Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,460 members, 7,843,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

NGK Plugs - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / NGK Plugs (666 Views)

NGK PLZKAR6A- 11 Needed. / Kyb Shock Absorber And Ngk Spark Plugs / Genuine Parts- NGK Spark Plugs, KYB Shock Absorber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGK Plugs by 7bucklife: 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
I just recently got brand new spark plugs about 2 weeks ago. I noticed its consuming fuel like never before. Pls is it normal. I got them for 8000 naira pack ngk. Or did I buy fake,I have a sample which I will upload soon.
Re: NGK Plugs by 7bucklife: 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
The name on the spark plugs is ngk bk6e and it's consuming petrol. Pls what's the correct spark plugs to buy for lexus gs 300 2004 model.
Re: NGK Plugs by dicksonadams(m): 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
7bucklife:
The name on the spark plugs is ngk bk6e and it's consuming petrol. Pls what's the correct spark plugs to buy for lexus gs 300 2004 model.

might not be the spark plugs, and normally GS is a fuel guzzler on a steady, it is performance luxury sedan, look for thread created by kingreign or gazzuzz, those folks are good they can help you, ask this question there
Re: NGK Plugs by 7bucklife: 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ok. How can they come here?
dicksonadams:

might not be the spark plugs, and normally GS is a fuel guzzler on a steady, it is performance luxury sedan, look for thread created by kingreign or gazzuzz, those folks are good they can help you, ask this question there
Re: NGK Plugs by AutoMoTech(m): 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
7bucklife:
I just recently got brand new spark plugs about 2 weeks ago. I noticed its consuming fuel like never before. Pls is it normal. I got them for 8000 naira pack ngk. Or did I buy fake,I have a sample which I will upload soon.
Higher fuel consumption is a factor of so many things. Although fake spark plugs producing weak sparks can affect engine performance. The brainbox will adjust and spray more fuel in order to produce more power and this is to compensate for the weak spark.
However, the way you sound, for you to have noticed the higher fuel consumption it feels like there is something else causing this higher fuel consumption other than the plugs

Can you provide more details on what job was done the day you replaced the plugs?
Also how much fuel did you use for certain distance covered compared to after you replaced the plugs?

You need a competent tech to help you diagnose.
Let him check your MAF/MAP sensor signals, O2 sensor signals, fuel trims etc.

That should help guide in the repair process.
Re: NGK Plugs by 7bucklife: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
Nothing serious,I got cheated of a tokunbo fuel pump worth 5k ,sold to me for 10k. After it was installed,my fuel tank will be reading quarter tank,but engine would stall cod seems quarter tank means empty. I would have to buy fuel and keep biting fuel,sometime the fuel guage doesn't read accurate. It will remain on empty even if I buy 20litres. It doest last within a day the fuel has finished.idid not had a scanner. But after installing the ngk spark plugs,my fuel worsened. Reserve light always goes up after 10mins.
Re: NGK Plugs by aieromon(m): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2023
7bucklife:

The recommended spark plug is IFR6A11/IFR6T11. You won't get good fuel economy with standard spark plugs.

Re: NGK Plugs by 7bucklife: 6:57am On Mar 27, 2023
Did you mean I wasted money buying ngk spark plugs. Pls where can I found this type of spark plug. I don't want to look like a novice in market since I will be changing my coils soon. Pls help me sir.and also I used only distilled water in my radiator.i check it on Google and I saw corrolla,matrix,toyota,lexus. Pls I want to be sure,I don't want to buy 4pkugs spark plugs forv6 engine o
Re: NGK Plugs by aieromon(m): 12:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
7bucklife:
Did you mean I wasted money buying ngk spark plugs. Pls where can I found this type of spark plug. I don't want to look like a novice in market since I will be changing my coils soon. Pls help me sir.and also I used only distilled water in my radiator.i check it on Google and I saw corrolla,matrix,toyota,lexus. Pls I want to be sure,I don't want to buy 4pkugs spark plugs forv6 engine o

Check here --->
https://www.nairaland.com/5447221/ngk-spark-plugs-kyb-shock
Re: NGK Plugs by 7bucklife: 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2023
How can one be sure,i have check it and see how it looks but honestly i cant trust anyone . I wasted how much minus workmanship,desite going with mechanic to buy the ngk. End result,wasting fuel and running out of fuel like theres no tomorrow..
aieromon:

Check here --->
https://www.nairaland.com/5447221/ngk-spark-plugs-kyb-shock

(1) (Reply)

Isn't This A Risk? / Converting To CNG / Honda DC Fuel Suckholic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.