Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,712 members, 7,820,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu (66942 Views)

Guests Excited As Peter Obi Walked Into Wedding Ceremony / UK Police Arrests Raymond Dokpesi At Heathrow Airport / CCTV Footage Of Unknown Gunmen Attack On Army Checkpoint In Ebonyi (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by SeriouslySense(m): 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
smiley
Wawelexy:
All I see here is karma at work! Anyone trying to justify or pity this man under the context of (a father would do anything possible to save his dieing daughter) is also a potential monster that can kill any less privileged just for him/relative to survive...

20 years in senate, his own state can't even boasts of a standard clinic/health centre, not to talk of a standard hospital, and yet he own such enormous amount of Properties across the world..

This is just karma, nothing more...
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by SeriouslySense(m): 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2023
They never learn.

habsydiamond:
That's what desperation can cause. He thought everywhere is Nigeria that you can do things without been checked. I know the baba politician would have learnt his lesson by now. With is judgement declaration cing up, only God knows how many years He, his wife and Doctor would be spending in the prison.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by LagosG: 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
PlayerMeji:
Yet... They are quick to call others Betrayers...

While all through their life, they are HYPOCRITES... doing exactly that thing they accuse others of...

See as this boy destroyed the Ekeremadu family with his selfishness and greed. Now, father, mother, doctor are all awaiting sentences while the sick daughter will be alone to go through life without her parents, though money go dey for her sha...

I'm sorry but you're definitely mad
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by omonnakoda: 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
wirinet:

And the same UK system you trust their media so much found the Ekweremmadus along with their doctor guilt of organ trafficking. Maybe it's only the UK judiciary you don't trust
Can we dispense with sentiments
Have I disagreed with the verdict?
Can you curb the emotions and focus?
Where did I express an opinion about the UK judiciary.

2 Likes

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by GloriousGbola: 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
wirinet:

Ike is an incompetent lawyer. So also is his legal team. They were just scamming him. With the evidence presented by the metropolitan police, a sensible lawyer would have bargained.

An incompetent lawyer is still aware of the law.
A Google search will show you different Nigerians jailed for slavery for bringing people to UK as househelp

At that point it was all or nothing for Ike. A plea bargain in a crime of slavery and human traffiking may not have made much difference in his sentencing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Smartguyboy(m): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dindondin:

You should be ashamed of yourself.
I was on Linda Ikeji's blog few days ago and saw how people with Igbo names had unnecessary sympathy for Ekweremadu.
No one is showing empathy buy sympathy.
It's absurd.
Ekweremadu did something very wrong and condemnable. He's facing the law where law and order works. Not cos he's Igbo cos this act is done widely in Nigeria where due processes are ignored and money is powerful.
Morseso, the country lacked world class hospitals to carry out basic operations and complex ones like kidney, heart transplant, cancer etc.
In the video, the narrator explained doctors discovered the girl can't use the boy's kidney, can still live till she finds a donor, the donor wasn't given life time offer to be able to cope with the risk of transplant and he wasn't aware of the complexity of the operation.
So you all can see why the boy japa. He must v felt being used and seen as worthless except his kidney.
How much ll Ekweremadu use to procure donor legally?
It's just a case if a rich man becoming stingy unnecessary despite acquiring the wealth via illegal means.
You all recall how prominent Nigerians died during COVID-19 cos there was lack of ventilators. Till today, I doubt if Nigeria had up to 20 ventilators cos that time it was 3.
A country that doesn't prepare for pandemic seasons, costly health services like kidney, heart, cancer, brain surgery, etc is a dead country.
Ekweremadu ll chop like 7 years imprisonment.
Any Igbo that feels offended with my post can grab garri or corn and eat cos I ll say the same if Ekweremadu is Hausa, Egun or Yoruba.
The truth is the truth.
We need to grow empathy by putting ourselves in other's shoes before acting. That's how justice can be gotten an everywhere. But what we have is eehyaah, sorry. Stupid sympathy that doesn't travel far into our souls.
This is not about being Igbo what he did was bad no reasonable Igbo person will support or show sympathy ❤️‍🩹 for him after wasting over 20 years in senate without anything to show his people.
Remember Igbos in Germany beat the hell out of him few years ago that to show how they hate him.

2 Likes

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Believeintruth: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
TheChameleon:
Leader of organ harvesters.

Ekweremandu that has 40 houses and despite 20 years in Senate, his region is such a pit latrine that indigenes see Lagos as London.

I told one IPOB named OnyeAshuaru defending him that Ekweremandu must have trafficked his brain. No one should be that senseless.

You don't have sense everywhere in Nigeria is a pit latrine, stop being useless to your lineage
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Newton2024: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
omonnakoda:

Defensive. Ko MIDFIELDER NI
Learn to use the word please
I could have obliged you if you used that simple word
My time is not free and you have no entitlement to it

Bottom line stop posting falsehood
That it did not match is something YOU fabricated
If you genuinely want to learn ,make an effort
You are the one posting falsehood. I'm very much interested in this Ekeremadu's case since last year and I've been following it bumper to bumper. I never missed any news concerning him because I want to see him going to 25 years imprisonment in a foreign land. No matter the fact, my joy is that UK is going to teach him a bitter lesson. Politicians shouldn't think other Nigerians are worthless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by mezebel(f): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
Simplythebest:
Your hatred for Igbos have affected your sense of reasoning.
which hatred,,,so we should clap for ekwere amu abi. good for him
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by SeriouslySense(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
You are not making sense, this is not sound, and not okay seriously.

His organ would have been harvested, and he would have been used as a cheap tissue.

PlayerMeji:

While all through their life, they are HYPOCRITES... doing exactly that thing they accuse others of...

See as this boy destroyed the Ekeremadu family with his selfishness and greed. Now, father, mother, doctor are all awaiting sentences while the sick daughter will be alone to go through life without her parents, though money go dey for her sha...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Believeintruth: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dindondin:

You should be ashamed of yourself.
I was on Linda Ikeji's blog few days ago and saw how people with Igbo names had unnecessary sympathy for Ekweremadu.
No one is showing empathy buy sympathy.
It's absurd.
Ekweremadu did something very wrong and condemnable. He's facing the law where law and order works. Not cos he's Igbo cos this act is done widely in Nigeria where due processes are ignored and money is powerful.
Morseso, the country lacked world class hospitals to carry out basic operations and complex ones like kidney, heart transplant, cancer etc.
In the video, the narrator explained doctors discovered the girl can't use the boy's kidney, can still live till she finds a donor, the donor wasn't given life time offer to be able to cope with the risk of transplant and he wasn't aware of the complexity of the operation.
So you all can see why the boy japa. He must v felt being used and seen as worthless except his kidney.
How much ll Ekweremadu use to procure donor legally?
It's just a case if a rich man becoming stingy unnecessary despite acquiring the wealth via illegal means.
You all recall how prominent Nigerians died during COVID-19 cos there was lack of ventilators. Till today, I doubt if Nigeria had up to 20 ventilators cos that time it was 3.
A country that doesn't prepare for pandemic seasons, costly health services like kidney, heart, cancer, brain surgery, etc is a dead country.
Ekweremadu ll chop like 7 years imprisonment.
Any Igbo that feels offended with my post can grab garri or corn and eat cos I ll say the same if Ekweremadu is Hausa, Egun or Yoruba.
The truth is the truth.
We need to grow empathy by putting ourselves in other's shoes before acting. That's how justice can be gotten a everywhere. But what we have is eehyaah, sorry. Stupid sympathy that doesn't travel far into our souls.

Finally you still don't have sense. You will always find that reason to make it an igbo bashing thing. despite the fact that most igbos don't give a damn about Ekweremmadu. This was a man that igbos beat up in Germany because he was underperforming, and you are here yapping rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by wirinet(m): 1:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
GloriousGbola:

An incompetent lawyer is still aware of the law.
A Google search will show you different Nigerians jailed for slavery for bringing people to UK as househelp

At that point it was all or nothing for Ike. A plea bargain in a crime of slavery and human traffiking may not have made much difference in his sentencing.

Believe me it would. The British and US justice system is restitutive and not punitive like ours. Admitting to a crime and showing remorse usually leads to a lighter sentence. Their court system frowns at wasting judicial time.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by omonnakoda: 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Newton2024:
You are the one posting falsehood. I'm very much interested in this Ekeremadu's case since last year and I've been following it bumper to bumper. I never missed any news concerning him because I want to see him going to 25 years imprisonment in a foreign land. No matter the fact, my joy is that UK is going to teach him a bitter lesson. Politicians shouldn't think other Nigerians are worthless.
Nigerians are not worthless
Speak for yourself and your family
I totally endorse the verdict

I am interested in factuality and correcting misinformation whether from his supporters of opponents.
Many people get so emotional they do not read before reacting
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by SeriouslySense(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
maybe they were doing like Nigeria where they pretend to be right, i am glad they acted foolishly grin grin grin. I hope they give them a heavier sentence for wasting time and pretending to be right.

wirinet:

Believe me it would. The British and US justice system is restitutive and not punitive like ours. Admitting to a crime and showing remorse usually leads to a lighter sentence. Their court system frowns at wasting judicial time.

2 Likes

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Newton2024: 2:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
omonnakoda:

Nigerians are not worthless
Speak for yourself and your family

I totally endorse the verdict

I am interested in factuality and correcting misinformation whether from his supporters of opponents.
Many people get so emotional they do not read before reacting
It seems you lack understanding. You are also arrogant in your error. Will you come back to apologize when you later realize that you are wrong?
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Ikem11(m): 2:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
His corrupt colleagues in government will request UK to send him to Nigeria to serve his jail terms then he will be released under 1 year or pardon .

Corrupt old men.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by blowjohn(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

I detest liers! Why would you be lying just to score a point? Rev King or whatever never had Igbo people's supported him, HURIWA International Organization for human right were the one that seek for his pardon on the ground that Boko Haram were being released. Ahiara people that rejected a bishop because he is not from there, were totally lambasted by all the Igbos at because it is unafrican.
You will never see Igbo people supporting evil because it is done by one of theirs. No
Reason why Simon Ekpa will never be accepted in Igbo land. Any day kanu messed up, he will be treated like Ralph Uwazuruike.

Here is a link:

https://dailypost.ng/2016/02/27/nigeria-will-gain-nothing-by-killing-rev-king-igbo-group-begs-buhari-for-pardon/?amp=1
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Billygee2u: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2023
Wawelexy:
All I see here is karma at work! Anyone trying to justify or pity this man under the context of (a father would do anything possible to save his dieing daughter) is also a potential monster that can kill any less privileged just for him/relative to survive...

20 years in senate, his own state can't even boasts of a standard clinic/health centre, not to talk of a standard hospital, and yet he own such enormous amount of Properties across the world..

This is just karma, nothing more...
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by ufotunang: 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
They will abandon the nigeria hospital and go to abroad to do medical treatment... politicians value your own thing in nigeria and develop it and make it better....so that they will be no need for you to run to abroad to do medical checkup and medical treatment
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by omonnakoda: 2:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
wirinet:

Stop throwing words around to sound knowledgeable

The US system is one of the most punitive in the world with over 1.2 million in prison
The US has the highest incarceration rate. IN THE WORLD
A system with 3 strikes and you're out policies,death penalty and entrenched racism is very punitive indeed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by tsdarkside(m): 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
madness....
this world dangerous.... undecided undecided
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by thonylinks: 3:14pm On Mar 27, 2023
The day they'll sentence him to jail, i will celebrate the exit of one corrupt leader. tongue
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN-pZEU42f4

Source:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqMX3gCguv7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

CCTV footage shows moment 21year old victim walks into a Surrey police station to report Ekweremadu.

Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his wife, Beatrice, and their doctor, Obinna Obeta will be sentenced on May 5 after they were convicted of organ trafficking, in the first verdict of its kind under the Modern Slavery Act in the United Kingdom.

The former deputy senate president, his wife, Beatrice, 56, and Dr. Obinna Obeta, 51, were found guilty of facilitating the travel of a young man to Britain with a view to his exploitation after a six-week trial at the Old Bailey.

They conspired to bring the 21-year-old Lagos street trader to London to exploit him for his kidney, the jury found.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by juman(m): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2023
The senator and the wife should be returned to nigeria.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Juoflife1(f): 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
He's been found guilty, and he will go to jail. With his money and all, he should have gone the legal way. He thinks UK is Nigeria.

I only hope he was not set up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Enemyofpeace: 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
Behind the prison walls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Enemyofpeace: 3:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
juman:
The senator and the wife should be returned to nigeria.
why?
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Madups(m): 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
A big amen to that.
kellyjc:
Our politicians are heartless and have no regard for the people. That is the reason they intend to steal us dry and turn us into their tissue paper but God cannot be mocked.
May shame and commotion never depart from the politicians who have continued to squander what belongs to the people.
To the tribal bigots up there,any day you get the slightest help or opportunity from the people you so much detest,May it turn to poison for you..
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by juman(m): 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
why?

They should show them mercy.
They had good intention.
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by babaireti(m): 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
PlayerMeji:

Why not go and give them your own kidney if you really cares, after all, they have been profiting from your national economy, let them also profit from your right to life, since you are born to serve your leaders.Eewu
Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by mocochannel: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN-pZEU42f4

Source:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqMX3gCguv7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

CCTV footage shows moment 21year old victim walks into a Surrey police station to report Ekweremadu.

Senator Ike Ekweremadu, his wife, Beatrice, and their doctor, Obinna Obeta will be sentenced on May 5 after they were convicted of organ trafficking, in the first verdict of its kind under the Modern Slavery Act in the United Kingdom.

The former deputy senate president, his wife, Beatrice, 56, and Dr. Obinna Obeta, 51, were found guilty of facilitating the travel of a young man to Britain with a view to his exploitation after a six-week trial at the Old Bailey.

They conspired to bring the 21-year-old Lagos street trader to London to exploit him for his kidney, the jury found.

Re: CCTV Footage Of Moment Victim Walked Into UK Police Station To Report Ekweremadu by Onefornaija4: 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2023
omonnakoda:

It is not alleged.

It is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Faces Of The Senate's Mace Thieves On The Run (Photo) / Bomb Blast At Ile-Ife In Osun State / Live Update Of Lagos One Million Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.