Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Dear You - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Dear You (262 Views)

Dear Crush / Dear Poor Man... That Rich Man Is Not Better Than You! / DEAR 2018: Share Your Hopes For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear You by Ademolag(m): 11:58am On Mar 26, 2023
A good Sunday morning to you. I believe the presence of the Lord still abides with you.

You see, after taking my time to reflect on the past few months - the events that took place and the reactions I found it important to relate a truth to you.
You see, after my observations, I have come to believe all the more how powerful the content of an information is and why we must, I repeat! must be very careful of what we listen to and what we read. You see these contents actually are spiritual in nature. If you look at the words of Jesus Christ said, "The words that I speak unto you, they are Spirit, and they are life (John 6:63) I used to think it's only His words that are spirits and life until I began to see the effect of ordinary political propagandas on people's lives, how some people's life took a sudden turn in this past month, then I realized that actually it is every word that are life and spirits but the problem is what kind of spirit.
Every human being have a baseline or let me call it a foundation of reasoning which of course you know that reasoning pattern begets actions and reactions. But how is this foundation formed? Should I tell you? The content of what you hear, read and watch that content begets your reasoning pattern and your reasoning pattern begets your way of life and finally your way of life begets your destination in life and in eternity.
I find out after a close look at my circle how the social media sinks spirits into people's mind. Have you noticed how a thing just trends on social media and boom! that's it you see people's life, mentality, believe, understanding change within few hours. And before you know it, chaos, violence, death, killings, immorality, foolishness etc will follow in huge scale in just a matter of hours. Those things are not ordinary, that is the meaning of words being life and spirits.
That is why before you start chanting what they're chanting on social media, no matter how good it seems ask yourself how does this reflect my Christ. But most of us still think it doesn't matter or it's right with Christ because of their shallow knowledge of that Christ. But notwithstanding I want to implore you this morning to please stop letting social media control your mind. As a Christian you only have one guide in life, THE BIBLE! To be serious most things I see online I usually tell people why is the world so full of lies? But I grieve me when I see christians especially friends I see as fellows fall for it and wonder what is going on? But the reply is always the same, they have no baseline knowledge, no belief, no strong actual conviction in them already so just like Paul said ".....So that we are no longer children [spiritually immature], tossed back and forth [like ships on a stormy sea] and carried about by every wind of [shifting] doctrine, by the cunning and trickery of [unscrupulous] men, by the deceitful scheming of people ready to do anything [for personal profit]"Ephesians 4:14.
Dear You, the world is full of noise stop throwing yourself in the middle of those noises I beg you. Step aside and be one of the players of the game. People actually place videos of all kinds on social media just to twist your mind because of their own selfish benefit. People actually organize kidnapping and kill the victim just to make you believe that there's no security, just to put fear in you, just to abuse your mind. People do lots of things on that tik tok and Facebook then when you believe and play along have you asked yourself why this people posted this? What that video you believe is actually meant for? I react to most news not even social media post but legit newspaper news by sighing and throwing it away because yes they may have reported a thing that happened but they report according to how they want you to see it. That's a rule in journalism, if you understand these things you'll hardly take most news serious I'm telling you. Not because you're stupid but because you know what they're driving at. You know the purpose of reporting that news that way.
In all this is what I'll tell you is that you can only find truth in one place on this earth. THE WORD of GOD! If any other truth does not agree with it, it's a lie! I don't care the source, if any other news tells you that a man can make your future right, it's a lie! If they tell you that there's a chance you'll fail or succeed because you are somewhere it's a lie! Make that WORD OF GOD the foundation in your mind. Let it control your thinking, let it direct your state of mind and you will never be moved. In this noisy world a kind of peace will guard your mind because of the understanding you have in the word that people will look and think you're crazy but No! it's because they don't know what you know, they can't understand what you understand.

Dear You, that is what Christ called THE KINGDOM OF GOD.
To be continued. SHALOM!

Sincerely Yours,
#aderichardss Outreach

(1) (Reply)

Denja’s Mum For Burial Today / Competent Ghostwriter Needed / My Heartbeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.