Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another (959 Views)

The Book Of Bible Gaffes / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 26, 2023
I have read the Bible times over again, and it ir teemed with contradictions and thus, couldn’t possibly have been divinely inspired, AKA the infallible words of a perfect God that was dictated to human transcribers.

Here are 30 pair of verses that are completely incompatible:

1.And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against
the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. —Luke 12:10

Contradicts: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
—Romans 10:13

I used to ponder over those two, because if you commit a sin that can never be forgiven, you burn in the Lake of Fire forever —no turning back. So what
would happen if i call upon the name of the lord to be saved? These two verses can’t be simultaneously
true. They cancel out one another.

2. Another thing that made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes
his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:
For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a
second. —Hebrews 8:7
So God made a deal with the Hebrews that had faults in it?
So God is imperfect? It doesn’t compute.

Typing......

1 Like

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by haabidah666: 8:06am On Mar 26, 2023
whorship whatever you believe in
there's soo many discrepancies in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by thesicilian: 8:06am On Mar 26, 2023
There are so many contradictions in the Bible, but "die hard fans" will do everything to prove to you that there is none. I would like to see who can explain these two to me as "not contradictions."

1. Genesis 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

2. Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Exodus 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by DarlingtonC: 8:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Mr. Man stop chasing shadows.

My sincere advice
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by othermen: 8:11am On Mar 26, 2023
In Islam, associating Jesus with God is the unforgivable sin.

Quran 4:48, 116
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 26, 2023
DarlingtonC:
Mr. Man stop chasing shadows.

My sincere advice
Mr Man face the fact.

My sincere advice!

2 Likes

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 26, 2023
Why una go take the bible serious abeg?, Just read am like say na comic book you dey read. E dey enjoyable small Sha, funny stories! 🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 26, 2023
More

3.Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side. and
slay every man his brother…companion…neighbor. — Exodus 32:27

b. Thou shalt not kill. —Exodus 20:13

4. The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and
the third part of trees was burnt up, and
all green grass was burnt up. —Revelation 8:7.

b. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any
green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. —Revelation 9:4

5. For by grace are ye saved through faith…
not of works. —
Ephesians 2:8,9

b. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. —James 2:24

6. For I am the Lord; I change not. —Malachi 3:6

b. And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. —Exodus 32:14

Typing....

1 Like

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 26, 2023
7. For I have seen God face to face. -Genesis 32:30.

b.No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18

8. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23.

b. There was a man…who name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright. —Job 1:1
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by superCleanworks(m): 8:51am On Mar 26, 2023
God's defenders are coming to press your neck
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 26, 2023
superCleanworks:
God's defenders are coming to press your neck
kobojunkie
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
1.And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against
the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. —Luke 12:10

Contradicts: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
—Romans 10:13.

I used to ponder over those two, because if you commit a sin that can never be forgiven, you burn in the Lake of Fire forever —no turning back. So what
would happen if i call upon the name of the lord to be saved? These two verses can’t be simultaneously
true. They cancel out one another.
1. The two verses above aren't even addressing the same things so how can you declare them contradictory? undecided

The first is a Law indicating that anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven by God. Only those who are already under Law aka born-again, can have the access necessary to even commit such a sin. undecided

The second verse is Paul suggesting to the non-believers that they can be saved from death- perishing in the grave--- by calling on the name of God. undecided

Always try to pay close attention to context when reading. undecided
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The two verses above aren't even addressing the same things so how can you declare them contradictory? undecided

The first is a Law indicating that anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven by God. Only those who are already under Law aka born-again, can have the access necessary to even commit such a sin. undecided

The second verse is Paul suggesting to the non-believers that they can be saved from death- perishing in the grave--- by calling on the name of God. undecided

Always try to pay close attention to context when reading. undecided
are you saying the bible is contextual?
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
A. Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three
months. —2 Kings 24:8.

B. Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9

Now this one is contextual. Kobojunkie how do u explain this? I thought the holy spirit inspired the bible?
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Kobojunkiee: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
■ A. Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three

B. Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9
■ Now this one is contextual. Kobojunkie how do u explain this? I thought the holy spirit inspired the bible?
1. Those are likely a result of human error and nothing more. undecided

2. Do you know what the meaning of the word "inspired" is? That book contains the words and opinions, the words of Satan and Demons, as well as the Word of God. That should tell you that inspired does not mean same as True, or Perfect. That book was written by human hands in Human language and to be comprehended by humans just like you, so expect human errors. undecided
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Kobojunkiee: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
are you saying the bible is contextual?
Yes. Each book was written at a different point in time by a different author, and in human language so understandig context is important to understanding what is written. undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Those are likely a result of human error and nothing more. undecided

2. Do you know what the meaning of the word "inspired" is? That book contains the words and opinions, the words of Satan and Demons, as well as the Word of God. That should tell you that inspired does not mean same as True, or Perfect. That book was written by human hands in Human language and to be comprehended by humans just like you, so expect human errors. undecided
How do we know which is correct?

The death of king saul is another one. One verse recorded he committed suicide another recorded he was killed by a young man?
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Kobojunkiee: 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
■ Another thing that made no sense was the whole Old Testament/New Testament conundrum. God actually changes
his mind? In Leviticus, God lays down a bunch of laws and calls them “everlasting.” Then in the New Testament, we suddenly hear this:
For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion to look for a
second. —Hebrews 8:7

■ So God made a deal with the Hebrews that had faults in it?
So God is imperfect? It doesn’t compute.
Typing......
1. What the writer is saying is nothing of what you think. It takes serious understandig to realize what the writer of the letter to the Hebrews is attempting to say there. undecided

2. No, instead God created a sort of loophole by which He could putting those who He cursed under His Old Law in growing His special Nation of Priests- Exodus 19 vs 6. Long story but God announced from the beginning, to the people of Israel, that He would constitute two separate Nations using the descendants of Israel.. undecided
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Kobojunkiee: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
■ How do we know which is correct?
■ The death of king saul is another one. One verse recorded he committed suicide another recorded he was killed by a young man?
1. Only the Word of God - the Word out of God's mouth- is Truth, according to scripture. When it comes to the opinions of men expressed, there is the Law of 2 or 3 witnesses documented in both the Old Law and the New.. undecided

2. I don't know if his death, so it might be of error. undecided
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Kobojunkiee: 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
More 3.Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side. and
slay every man his brother…companion…neighbor. — Exodus 32:27

b. Thou shalt not kill. —Exodus 20:13.
I think you know from considering the context of Exodus 32 that there exists no contradiction in this case. lipsrsealed
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
I think you know from considering the context of Exodus 32 that there exists no contradiction in this case. lipsrsealed
Because they are not on the Lord's side or they bow down to a golden calf(gods)?
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
For I am the Lord; I change not. —Malachi 3:6

b. And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. —Exodus 32:14
kobojunkiee, there is no context here to rely on, is there?
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Dtruthspeaker: 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
A. Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three

Now this one is contextual. Kobojunkie how do u explain this? I thought the holy spirit inspired the bible?

Go and see how people report an accident and see how varied it is, yet the substance is the same.

1 Like

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Kobojunkiee: 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
■ Because they are not on the Lord's side or they bow down to a golden calf(gods)?
1. God used that as a test to choose for the Levites as His Law enforcement troop/army in the Nation of Israel - Exodus 32 vs 28 - 30. undecided

1 Like

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
For I have seen God face to face. -Genesis 32:30.

b.No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18
Was the person bluffing?? Kobojunkiee
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Dtruthspeaker: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
haabidah666:
whorship whatever you believe in
there's soo many discrepancies in the bible.

Common textbooks people do not understand have and have given them many interpretations is it now the Bible that is not even written for everyone to understand, especially devils?

Stand aside abeg, since you are not able to understand it for it means God does not want people like you and the op and it is even funny that the op has her own preference of worship so why is she attacking God? Is her own choice not good for her anymore?
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Go and see how people report an accident and see how varied it is, yet the substance is the same.

I Understand sir, the Holy Spirit is the one that will give us better clarity on varying report like this. Please check the others and drop your points.
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by haabidah666: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Common textbooks people do not understand have and have given them many interpretations is it now the Bible that is not even written for everyone to understand, especially devils?

Stand aside abeg, since you are not able to understand it for it means God does not want you.
God does not want me,na you God wants...mumu

i thought you have an iota of sense in you,i'm highly disappointed

i'm responsible for whatever i type but i'm not responsible for what you understand.

2 Likes

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Kobojunkiee: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:
Was the person bluffing?? Kobojunkie
Genesis 32 vs 24 - 32 explains that Jacob wrestled and defeated a man who then gave Him the name israel the meaning of which had Jacob convinced he had seen God face to face. undecided
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Dtruthspeaker: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
MaDaRa01:

I Understand sir, the Holy Spirit is the one that will give us better clarity on varying report like this. Please check the others and drop your points.

The Bible is not written for people to immediately get it like a textbook. It is meant only for a kind of people God wants. And anyone who does not qualify is left in their darkness. That is what God has done.

1 Like

Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Genesis 32 vs 24 - 32 explains that Jacob wrestled and defeated a man who then gave Him the name israel the meaning of which had Jacob convinced he had seen God face to face. undecided
The man is an angel, no? Angel and GOD are different. He should have made it clear, "I have seen an Angel face to face"
Re: Some Pair Of Bible Verses That Contradict One Another by Dtruthspeaker: 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
haabidah666:
God does not want me,na you God wants...mumu

i thought you have an iota of sense in you,i'm highly disappointed you

Just say you don't have anything to say rather than resorting to insults and blackmail.

haabidah666:

i'm responsible for whatever i type but i'm not responsible for what you understand.

Same thing the Bible is saying to you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live : For What ? / The Davinci Code / The King Of King Is Around! Are U Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.