Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,494 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Amazon Alexa Records Angry Man Strangled And Cut The Wife's Throat - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amazon Alexa Records Angry Man Strangled And Cut The Wife's Throat (302 Views)

Man Searched Quran For Forgiveness Of Murder, Before Slashing Ex-wife's Throat / Motorcyclist Strangled And His Body Dumped In An Uncompleted Building In Delta / Man Strangled To Death After His 101kg Wife Sat On His Face During An Argument (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazon Alexa Records Angry Man Strangled And Cut The Wife's Throat by Value2Ethics: 8:36am On Mar 25, 2023
Man jailed after being convicted of killing wife thanks to Alexa recordings

A serial domestic abuser has been jailed for life for murdering his wife – after Alexa voice recordings helped bring him to justice.

Daniel White, 36, kicked open Angie White’s locked bedroom door and strangled her before cutting her throat with a Stanley knife.

He then fled the house in Swansea in his wife’s car and hours later phoned police to confess to murder.

Officers went to their home in Idris Terrace, Plasmarl, and discovered the front door unlocked and the body of Mrs White, 45, in her bedroom.

Swansea Crown Court heard that White, a labourer, had a long history of domestic violence, including against Mrs White.

At the time of the murder, he was on licence from prison after receiving a 10-year extended sentence for rape and assault.

Fearful of her husband, Mrs White had recently installed a mortis lock on her bedroom door, which White kicked in after an argument started on WhatsApp.

Neighbours heard banging, shouting and screaming at about 3am on October 22 last year before hearing a front door and a car drive away.

Shortly before 6am, White called police, telling a call handler: “She’s in the house, she’s dead. I’ve strangled her and cut her throat. She’s dead.

“We argued and she locked the door and said she wanted me out.

“All I wanted to do was take my stuff and leave. I just shut her up, I strangled her, I ran downstairs, and I cut her throat to make sure she was dead.”

The court heard the couple had an Amazon Alexa device, which can control household electrical items when activated by a voice prompt.

https://www.upday.com/uk/man-jailed-after-being-convicted-of-killing-wife-thanks-to-alexa-recordings?utm_source=upday&utm_medium=referral
Re: Amazon Alexa Records Angry Man Strangled And Cut The Wife's Throat by kozmokaz(m): 9:14am On Mar 25, 2023
He called to turn him self in ... wetting come consign Amazon Alexa

Make una stop this advert

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two Women Have Reportedly Abducted Their Neighbour's Two Children / Video: Ghanaian Police Arrest 22 People Over Alleged Lesbian Wedding / VIDEO: Man Causes Fire Outbreak At A Gas Station After Lighting A Cigarette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.