Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,769 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter (747 Views)

Ghanian And Nigerian Jollof Recipe Combined / I Love Ghanian Food / Ghanian Restaurant In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by meedoLock(m): 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
If you think you ve seen it allšŸ˜. Just came across this hilarious conservative food banter by Nigerians and Ghanians on Twitter.

but they had an equal measured replies from some Nigerians on board. grin grin angry

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by meedoLock(m): 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
meedoLock:
If you think you ve seen it allšŸ˜. Just came across this hilarious conservative food banter by Nigerians and Ghanians on Twitter.

but they had an equal measured replies from some Nigerians on board. grin grin angry

The last picture for me, dude must be an herbalist to know how Nigerian sacrifices look like grin
Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by mariahAngel(f): 9:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
How dare they yab yam and oil!? Is yam banku's mate? šŸ˜‚
A whole food for the elders!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by Apus: 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
That Ghanian food in the last picture is actually rich. Forget Nigerian sacrifice I go chop am grin grin

I love proteins.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by ahnie: 10:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
Respect yam and red oyel,lord lugard dey craze for this food.

If na lie,asked Usman Dan fodio

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by meedoLock(m): 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
mariahAngel:
How dare they yab yam and oil!? Is yam banku's mate? šŸ˜‚
A whole food for the elders!

I tire o grin, who no dey chop yam for this life? Maybe not with palm oil sha
Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by meedoLock(m): 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
Apus:
That Ghanian food in the last picture is actually rich. Forget Nigerian sacrifice I go chop am grin grin

I love proteins.

Bro u don chop am before, tell us abt it na smiley
Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by meedoLock(m): 11:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
ahnie:
Respect yam and red oyel,lord lugard dey craze for this food.

If na lie,asked Usman Dan fodio

Abegi, wetin concern the dead Lord Lugard for yam and oyel matter

Abi u dey joke?

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by brain54(m): 1:50pm On Mar 28, 2023
Na wah oā€¦

Them dey count bird butterfly come out say make them count am join.

Them dey talk about food Ghanaians come out Dey beat chestā€¦

Ghanaians suppose go hide under bed then use blanket cover themselves when anything food talk come up.

They no get wetin to contribute for that talk Abeg!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by mariahAngel(f): 2:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
brain54:
Na wah oā€¦

Them dey count bird butterfly come out say make them count am join.

Them dey talk about food Ghanaians come out Dey beat chestā€¦

Ghanaians suppose go hide under bed then use blanket cover themselves when anything food talk come up.

They no get wetin to contribute for that talk Abeg!

Hahahahahahahaha

When I saw the thread, I wondered what your opinion would be. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by brain54(m): 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahaha

When I saw the thread, I wondered what your opinion would be. cheesy
Funny I am getting used to their foodā€¦

Who would have thought? I now eat banku and pepper like say them born me for Ghana. Lol!

The other day I ate banku and fried eggsā€¦ anything I see here I chop. (Na one Kenyan friend I meet recently dey even give me hope with some Kenyan dishes when she dey cook)

I cook some of their food at times. But give it a creative spin. They ainā€™t creative with making food at all. Food is always boring. Lol.

They like to compete with Nigeria in everything even when itā€™s obvious we no be their mate. Just the other day one who did not know his place was telling me Ghana has more food than Nigeriaā€¦ I just looked at him and asked him to name 3 Ghanaian soups apart from their ā€˜water-water ā€˜ groundnut soup and palm nut soup and he could not come up with any.

When I can name like 50 Nigerian soups off the top of my ā€˜hairā€™. I just no blame am sha. Na pickin wen never commot him papa compound go say na him father compound naim big pass.

Apart from banku, kenke and konkote and those two boring soup I no know wetin them Dey chop here again- okay washe.

I heard one guy even say banku is the best food. Who go say him mama soup no sweet? I donā€™t even argue with them because they are so emotional and will start taking it personal.

Reminds me of when a colleague came around to visit with his family. It was one of the holidays so he went out with his family and decided to visit. Only for him to say they got me some food from the eatery (KFC) the wife went to the car and brought out a well packaged food bag. Just sighting the bag I was even salivating. After they left I opened the ā€˜pandoraā€™s boxā€™ and saw banku and pepper. With sliced onions to garnish it and meat.

Habaā€¦ person go fast food go buy pepper and banku to celebrate? No be say I no appreciate am oā€¦ but people go to fast foods to get a different taste from the usual meal na. I still ate it sha.

But seriously they canā€™t compete or compare with Nigeria when it comes to meals. They have limited options. Nigeria is blessed o. But we donā€™t know it. Food is also cheaper in Nigeria.

Make I stop here make my finger no crack. I don too type today!

Ps: M.A where you banned? I saw a comment saying something like thatā€¦ if yes who ban you make I give am a piece of my mind!
angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by mariahAngel(f): 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2023
brain54:

Funny I am getting used to their foodā€¦

Who would have thought? I now eat banku and pepper like say them born me for Ghana. Lol!

The other day I ate banku and fried eggsā€¦ anything I see here I chop. (Na one Kenyan friend I meet recently dey even give me hope with some Kenyan dishes when she dey cook)

I cook some of their food at times. But give it a creative spin. They ainā€™t creative with making food at all. Food is always boring. Lol.

They like to compete with Nigeria in everything even when itā€™s obvious we no be their mate. Just the other day one who did not know his place was telling me Ghana has more food than Nigeriaā€¦ I just looked at him and asked him to name 3 Ghanaian soups apart from their ā€˜water-water ā€˜ groundnut soup and palm nut soup and he could not come up with any.

When I can name like 50 Nigerian soups off the top of my ā€˜hairā€™. I just no blame am sha. Na pickin wen never commot him papa compound go say na him father compound naim big pass.

Apart from banku, kenke and konkote and those two boring soup I no know wetin them Dey chop here again- okay washe.

I heard one guy even say banku is the best food. Who go say him mama soup no sweet? I donā€™t even argue with them because they are so emotional and will start taking it personal.

Reminds me of when a colleague came around to visit with his family. It was one of the holidays so he went out with his family and decided to visit. Only for him to say they got me some food from the eatery (KFC) the wife went to the car and brought out a well packaged food bag. Just sighting the bag I was even salivating. After they left I opened the ā€˜pandoraā€™s boxā€™ and saw banku and pepper. With sliced onions to garnish it and meat.

Habaā€¦ person go fast food go buy pepper and banku to celebrate? No be say I no appreciate am oā€¦ but people go to fast foods to get a different taste from the usual meal na. I still ate it sha.

But seriously they canā€™t compete or compare with Nigeria when it comes to meals. They have limited options. Nigeria is blessed o. But we donā€™t know it. Food is also cheaper in Nigeria.

Make I stop here make my finger no crack. I don too type today!

Hahahahahahaha
This was so funny. šŸ˜€

Like I've stated before; whenever I try to follow Ghanaian food bloggers on Instagram, I always change my mind because most of their meals are visually uninspiring.
I sometimes get inspiration to create a recipe, just by seeing a food picture, but theirs just do not do it for me.

What is the difference between kenkey and banku?

Ps: M.A where you banned? I saw a comment saying something like thatā€¦ if yes who ban you make I give am a piece of my mind!
angry

No, I wasn't.
Thank you for your concern. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by brain54(m): 6:37pm On Mar 28, 2023
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahaha
This was so funny. šŸ˜€

Like I've stated before; whenever I try to follow Ghanaian food bloggers on Instagram, I always change my mind because most of their meals are visually uninspiring.
I sometimes get inspiration to create a recipe, just by seeing a food picture, but theirs just do not do it for me.

What is the difference between kenkey and banku?

No, I wasn't.
Thank you for your concern. smiley
Very uninspiring and boring indeedā€¦

Their creativity is adding garden eggs whole and unblended pepper to meals. You would actually see the garden eggs and pepper floating on top of the soup. The taste too is blandā€¦ most prefer not to use spices.

Kenke and banku are both made from maize. The difference is in the preparation. Kenke making is similar to the preparation of ā€œ ogiā€ or ā€œekoā€. They soak in water for about 3 days. Cook a bit then wrap with leaves and re- cook. Moi moi style.
Banku is similar to the way semovita is made only a bit of cassava dough is added to it. ( the cassava specie they have here is less toxic and can even be eaten raw)

If you need inspiration just look else where. Not Ghanaian dishes!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by mariahAngel(f): 7:04pm On Mar 28, 2023
brain54:

Very uninspiring and boring indeedā€¦

Their creativity is adding garden eggs whole and unblended pepper to meals. You would actually see the garden eggs and pepper floating on top of the soup. The taste too is blandā€¦ most prefer not to use spices.

Kenke and banku are both made from maize. The difference is in the preparation. Kenke making is similar to the preparation of ā€œ ogiā€ or ā€œekoā€. They soak in water for about 3 days. Cook a bit then wrap with leaves and re- cook. Moi moi style.
Banku is similar to the way semovita is made only a bit of cassava dough is added to it. ( the cassava specie they have here is less toxic and can even be eaten raw)

If you need inspiration just look else where. Not Ghanaian dishes!

Hahahahahaha šŸ˜€

Thank you for the explanation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Ghanian Food Banter by brain54(m): 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2023
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahaha šŸ˜€

Thank you for the explanation.
Welcomeā€¦

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Contaminated Food Kills 500 People / Naija Cooks, Pls I Need Ur Help / A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.