Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,694 members, 7,813,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? (927 Views)

I'm Shocked O. NDLEA Salary For SSCE Holders Is 30k. How True? / Sacked Pregnant Access Bank Cashier Collapses In Lagos After Receiving Letter / Access Bank To Cut Staff Salaries, Retrench 75% Of Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by theduke2233: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2023
As someone who values fairness and equal opportunities, I am deeply concerned about the discriminatory policy of Access Bank regarding O'level results. My younger brother, like many others, has obtained his O'level result from the National Examination Council (NECO), which is a recognized and respected examination body in Nigeria. However, Access Bank has made it mandatory to only accept the West African Examination Council (WAEC) result, thereby excluding students who have obtained their result from NECO.

This policy is unacceptable and unjustifiable. Both WAEC and NECO are recognized by the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and students who have obtained their result from either of these examination bodies should be treated equally. The fact that Access Bank has decided to discriminate against students who have obtained their result from NECO is highly disappointing and sends a wrong message about the values of the bank.

I believe it is important for the relevant authorities to investigate this issue and hold Access Bank accountable for its discriminatory policy. Discrimination on the basis of educational qualifications is unacceptable, and it is crucial that institutions like Access Bank respect the rights and dignity of all their applicants.

I appeal to Access Bank to reconsider its policy and allow students who have obtained their result from NECO to work with them. After all, this applicants are graduates already.

In conclusion, I urge all concerned citizens to join me in speaking out against this discrimination and demanding that Access Bank reverses its policy.

We must work together to ensure that our society upholds the values of fairness, justice, and equal opportunities.

CrazyMan, 1forall, mukina2 seun

Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by muyico(m): 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Sey him no go tru they re requirements b4 applying?
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by theduke2233: 2:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
It wasn't stated

The recruitment process is location specific so carefully choose your most preferred location.

You are also to select ONE from the following programs and apply. Note that you are apply to a program that you are eligible for.
ELTP GRAD

· Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university with a minimum of Second-Class Upper Division (2:1).

Divisions: ERG (Enterprise Resource Group), CIBD (Corporate and Investment Banking Division) and CBD (Commercial Banking Division)

ELTP RETAIL

· Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university with a minimum of Second-Class Lower Division (2:2).

Divisions: Retail sales, Products and Retail Operations

ELTP TECH

· Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university with a minimum of Second-Class Lower Division (2:2).

· Must be a graduate of any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) discipline and Economics.

Division: Technology.
INTERNSHIP

· Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university with a minimum of Second-Class Lower Division (2:1).

Division: Retail Operations

muyico
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by theduke2233: 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
Kindly push to the front page.

CrazyMan, 1forall, mukina2
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by Okorietitus: 8:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
Go and Google "foundation for investigative journalism". Submit your story to them.

Thereafter, write a letter to NECO and copy the Federal Ministry of Education.

See what will happen.
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by theduke2233: 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
I will do that. Thanks
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by theduke2233: 8:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
Okorietitus:
Go and Google "foundation for investigative journalism". Submit your story to them.

Thereafter, write a letter to NECO and copy the Federal Ministry of Education.

See what will happen.

I will do that. Thanks
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by 43Ronin: 8:54am On Mar 25, 2023
Unfortunately govt cannot decide how a bank recruits its personnel to safeguard depositors money. Also politicians are the same league with banks it will be an effort in futility. Banks require WAEC because it shows ur DOB. Access bank will accept neco as supporting docs to your WAEC. But why you no get waec now hope you are trying to age cheat.
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by 43Ronin: 8:55am On Mar 25, 2023
muyico:
Sey him no go tru they re requirements b4 applying?
Him wan jonze the bank with football age as NECO no dey carry date of birth. E forget say na naija him dey, everybody na omila cheesy

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by theduke2233: 9:05am On Mar 25, 2023
43Ronin:
Unfortunately govt cannot decide how a bank recruits its personnel to safeguard depositors money. Also politicians are the same league with banks it will be an effort in futility. Banks require WAEC because it shows ur DOB. Access bank will accept neco as supporting docs to your WAEC. But why you no get waec now hope you are trying to age cheat.

This is not the case here. The said applicant is just 24 years old and finished NYSC earlier this year. He made 5 credit in his waec but without mathematics, fortunately he made all in his neco and has since been using the result.
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by Solsix(m): 9:32am On Mar 25, 2023
Ochim oo, even in Nigeria we no value our own exam body. Who will then take neco serious outside Nigeria??
Re: Access Bank Discriminates Against NECO Result Holders: Is This Fair? by 43Ronin: 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
theduke2233:

This is not the case here. The said applicant is just 24 years old and finished NYSC earlier this year. He made 5 credit in his waec but without mathematics, fortunately he made all in his neco and has since been using the result.

Let him forward the WAEC like that. It doesn't mean anything. They just want to confirm DOB. That's all. And it's not just access bank, GTB too I think zenith also...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm Acturial Sciensist / No Money For The Ccna Exams / Job/career Seekers Forum! Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.