Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest (660 Views)

I Didn’t Say Yoruba Are Political Rascals – Iwuanyanwu / Political Rascals: Afenifere Knocks Iwuanyanwu, Seeks Clarity From Ohanaeze / When GEJ Met With Chadian President Over Boko Haram And What El Rufai Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by BitterTruth01: 7:54am On Mar 26, 2023
Much is being made of the recent comment by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu about political rascality in the SW but he wasn’t the first to say such.
Back in 2011 , former president Goodluck Jonathan said the southwest should not be left to rascals to rule.
Many believed he was referring to the ACN leadership. He later clarified that he didn’t intend it for anyone specifically .

THE Presidency yesterday distanced President Goodluck Jonathan from suggestions that he called names when he said that the “the south west is too important to be left in the hands of rascals”.

Fielding questions from State House Correspondents, Presidential Spokesman, Mr Ima Niboro, stated that “at no time did the President ascribed the rascal he mentioned to anyone”.

However, he added that while the President did not refer to anyone specifically as a rascal, whoever that would wants to appropriate the name of a rascal to himself is welcome.

He said: “Please note that the president didn’t call any names when he said the south west is too important to be left in the hands of rascals”.

According to him, “so any one who wants to appropriate the name to himself is welcome to do so”.

President Jonathan had on Tuesday while flagging-off his presidential campaign in the South-West geo-political zone, in Ibadan, declared that the south West is too educated to be left in the hands of rascals to lead come April 2011, insisting that the people must vote for credible leaders in the next election.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/jonathan-didnt-call-acn-govs-rascals-presidency/amp/

1 Like

Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by haabidah666: 8:00am On Mar 26, 2023
2011 news...mtchewww
Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by BitterTruth01: 8:00am On Mar 26, 2023
I like this part

However, he added that while the President did not refer to anyone specifically as a rascal, whoever that would wants to appropriate the name of a rascal to himself is welcome.

So if you feel that you’re a political rascal , please continue to act like one

2 Likes

Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by Mraphel: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2023
LEAVE SOUTHWEST, LEAVE LAGOS STATE NEWS FOR THE YORUBAS focus your scope in the south east where elections were rigged, underage votes, politicians killed, let Peter Obi stopped challenges of South eastern part in trafficking, prostitution, drug smuggling, fake products and intolerance by Igbo against most tribes before thinking of becoming Nigeria president.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by BitterTruth01: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2023
Mraphel:
LEAVE SOUTHWEST, LEAVE LAGOS STATE NEWS FOR THE YORUBAS focus your scope in the south east where elections were rigged, underage votes, politicians killed, let Peter Obi stopped challenges of South eastern part in trafficking, prostitution, drug smuggling, fake products and intolerance by Igbo against most tribe before thinking of becoming Nigeria president.

See them

2 Likes

Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by Mraphel: 8:05am On Mar 26, 2023
BitterTruth01:
I like this part

So if you feel that you’re a political rascal , please continue to act like one
Rascals that brought GEJ to power in his first tenure, without the Yorubas and Obasanjo and Tinubu's support he will never be president. He fought against Rascals and he lost

1 Like

Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by frankyychiji(f): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2023
Mraphel:

Rascals that brought GEJ to power in his first tenure, without the Yorubas and Obasanjo and Tinubu's support he will never be president. He fought against Rascals and he lost
Tinubu traded off Ribadu for retaining SW states. Get your facts right.
Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by tommy589(m): 9:06am On Mar 26, 2023
frankyychiji:
Tinubu traded off Ribadu for retaining SW states. Get your facts right.

Explain this your trade off for a better understanding. Jonathan won in Lagos and other SW states except Osun. Atiku before Ribadu won in SW
Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by frankyychiji(f): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2023
tommy589:

Explain this your trade off for a better understanding. Jonathan won in Lagos and other SW states except Osun
So that Jonathan and his federal boys could look the other way during governorship election.
Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by tommy589(m): 9:09am On Mar 26, 2023
frankyychiji:
So that Jonathan and his federal boys could look the other way during governorship election.

How come they did not look away where Buhari won in 2011. Or is the look away that made Jonathan to lost to Buhari in 2015?
This was the beginning of public knowledge of their feud
Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by frankyychiji(f): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2023
tommy589:

How come they did not look away where Buhari won in 2011. Or is the look away that made Jonathan to lost to Buhari in 2015?
This was the beginning of public knowledge of their feud
I think it's time you invite a senior member of your clan to this debate. I'm done with you.
Re: Remember When GEJ Referred To Rascals In The Southwest by tommy589(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2023
frankyychiji:
I think it's time you invite a senior member of your clan to this debate. I'm done with you.

I am a senior man already in my clan. When next,bring my age mate in your immediate family to contribute in meaningful discussions here

(1) (Reply)

Uberfacts: Tinubu Drug Documents Are United States Court Documents / President Elect Bola Tinubu Now Terrorizing Igbos In Their Sleep / LP Senator Elect,victor Umeh In Bribe For Votes Scandal Over Support For Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.