Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,561 members, 7,955,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:29 PM

Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton (47078 Views)

Three Reasons Why Messi Shouldn't Have Won The Ballon Dor Award (Opinion) / Ahmed Musa & IG User Who Said He Shouldn't Have Sang A Christian Song As Muslim / Jay-Jay Okocha Returns To Bolton Wanderers As Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Illuminatiship(m): 7:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
LeeSmart:

Bro no be civil servant matter oo.. U self knw say daht insult wey u throw 4 ur comment no jigg now... Anyway hope u doing good?
yes bro I am good and how are you? You must be very matured and I like you for that my brother.knowing an educated person is very easy to spot and I commend you for that.thank you once again...

1 Like

Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Sleekfingers: 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
English premiere league kills talents.

He killed his own talent by not making the right decision.

He was enticed by the money. ....it is common among Nigerian players .
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Goodman247: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
England says skills are not necessary, you need skills in football to outwit your opponents and it makes football interesting to watch, that is why Brazil has won the world Cup 5 times

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Tee2027: 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
Illuminatiship:
Okocha talented player that won nothing? Kanu is far more better than okocha, argue with your ogogoro master of a father..

Another brain in default reverse setting that need urgent formating back to factory setting with no delay.

I quickly went through all you past post and discovered you are one of th obidunce now see what bitterness has done to your life, you can't even reason properly anylonger just because of one nonsense election with nonsense candidates.

Read your post and stand in front of a mirror you will realise madness is on the door knocking. You took swipe on Okocha just he simply at a point support Tinubu and Kanu refused to openly support anyone, that is all.

Pls go and work on your mental status before its too. "Bitterness is the younger brother of madness".

Read the headline and read what you posted it is very distinctive early stage of madness. The topic says A you are typing C, G, Z.
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Illuminatiship(m): 7:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
Tee2027:

Another brain in default reverse setting that need urgent formating back to factory setting with no delay.

I quickly went through all you past post and discovered you are one of th obidunce now see what bitterness has done to your life, you can't even reason properly anylonger just because of one nonsense election with nonsense candidates.why should I check your post when you're just as useless like a baby used diapers (Pillock)

Read your post and stand in front of a mirror you will realise madness is on the door knocking. You took swipe on Okocha just he simply at a point support Tinubu and Kanu refused to openly support anyone, that is all.

Pls go and work on your mental status before its too. "Bitterness is the younger brother of madness".

Read the headline and read what you posted very distinctive early stage of madness. The topic says A you are typing C, G, Z.
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Illuminatiship(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
Tee2027:

I quickly went through all you past post and discovered you are one of th obidunce now see what bitterness has done to your life, you can't even reason properly anylonger just because of one nonsense election with nonsense candidates.

Read the headline and read what you posted it is very distinctive early stage of madness. The topic says A you are typing C, G, Z.
why should I check your post when you're just as useless as a used baby diapers (Pillock)..
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Obiebanks007(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
Viridis:
Ronaldinho bury this matter please stop making okocha to regret. The deed has been done.
Some us can relate to how regret feels

Well said...the deed has been done.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by ernestnyong: 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
I will ever respect a man called okocha is early exist is best known to him.we should lean to respect our own.
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
SmartPolician:
Okocha was fun to watch - dude was phenomenal with dribbling and free kicks.

I totally agree with Ronaldinho.

Nigerian's Super Eagles died when Okocha and Kanu stepped aside for the young generation.
But super eagles still won nation's cup after they've both gone.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Risingsunn: 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
No serious and competitive team wanted him back then. Okocha was just an unserious player. He doesn't mind his team losing 10-0 as long as he is enjoying himself and entertaining us, he is fine.

No be so football be. Okocha wasn't a match winner, he was simply an entertainer.
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by baralatie(m): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

You have a point but mind you there were still very fine Players in Africa doing well then playing in bigger teams which ofcus gives one an edge in their football career.
Okocha career just be like Joke grin
Big Psg to Bolton, Bolton to Qatar SC, Qatar to Hull City grin which kind nonsense movement be that one na undecided.
Em
Back then psg was not big o!
The big clubs in France then we're Marseille and Monaco!
Psg was an aspiring club like Tottenham
Also back you could count on one hand the number of African players in his time who were in grade a teams.
Dem no pass 2
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by emmykk(m): 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
Illuminatiship:
Okocha talented player that won nothing? Kanu is far more better than okocha, argue with your ogogoro master of a father..

Nhilo Kante is bigger than CR7
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Napata77: 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
bizhop01:
Imagine world class player with good form moving from top club like PSG to shit hold club in England, When village people whisper to your ears cool

LOL.

Una no go kill persin for this nairaland. grin wink
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Napata77: 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
Reference:
I remember the period and all the talk around that time and the conclusion was that it was all about the money. His wages at PSG was paltry and Bolton came up with the best offer.

The problem was that with all his skills and abilities Okocha was a late bloomer. He got into Europe like his senior contemporaries of that time when already in his prime so he didn't really have a long enough career to make better, strategic decisions.

Very well said.
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Napata77: 10:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
ufotunang:
I do not know why a club like real Madrid, Barcelona did not go for him ...he should had won champions league, ballon dor. world best player with any of those teams ... Okocha was a good talented player

Football is politics.

The power controlling those 'top European clubs' did not want the WORLD'S OFFICIAL BEST PLAYER AND MIDFIELDER to be a NIGERIAN.

Which is what would have happened if Madrid or Barca had snapped him up from PSG.

Jay Jay went to Bolton because only them offered a wage that REMOTELY approached his talent level.

This was a guy that was BENCHING RONALDINHO.

Teaching and lecturing Ronaldinho in skills.

And then when the scouts from the ''big clubs'' went to PSG, they ignored the genius, and queued up for the student.

And we are saying what?

There was a fckng CONSPIRACY by the so-called 'top clubs' to freeze JAY JAY OKOCHA out of the BIG TIME.

Know this and have sense.

THE MOST SKILFUL FOOTBALLER WHO EVER LIVED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOjif5sGaU&t=576s&ab_channel=FOOTBALLISTA
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by kalvoken(m): 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2023
AgubataAkokwa:

In order to hide his trembling and shaky shaky hands, his doctor advised him to always put up a fist, now he looks like he wants to punch everyone

grin grin grin

Nwanne, ara agbaala gi o.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by femmoy(m): 12:07am On Mar 27, 2023
God1000:
True talk, I still find it difficult to believe that Okocha never won AFCON player of the year despite his remarkable and spectacular performance in our senior national team

But he left us with great memories

Again he retired too early

He retired at about 42years I guess, football agee is a deadly killer among African players

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by leoloi: 7:31am On Mar 27, 2023
hectorayo:
Okocha...
EKELEBE STRIKERRRR !

e dey push them to the curb.
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by SegunBABA007(m): 7:35am On Mar 27, 2023
INTEGRITYA1:
I've heard this from so many people in our locality here, if high level footballer like Ronaldinho can say the same thing; most likely Okacha didn't took best career decision in such scenario.

4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex at Lekki, Lagos Island.

Located at Ologolo.

Price: N90m

Ologolo is just 4 Bus Stop away from Lekki Phase 1 going to Ajah.

ELF, FREEDOM-WAY CHISCO, JANKANDE then OLOGOLO.

Classy and tastefully built in a Serene Environment where value of landed properties are appreciating at a faster rate.

Take advantage of this off plan opportunity and secure affordable luxury now.

For physical Inspection, enquiry and payment details
Call/WhatsApp the attached phone no:

Let me advertise your property for you on my YouTube channel at a very affordable rate
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by naijanaso: 7:42am On Mar 27, 2023
Illuminatiship:

Ah ah! Who make you vex? E no reach like this naa. Take am easy oh. Things tough right now
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by phemmyfour: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
that is why u have to make the most out of Ur prime...

Imagine kaka playing for derby county in 2007
Shevchenko playing for Novara in 2005
Ronaldinho playing for psg in 2005
Ronaldo delima playing for sporting Braga in 2002
Messi playing for Eibar in 2012(tho he's the Eibarman) grin

All these great men wouldn't have reach their potential if dey played for average teams or low teams. Mocha played for lower teach and it's a shame on him...if truly he's talented he should have done better.

To me okocha is skillful and understand football more than kanu, but kanu today is international legend why okocha is the local legend... history will remember kanu more than okocha
You still don't get it. Okocha hit his prime at Bolton. He wasn't hitting the numbers at PSG or Fenerbahce.
You can play in big club without having impact. E.g Torres in Chelsea. Henry was more useful in Arsenal than Barcelona.

Fabregas played his best football in Arsenal and Chelsea than in Barcelona.

Sanchez was insignificant in Man U.

Not all big moves improve player performance

Bolton gave Okocha a higher responsibility which improved his game both for Country and club . Until his move to Bolton, he wasn't purposeful and scoring regularly.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by AgubataAkokwa: 8:28am On Mar 27, 2023
Ballmer:
Will your igbo father live to his age be it real or fake age ?

So you knew he lied about his age and yet you supported him.

Zombie
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by OlawaleBammie: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2023
phemmyfour:
You still don't get it. Okocha hit his prime at Bolton. He wasn't hitting the numbers at PSG or Fenerbahce.
You can play in big club without having impact. E.g Torres in Chelsea. Henry was more useful in Arsenal than Barcelona.

Fabregas played his best football in Arsenal and Chelsea than in Barcelona.

Sanchez was insignificant in Man U.

Not all big moves improve player performance

Bolton gave Okocha a higher responsibility which improved his game both for Country and club . Until his move to Bolton, he wasn't purposeful and scoring regularly.
fabregas played well in arsenal than Chelsea...pls was arsenal an average team when fabregas was there?

Tores flopped in Chelsea, pls why didn't u say Torres flopped in atletico Madrid or Liverpool?

Sanchez was insignificant in manU...ok, but same Sanchez quickly left Udinese when he realised that he was in his prime, and he had to join Barcelona to win some trophies..isn't it?

Alaye, okocha was just afraid of big challenges jooh.. even if he wasn't firing in fenabache or psg, immediately he saw that he's hitting the ground in Bolton he should have know that that is his prime and should have looked for somewhere better to up his potential. A move to intermilan, AC Milan, wouldn't be injurious as we think. He only need to up his game, do less of dribbling but more of assist and see him climb the ladder
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Wainey: 10:05am On Mar 27, 2023
SmartPolician:
Okocha was fun to watch - dude was phenomenal with dribbling and free kicks.

I totally agree with Ronaldinho.

BTW, Nigerian's Super Eagles died when Okocha and Kanu stepped aside for the young generation.
not just Okocha and Kanu, that 96 team was something else
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by xjiggy: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2023
NwaNimo1:
£30,000 Per week was tempting in those days.....

even now, £30,000 a MONTH is over tempting
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Vicker777(m): 10:58am On Mar 27, 2023
shocked.....Now that's what I call the Power of Village People (PVP), I'm not surprised...
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by ViceGovernor: 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
Illuminatiship:
If you say Kanu is more successful than Jay Jay (football wise)
That would be correct but to say he is better than okocha bros you need to stop drinking burukutu and typing rubbish
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Ballmer: 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
As your Igbo father not been directed to go labour to his death in the court over that already.

AgubataAkokwa:

So you knew he lied about his age and yet you supported him.

Zombie
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by LeeSmart: 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
Illuminatiship:
yes bro I am good and how are you? You must be very matured and I like you for that my brother.knowing an educated person is very easy to spot and I commend you for that.thank you once again...
Wlcm bro
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by phemmyfour: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
fabregas played well in arsenal than Chelsea...pls was arsenal an average team when fabregas was there?

Tores flopped in Chelsea, pls why didn't u say Torres flopped in atletico Madrid or Liverpool?

Sanchez was insignificant in manU...ok, but same Sanchez quickly left Udinese when he realised that he was in his prime, and he had to join Barcelona to win some trophies..isn't it?

Alaye, okocha was just afraid of big challenges jooh.. even if he wasn't firing in fenabache or psg, immediately he saw that he's hitting the ground in Bolton he should have know that that is his prime and should have looked for somewhere better to up his potential. A move to intermilan, AC Milan, wouldn't be injurious as we think. He only need to up his game, do less of dribbling but more of assist and see him climb the ladder
You still don't get it. This is not Chelsea vs arsenal issue....kindly read the previous comment. The record for most assist in EPL, he got it in Chelsea shirt, that's not even the issue here. Being a better player isn't a function of playing in a big club. You can be in a big club and underperformed or not even getting numbers. Fabregas output at Arsenal and Chelsea can't be compared to his output at Barcelona.

Yet Barcelona is supposedly greater than the two London clubs.

Henry was second in World best at Arsenal, not Barcelona

Hazard is no longer in top 10, a record he achieved while playing for Chelsea.

Last bullet : You can only call a move a wrong one/a flop, if the player's performance for both club and country drops after the move

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by OlawaleBammie: 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2023
phemmyfour:
You still don't get it. Being a better player isn't a function of playing in a big club. You can be in a big club and underperformed. Fabregas output at Arsenal and Chelsea can't be compared to his output at Barcelona.

Yet Barcelona is supposedly greater than the two London clubs.

Henry was second in World best at Arsenal, not Barcelona

To the issue of fabregas and Henry, as a guy u should be able to differentiate between the prime phase and the diminishing phase.

The days fabregas spent in arsenal if he had spent it in intermilan he would have won the scudetto, Copa Italia, champions League, European super cup and so on...he might even be voted for as the MVP ahead of Wesley sneidjer.

Henry in his prime played for arsenal and won some little laurels.. but if he hard gone to a bigger club like Barcelona,Madrid, Bayern earlier he would be having more personal and teams laurels than his having in his cabinet now...

Wat u will achieve in a big team can not be compared to what u will achieve in a small team.

Take Modric for example, in 2012 he had to forcefully leave totenham, Chelsea was on his case but Madrid (a bigger team) came and went to Spain, normally tins are not expected to be rosy in the beginning but remember it's Ur prime, tins must surely fall in place..by 2013 Modric gained the starter status and till today, 12yrs after he's still on the starting list..not forgetting he even won the balon d'Or, European player and Spanish player in Madrid..he would never have won that in either Chelsea or totenham...never.
Compare him to Harry Kane, he's in totenham now for how many years, tho he's a starter but what is his achievements??... nothing.
Re: Ronaldinho: Okocha Made Football Listen To Him, He Shouldn't Have Gone To Bolton by Nobodysboo(m): 10:26pm On Mar 27, 2023
The LOVE of money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Seychelles: Francis Uzoho Blasted After Goal Blunder (Photos) / Jay-Jay Okocha In Court On Money Laundering Charges In Aberdeen, Scotland / How Sport Bet Ruined And Destroyed Me For 7 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.