Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Which One Should I Choose - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which One Should I Choose (18681 Views)

Which Job Should I Choose In This Harsh Economy, Job A Or Stick To Job B / Which Of These Job Should I Choose? / Which Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which One Should I Choose by ademony(m): 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
2. Internet and IP security.
The supply for 1 is on the high compared to the demand, juniors sweat hard to get jobs. With the rising popularity and adaptation of AI, more of developer roles will be taken care of by AI in the next few decades

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which One Should I Choose by Swealy: 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2023
deewhydoski:
I intend to go for 4 months training in ICT.
I am to choose either of this two
1. Website design and development
2. Internet and IP security
Pls which one should I go for and tell me the reasons. Thanks

I would go with 2 because the long run reward is great but note that it is very hard to break into the networking industry as a novice but with with hard work you will prevail. Also certifications in networking are very expensive

But with web design and development you will have a host of career options from front end, back end and a host of other fields including applications development and it’s fairly easy to get a job because it’s quite easy to get projects done.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Choose by bewla(m): 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
[quote author=deewhydoski post=122080307] I intend to go for 4 months training in ICT.
Pls which one should I go for and tell me the reasons. Thanks[/quoteH The later will do you good some how
Re: Which One Should I Choose by WarrenP: 2:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
deewhydoski:

Na Naija oo

Abeg, where for Naija
Re: Which One Should I Choose by greatseo(m): 2:34pm On Mar 28, 2023
please which IT firm are you looking at because I'm also interest but don't know
any good IT firm to enroll.
Thanks
Re: Which One Should I Choose by Chiiamaka: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2023
Option 2 is futuristic
But option one is not bad as it’s in demand & you can easily earn with it..

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Choose by 2starboy25: 3:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
In this life ehn, anything we do and b4 we do it, our heart chose 1 b4 us and that one ur heart chose b4 u is the right one for u, i knw between the two ur heart chose one already but devil in other hand is telling u to settle for another, don't ever make such a mistake by leaving the one ur heart chose first, gudluck
Re: Which One Should I Choose by eventainment(m): 3:19pm On Mar 28, 2023
deewhydoski:
Go for webdev
Re: Which One Should I Choose by socrates007: 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2023
You need proper understand of option 1 before you can hop unto 2.

If I were to be you I will choose the options as they appear in order.aIf you don't understand the workings or operations of a system you can prevent or secure .
Re: Which One Should I Choose by Dramadiddy(m): 3:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
number 2 is hot cake
Re: Which One Should I Choose by Jokkarm2: 3:28pm On Mar 28, 2023
go for 2
Re: Which One Should I Choose by Daviestunech(m): 3:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
deewhydoski:

Please where do u want to enroll for this,... Because I love to be a part too

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Choose by pman06(m): 3:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
As someone said, don't go for 2 if you are in Africa, because of policies and laws such as GDPR, Nist standards, ISO-27001, PCI-DSS require data handling be domiciled and managed in the respective countries. So doing Cyber security courses in Nigeria with intention to work remotely is in God's hands. And I'm saying this from experience.

I'll go for no 1.

5 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Choose by DonTim1: 3:43pm On Mar 28, 2023
1. Become your own boss and start making money no matter how small before end of your training if you know what you doing
2. End up an employee and you'll have a longer way to go as intelligent systems will even do your work till you become a master.

Bottom line, choose passion... That's what will keep you doing I.T against all odds.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Choose by PixelPlexus: 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2023
SmartPolician:
Start with #2.
When you have gone far in it, you go for #1.
Cybersecurity is critical to internet technology.

That phrase "gone Far" no be here o 😂
Re: Which One Should I Choose by DonTim1: 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
pman06:
As someone said, don't go for 2 if you are in Africa, because of policies and laws such as GDPR, Nist standards, ISO-27001,PCI-DSS require data handling be domiciled and managed in the respective countries. So doing Cyber security courses in Nigeria with intention to work remotely is in God's hands. And I'm saying this from experience.

I'll go for no 1.

This is so not true, those standards apply to organizations processing information / personal information and card payment, how is IP security turned cyber security? It's not even enough to call it a subset.

Those standards are mostly guidelines too ensure information security, this dude is concerned about IP security.

Don't confuse the dude please.

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Choose by Honestfrend: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2023
deewhydoski:

Cyber security is boss anytime any day.. Web design n development is going down.. But u see cyber crime oboy no waist time o..
Re: Which One Should I Choose by FatimaAbubakar(f): 4:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
TheSuperb:

You are lucky. You are getting all these responses and suggestions because this thread made frontpage. These days, Nairalanders only comment or assist people seeking suggestions when the thread makes it to the front page. If it doesn't, they view and ignore it.
I made a post over a week now seeking suggestions on the computer section and it was getting only views with no single suggestions. If it had hit the FP, almost all the people that viewed without commenting would have commented with some even booking space.

It should teach you that everyone wants to associate with a successful person. Failure is an orphan. Nobody recognises you when you are nothing.
Re: Which One Should I Choose by deewhydoski(m): 4:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
Thank you everyone for your contribution
Re: Which One Should I Choose by Exceed15: 5:00pm On Mar 28, 2023
Re: Which One Should I Choose by ucheuzor1(m): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2023
deewhydoski:

If you will take my Advice, learn Microsoft Stack, Maybe .NET or Microsoft Dynamics, or Power Platform. Don't think you will regret it. Web design is Saturated as Bleep.

You can try applying to Tek Experts for a start. There you'll learn while they pay you 150k monthly averagely

2 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Choose by Everbryte: 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2023
The advise I will give you depend on 2 things - 1. Your educational/career background & 2 your plan

If you have an background in ICT Career or Education - Going for #2 will make you a critical resource in ICT space, although there is so much to learn, but in 4 Months, you can start from somewhere and develop further

If you do not IT-related career/education thrn go for number one - if you are focused & serious then you have a side hustle for more money, later top it up with graphic design.

All the best.

deewhydoski:
Re: Which One Should I Choose by cunley(m): 5:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
It depends where you will be getting the training or course..
If it's in Nigeria just make sure you will go for the 2 anyway anyhow
Re: Which One Should I Choose by deewhydoski(m): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
ucheuzor1:

If you will take my Advice, learn Microsoft Stack, Maybe .NET or Microsoft Dynamics, or Power Platform. Don't think you will regret it. Web design is Saturated as Bleep.

You can try applying to Tek Experts for a start. There you'll learn while they pay you 150k monthly averagely
Pls can you tell me more about it

1 Like

Re: Which One Should I Choose by ashraf267(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
deewhydoski:
IMO, I feel Web Design & Dev. is better. After all, you need to be in darkness to see the light... point is, experience the security problems in Web design/development first, so you can better practice and understand the solutions.
Re: Which One Should I Choose by Nobody: 7:02am On Mar 29, 2023
My advice? Go for 1
Every business needs 1, but only the big shots need 2.
Before you get a job with 2, the companies will be demanding you have experience with other big companies, along with professional certifications. No one wants a newbie to handle their security.
With web development, you have more options! Freelancing, jobs - small and big companies are willing to train a learner. You don't need professional certifications and you can work anywhere.

Plus, it's also one of the highest paying jobs in the world, not only Cybersecurity (forget Nigerian companies offering 250k, you can earn N2m monthly remotely when you gain experience).
Re: Which One Should I Choose by pman06(m): 7:23am On Mar 29, 2023
DonTim1:

This is so not true, those standards apply to organizations processing information / personal information and card payment, how is IP security turned cyber security? It's not even enough to call it a subset.

Those standards are mostly guidelines too ensure information security, this dude is concerned about IP security.

Don't confuse the dude please.

Unless you don't know what some of those standards constitutes, IP Sec is part of what, for instance, ISO-27001, expects your organization to cover to be compliant. Invariably a subset of it. Besides ISO standards doesn't only cover Cyber security.

But then again, what do I know.
Re: Which One Should I Choose by DonTim1: 7:50am On Mar 29, 2023
pman06:

Unless you don't know what some of those standards constitutes, IP Sec is part of what, for instance, ISO-27001, expects your organization to cover to be compliant. Invariably a subset of it. Besides ISO standards doesn't only cover Cyber security.

But then again, what do I know.

smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

183 Federal Ministries, Agencies In Massive Illegal Recruitment / How Are You Surviving? / Technical Function Specific Assessment Test [dragnet]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.