Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. (2449 Views)

@zion_kitchen_appliances Home Of Kitchen Appliances / Graphic pic, please nairalanders please help save a dying aunty from cancer pls / Need An Affordable Smart TV's and Home Appliances, Check In Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ForG(m): 10:44pm On Mar 25, 2023
I just got this used generator - Birla Yamaha, and it keeps blowing up several appliances.

Extension, chargers all burnt.

The power it delivers is so great that the bulbs and fan runs at higher brightness and speed than PHCN electricity.

I know the problem of the gen is too high frequency by the previous owner. By tightening a certain screw.

However I don't know where to find this screw and loosen on this particular gen.

Modified: User, Kevoh, said the problem is a lack of inbuilt stabilizer or voltage regulator.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by TheBTCinvestor: 10:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
ForG:
I just got this used generator - Birla Yamaha, and it keeps blowing up several appliances.

The power it delivers is so great that the bulbs and fan runs at higher brightness and speed than PHCN electricity.

I know the problem of the gen is too high frequency by the previous owner. By tightening a certain screw.

However I don't know where to find this screw and loosen on this particular gen.

*singing* na poverty cause all this one ooo I say na poverty.... cool

3 Likes

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by osmosis101(m): 10:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
To the OP . . . . . its beside the fuel opener.you see a screw at the top of the starter..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by meum: 11:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
Why not call a generator guy(artisan) to come adjust it for you. You can give him small amount(negotiate this before he touches the gen)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by mkoabiola: 11:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
I used d Gen way bck on sch. 😂 😂 😂

Na o sky Gen but very strong
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:52am On Mar 26, 2023
ForG:

Go to this thread- https://www.nairaland.com/2335449/professor-type-generator

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ForG(m): 6:13am On Mar 26, 2023
meum:
Why not call a generator guy(artisan) to come adjust it for you. You can give him small amount(negotiate this before he touches the gen)

The mechanic guy tried selling me a generator but I rejected and went to buy from another seller.
He might try to damage something else to prove a point to me.
Just relocated here so yet to find another mechanic.
Also he's not available Sunday.
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ForG(m): 6:15am On Mar 26, 2023
osmosis101:
To the OP
its beside the fuel opener.you see a screw at the top of the starter..

Thank you.
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by kevoh(m): 6:33am On Mar 26, 2023
This gen does not have an inbuilt voltage regulator! A voltage regulator is what we call stabilizer in layman's language. It helps to keep the fluctuating power under normal voltage and your appliances working under normal voltage. Without it, sudden high voltages from your gen will damage your appliances. And trust me this "I-pass-my-neighbour" is a master of producing fluctuations from very high to low.

Even that screw you are looking for to tighten will disappoint you. If you can save, save up to buy a better TEC gen or any gen with in-built stabilizer.

If you don't have money to save for a better gen with voltage regulator, try balancing your load when you put on the gen. You do this by running ceiling fan, 100 watts bulb or any appliances that consume power. Do this first before rushing to plug laptop or phone chargers! Never plug your low wattage appliances first to your I-pass-my-neighbour gen!

19 Likes

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ForG(m): 7:10am On Mar 26, 2023
kevoh:
This gen does not have an inbuilt voltage regulator! A voltage regulator is what we call stabilizer in layman's language. It helps to keep the fluctuating power under normal voltage and your appliances working under normal voltage. Without it, sudden high voltages from your gen will damage your appliances. And trust me this "I-pass-my-neighbour" is a master of producing fluctuations from very high to low.

Even that screw you are looking for to tighten will disappoint you. If you can save, save up to buy a better TEC gen or any gen with in-built stabilizer.

If you don't have money to save for a better gen with voltage regulator, try balancing your load when you put on the gen. You do this by running ceiling fan, 100 watts bulb or any appliances that consume power. Do this first before rushing to plug laptop or phone chargers! Never plug your low wattage appliances first to your I-pass-my-neighbour gen!

Just got the gen yesterday, can't get new one because we have no light where I stay.
I need a gen I could run for hours on just fan and laptop.

What I did it was to run it at low choke until the voltmeter settled at 100V-150V.

On full choke the, voltmeter was reading above 300V.

Does this solve this?
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ForG(m): 7:14am On Mar 26, 2023
kevoh:

Just sold my big gen for this.

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by eventainment(m): 8:12am On Mar 26, 2023
Lol this gen is famous for this acts
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by Housing(m): 8:15am On Mar 26, 2023
osmosis101:
To the OP
its beside the fuel opener.you see a screw at the top of the starter..

Follow this instruction. It's simple to adjust

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by meum: 10:24am On Mar 26, 2023
ForG:

The mechanic guy tried selling me a generator but I rejected and went to buy from another seller.
He might try to damage something else to prove a point to me.
Just relocated here so yet to find another mechanic.
Also he's not available Sunday.
Ask your new neighbors the people that service their generators. You never can tell one of them might choose to come fix it for you on Sunday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by kevoh(m): 11:26am On Mar 26, 2023
ForG:

Just got the gen yesterday, can't get new one because we have no light where I stay.
I need a gen I could run for hours on just fan and laptop.

What I did it was to run it at low choke until the voltmeter settled at 100V-150V.

On full choke the, voltmeter was reading above 300V.

Does this solve this?
Our standard voltage in Nigeria is 220 V at 50 Hz. Lesser voltage means lesser current running through Ur appliance(bulb burns dimly) and higher voltage means higher current (bulb burns brightly and burst if too much)

Problem is the choke is meant to regulate air inflow so that the rich fuel+air mixture burns properly when cool till the engine is warm, then it has to be returned. i.e more fuel needed when you start the gen. My best guess is that not returning the choke to normal position will only let your fuel burn fast, aside that, I can't think of any other harm that may arise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ForG(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2023
kevoh:

Our standard voltage in Nigeria is 220 V at 50 Hz. Lesser voltage means lesser current running through Ur appliance(bulb burns dimly) and higher voltage means higher current (bulb burns brightly and burst if too much)

Problem is the choke is meant to regulate air inflow so that the rich fuel+air mixture burns properly when cool till the engine is warm, then it has to be returned. i.e more fuel needed when you start the gen. My best guess is that not returning the choke to normal position will only let your fuel burn fast, aside that, I can't think of any other harm that may arise.

Can't agree any more on this. Spot on.
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by MasterJayJay: 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
Buy TV guard!! And let every appliance pass through the TV guard.
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ForG(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
MasterJayJay:
Buy TV guard!! And let every appliance pass through the TV guard.

How about the generator? Won't the high voltage damage it?

1 Like

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
I used a Fireman "I better pass my neighbour" generator early 2010s.

There was absolutely nothing that this generator did not fry.

It fried my TV, extension box, phone and laptop chargers, adaptors, bulb.

I still have that generator in my house but I have not used it since 2012 or thereabout.

I used to call it "Weapon of Mass Destruction".

2 Likes

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ahnie: 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
I pass my neighbor generator.
Way back I used to be a very fair complexioned damsel,ever since I bought this I pass my neighbor generator,it was the fumes that changed my complexion from bn fair to dark skinned.

1 Like

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by Treassured: 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
Lol I hate this Generator with Passiongrin

I once had a deal with a client but she couldn't pay up. She had to use this Tiger Gen to sort the bills out, Even though the Gen worth was very low to the amount she was owing me. I had to pity her and accepted the Gen. I have never liked the Gen due to Its numerous bad reviews of spoiling appliances because It doesn't have AVR.

One day, I decided to make use of this Gen due to epileptic supply plus my big gen was due for service. It wasn't up to 15Mins I put It on and connected my appliances. Then I started hearing Gbau Gbaugrin and a terrible smell from the Surge Device. I started sweating profusely and Immediately disconnect all the Appliances. It was the Surge Device that saved my TV, Laptop, Home Theater et all. The Surge Device was Badly damaged.

Omo ever since then, Even If there Is no light in the whole world and this generator is the only available source of light. I will prefer all my devices remains uncharged. The Trauma Is still fresh In my memory till date.

6 Likes

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
These generators are notorious for doing that, but it's adjustable.
You can reduce the speed, or buy a slightly lower capacitor. Best to call a technician either way.
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by Treassured: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
BluntTheApostle:
I used a Fireman "I better pass my neighbour" generator early 2010s.

There was absolutely nothing that this generator did not fry.

It fried my TV, extension box, phone and laptop chargers, adaptors, bulb.

I still have that generator in my house but I have not used it since 2012 or thereabout.

I used to call it "Weapon of Mass Destruction".

I could have experienced this type of Nightmare of yours but my Original Powerful Power Surge Device saved my Ass😁

4 Likes

Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by ForG(m): 12:49am On Mar 27, 2023
Called a technician, said the voltage ran low.
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by Jagznation(m): 9:15am On Mar 27, 2023
Very useless gen cheesy nearly killed my neighbour
Re: All My Appliances Are Blowing Up (PIC) Please Help. by CodeTemplar: 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2023
meum:
the voltage is so high it needs downward adjustment by a technician.

(1) (Reply)

Wedding Ring / Please Help A Lady In Distress. / Pls Help My Family To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.