Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement (361 Views)

FIRS Directs Banks To Deduct N50 Stamp Duty On Int’l Transactions From Jan 2021 / Naira Notes Redesign: Central Bank Orders Commercial Banks To Work On Saturdays / Lockdown In Ogun Now On Saturdays And Sundays Only - Governor Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by Islie: 4:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has confirmed the evacuation of banknotes from its vaults to commercial banks across the country as part of a coordinated effort to ease the circulation of banknotes of various denominations.

The CBN has also directed all commercial banks to open for operations on Saturdays and Sundays.

Acting director, corporate communications department of the CBN, Dr. Isa AbdulMumin, disclosed this in a statement in Abuja on Friday.

Dr AbdulMumin stated that a substantial amount of money, in various denominations, had been received by the commercial banks for onward circulation to their respective customers.

According to him, the CBN had directed all banks to load their Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) as well as conduct physical operations in the banking halls through the weekends.

“Branches of commercial banks will operate on Saturdays and Sundays to attend to customers’ cash needs,” he noted, adding that the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, would personally lead teams to monitor the level of compliance by the banks in various locations across the country.

He, therefore, urged Nigerians to be patient as the current situation would ease soon with the injection of more banknotes into circulation.

https://leadership.ng/just-in-cbn-directs-banks-to-open-on-saturdays-sundays-for-currency-disbursement/

Nlfpmod
Re: CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by God1000(m): 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
This is a very pathetic situation, nothing has changed despite using old notes.

To withdraw money from bank now is very difficult, I keep seeing people forming long queues at the ATM machines every day on my way to work and coming back since Monday

Old naira notes isn't even available enough, the new notes is also scarce.

POS agents are still charging N150- N200 per N1000

1 Like

Re: CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by SmartPolician: 4:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
Stop circulating the ugly mutilated naira notes. Print and release the new notes that you people promised us.

1 Like

Re: CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by Fahdiga(m): 4:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
Bank staff are human too. They need rest on those days.
Re: CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by spearman(m): 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2023
WHAT A SHAMELESS TURN AROUND FROM AN IDIOTIC POLICY THAT MADE NO SENSE TO ANYONE BUT WOODEN HEAD ZOMBIDIOTS

Re: CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by N3TRAL: 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2023
I low key want cash to be very scarce.

I want the cash scarcity to linger.

A cashless society will help me achieve my ambition faster.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm entitled to it.

God Bless Emefiele!
Re: CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by Canvass: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2023
Why start what you can't finish? They are now putting bankers under unnecessary pressure.
Re: CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by Boomkalakuta: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
Fahdiga:
Bank staff are human too. They need rest on those days.

The black nation gat no law

Just run around and do anything that seems okay
Re: CBN Directs Banks To Open On Saturdays, Sundays For Currency Disbursement by Mynd44: 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2023

(1)

Pastors, Priests Offended God During 2023 Elections – Mbaka Reveals / Nigerian Government Says Peter Obi Is Committing Treason / 2023: Soyinka Challenges Baba-ahmed To One-on-one Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.