ncxkx6n

1 Like

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:34am On Mar 24, 2023
I use chatgpt to work and it's made me much more productive. I wonder why people are scared of it. You still need to know your stuff to use it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by Karleb(m): 9:56am On Mar 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
I use chatgpt to work and it's made me much more productive. I wonder why people are scared of it. You still need to know your stuff to use it.

The fear is mostly influenced by Twitter influencers.

A lot of people still don't know or care about these AI.

3 Likes

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by bercarray(m): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2023
People always talk when new things come out, when WIX came out people said the same thing, the picture below is of someone who dropped his writers because of chat gpt and now needs original writers, what does that tell u?
Some one even went as far as saying all professions should be scared of AI even doctors, so my question is, if AI takes over all professional jobs who is going to patronize those AI using companies because 50% of world population would be jobless as at then? People talk way more than they think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by Maxxim: 11:10am On Mar 24, 2023
Karleb:

The fear is mostly influenced by Twitter influencers.

A lot of people still don't know or care about these AI.
Esp contents creators on youtube, they just look for every opportunity to introduce chatgpt talks into their discussion, it's just for traffic

4 Likes

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by davien(m): 11:40am On Mar 24, 2023
chatGPT helped me learn all JavaScript array and object methods, even some I don't normally see.
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by efelico: 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
CHATGPT will affect the job market especially for developer who do not know their onions . Application can now be built in half it expected duration that means fewer hands may be needed to complete a job, lesser number of intern or junior developer might be needed to join a project and this implies that companies may start employing lesser hands. Fullstack developer can now write both frontend and backend more quickly.

Imagine describing your database structure and what you expect and Chatgpt automatically writes a query to connect to the database, develop both frontend and backend with just telling it what to do or modify.

Once a tool is automated, it means manual method of using it will be reduces. Code writing is now much easier or some how becoming automated.
However every exit is also an entrance and I know CHATGPT will also create more opportunities in other sector

4 Likes

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by airsaylongcome: 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

We've integrated ChatGPT into our workflow and our COO has encouraged everyone to learn how to get the best from ChatGPT. I have no fear for it whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by LikeAking: 7:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
airsaylongcome:

We've integrated ChatGPT into our workflow and our COO has encouraged everyone to learn how to get the best from ChatGPT. I have no fear for it whatsoever.

De play.
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by LikeAking: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
bercarray:
People always talk when new things come out, when WIX came out people said the same thing, the picture below is of someone who dropped his writers because of chat gpt and now needs original writers, what does that tell u?
Some one even went as far as saying all professions should be scared of AI even doctors, so my question is, if AI takes over all professional jobs who is going to patronize those AI using companies because 50% of world population would be jobless as at then? People talk way more than they think

Can I have the link to this group?
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by Deicide: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
I don use chatgpt for Turing quiz before and e pass 🙃😅

1 Like

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by shegzhkn: 8:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
C'mon that thing still makes a lot of mistake and if you have no idea (really grounded) what you doing chatGPT will mislead you and then doubles down.

4 Likes

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by bercarray(m): 8:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
LikeAking:

naira land get issues with link posting
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by efelico: 10:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Sir. Do you see your organization employing more hands anytime soon with this innovation?
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by airsaylongcome: 11:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
efelico:

Sir. Do you see your organization employing more hands anytime soon with this innovation?

I don't know o. That's management's decision entirely. We recently hired a Nigerian based in Turkey. So I can't really say
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by niel63(m): 7:12am On Mar 25, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I don't know o. That's management's decision entirely. We recently hired a Nigerian based in Turkey. So I can't really say

It makes more sense to hire Nigerians not based in Nigeria. They are getting more awareness of our shortcomings in this country.
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by Alphabyte1: 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
obimerchant:
When I first started see videos online on the new AI that is going to take all the jobs in the tech world , I was not only afraid but I was angry , because I was just getting into the world of tech but over the past week I have been using this tech which is supposed to "take my future job" , it has rather help me become a better developer , I solve my problems in decent time not gallivanting through stack overflow geek4geek like a lost child before I get the answers and was able to develop 3 website in the space of 1month...

My Overall take right now is this tech is for the betterment of us all and will help more than it will destroy

https://devkuipidthougths.netlify.app/post/U34UDPHCjCkI4ncxkx6n

Imagine creating games or films or cartoon using a prompt in Unity or unreal engine or an editor

Or using NVIDIA Omniverse, blenders,3d max and maya to create video animation using prompt with real time live creation . All this features will be in GPT5 .
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
This one is chatGPT what about the gpt4 that has been everywhere and i heard it's 6x better than GPT-3. It can generate images from just description and even create a full website from a rough sketch.
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by Alphabyte1: 12:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
okpaire2005:
This one is chatGPT what about the gpt4 that has been everywhere and i heard it's 6x better than GPT-3. It can generate images from just description and even create a full website from a rough sketch.

It can create both mobile and web apps it is just an assistant to developers .

1 Like

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
Alphabyte1:

It can create both mobile and web app it is just an assistant to developers .

I Hope so
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by bercarray(m): 1:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
okpaire2005:
so everything about web development to you is just website creation? After creating website, that's all, website developers should go and sleep

1 Like

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by bercarray(m): 5:09pm On Mar 25, 2023
LikeAking:

you've gotten the link?
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
airsaylongcome:

A Nigerian company
Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2023
shegzhkn:
C'mon that thing still makes a lot of mistake and if you have no idea (really grounded) what you doing chatGPT will mislead you and then doubles down.
And it misleads so confidently and so subtle grin. Unless you know your onions it feel just like a high quality,expert answer.
That thing can prove 2 + 2 = cfguukj while sounding like Carl Gauss.

1 Like

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by LikeAking: 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
bercarray:
you've gotten the link?

I have seen it..

Thanks..

I just checked my email.

1 Like

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by shegzhkn: 5:33pm On Mar 25, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

And it misleads so confidently and so subtle grin. Unless you know your onions it feel just like a high quality,expert answer.
That thing can prove 2 + 2 = cfguukj while sounding like Carl Gauss.
Lol, e go con dey apologize left and right.
But damn that thing is an idea generating machine.

2 Likes

Re: My Take On CHATGPT On The Web Development World From The Aspect Of A Junior Dev by airsaylongcome: 6:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

A Nigerian company

Naaah

(1) (Reply)

Project Work / Where Is The Best Place To Study Computer Engr: / New Software Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.