Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards (3987 Views)

66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. / Primetime Emmys Awards 2013: Categories, Nominees & Winners / Winners Of The 2011 Golden Globe Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by mitofag: 3:34am On Sep 19, 2011
Lemme know when Hugh Laurie wins something!
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 3:35am On Sep 19, 2011
Ewwww Guy Pearce, gerroff the stage with your nasty mouth!!! cheesy cheesy

He just won For Best Actor in a Mini Series!!
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 3:36am On Sep 19, 2011
mitofag:

Lemme know when Hugh Laurie wins something!

He didn't win. . .the writing was weak last season.

Kyle Chandler won that Category.

Kate Winslet for Outstanding Actress in a Mini Series, she was Guy Pearce's co-star.
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 3:44am On Sep 19, 2011
Guy Pearce's Acceptance Speech cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

“I had a delightful experience working on Mildred Pierce — I got to have sex with Kate Winslet many, many times. I share this with you, you are an outstanding woman, Thank you for allowing me to insert myself into… your worlds on Mildred Pierce and to my wife who allowed me to talk about it every night I came back from work.”
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 3:48am On Sep 19, 2011
Two more freaking Categories to go!! Thank Goodness!!

Yipeeeee!! Mad men for Outstanding Drama Series!!!!

This is the fourth year in a row Mad Men has won this category.
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by mitofag: 3:48am On Sep 19, 2011
Laurie doesnt write, he only acts.

Anymore nomination?

What about grey's anatomy crew? Anyone nominated for anything?
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 3:52am On Sep 19, 2011
mitofag:

Laurie doesnt write, he only acts.

Anymore nomination?

What about grey's anatomy crew? Anyone nominated for anything?
Hie performance was weak this year because the writing was weak.

Grey's Anatomy? Dude, this isn't 2007! cheesy cheesy
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by mitofag: 3:54am On Sep 19, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Hie performance was weak this year because the writing was weak.

Grey's Anatomy? Dude, this isn't 2007! cheesy cheesy

No new episodes for greys anatomy?

I thought they were still going on? Hmmm, thanks!
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 3:56am On Sep 19, 2011
Gwyneth Paltrow Presenting Outstanding Comedy Series. . .The last one (Thank Goodness)

Modern Family!!!!!!

That's FOUR EMMYS for Modern Family!!

They also won the category last year.

Co-creator of the show Levitan ended his acceptance speech with an anecdote about a g/a/y couple who told him, “You don’t just make people laugh, you make them more tolerant.” Levitan agreed. “We do think that there is nothing wrong about a long and committed relationship between….an old man and a hot young woman,” a reference to the show’s couple Ed O’Neill-Sofia Vergara. “Looking at you tonight I see many of you agree.” And that was the end of the show. (Sisi says. . .GMAFB!!! )

And we're OUT!!!
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 4:00am On Sep 19, 2011
mitofag:

No new episodes for greys anatomy?

I thought they were still going on? Hmmm, thanks!

No, they are still on but puh-lease their time for Emmys noms and wins is so over!!

Next time they should just mail the awards to the winners and spare us this torture.

I know, I know no one is forced me to watch it but the thing is. . .I don't have self control! If it's on, I gotta watch! cry

That's madness, yes? cheesy
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 4:21am On Sep 19, 2011
The verdict is still out on Jane Lynch's host performance. Will keep you posted. . .not that I think you guys care (I know I don't) just figure it's something that should be talked about coz everyone will be talking about it cheesy
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by SisiKill1: 4:44am On Sep 19, 2011
Fun Tidbits - Alec Baldwin was cut from the show by the network because he had a joke about the News Corp Phone Hacking Scandal.

Back Story. . . FOX Network is owned by Rupert Murdoch who also owns. . .owned The now defunct News of the World, a tabloid brought up for charged of invasion of privacy. So much for freedom of speech, eh?
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by buzcenter: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2011
interesting.
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by showstopa: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2011
Which Comedy is called Big Slam abeg, is it Big Bang?
Re: Live Blogging Of The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards by showstopa: 1:00pm On Sep 19, 2011
B.A.N.G Theory, Oh I see, spambots grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Swing And A Miss: Half Of A Yellow Sun / ONTV Is Now On DSTV (channel 257) / The Johnsons-producers Run Out Of Ideas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.