Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend (1128 Views)

Help Find My Childhood Friend. / My Childhood Friend, Spiritual Guide Told Me My Mother-In-Law Is A Witch / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Deeprooted: 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
We were inseparable while in primary school. However, everything began to take a different dimension when went to Secondary School. He was an art student while I was a Business student.

During break time we would go to canteen together until after secondary School. I got admitted to a university while he was still struggling with JAMB. I made sure I kept in posted of all the happenings on campus. I noticed this began to brew jealousy so I don't talk about campus life when we are together. He later go admitted into a state owned polytechnic which was never his dream.

That was how our friendship 'fainted'.
Late last year (2022) he lost his mum and I was out of the country for an official assignment. When I got the information,I reached out to him. This is how we got back together. He understood why I couldn't make it to the burial but I made sure I do the little I could. Guess what?
Though in different town but now we are back together, reminiscing about the good old days in the primary school. I value our friendship so much that I am glad to have him back. I informed him that he would be my best man during my wedding and he is so excited about it.
Moral of the story: Let go of pride and reconnect with your childhood friends. The love is pure.

4 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
I’m still in touch with my childhood friend, we be kpadi for life. She understands me so much and always tell me I have a pure soul in a crazy way grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by falcon01: 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
I'm one of those people who have always been alone, the moment I leave the school and environement I also leave the people and they become memories, I don't put effort to reach out infact if I see someone I know, I hide as long as they don't see me.

2 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
falcon01:
I'm one of those people who have always been alone, the moment I leave the school and environement I also leave the people and they become memories, I don't put effort to reach out infact if I see someone I know, I hide as long as they don't see me.
why do you hide from them ?

2 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Mermaid123: 11:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Wow u must really love them to want to reconnect with them

4 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Strawberries97: 11:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
Wow… you two must be really reconnecting as friends again after years.
I had a childhood friend from primary one days, people used to refer to us as aki and porpor. We were so close, like sisters. We did almost everything together, from school to home. Our teachers would always ask her about me or me about her. I was the calm, easy-going intelligent but timid one and she was the extroverted sassy and confident one. Unfortunately, after several years, we are no more friends. We are not enemies but we are not friends and I particularly have made sure of that.

I wish you all the best in your rekindled friendship, OP.

2 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Dindondin(m): 12:04am On Mar 27, 2023
Deeprooted:
We were inseparable while in primary school. However, everything began to take a different dimension when went to Secondary School. He was an art student while I was a Business student.

During break time we would go to canteen together until after secondary School. I got admitted to a university while he was still struggling with JAMB. I made sure I kept in posted of all the happenings on campus. I noticed this began to brew jealousy so I don't talk about campus life when we are together. He later go admitted into a state owned polytechnic which was never his dream.

Late last year (2022) he lost his mum and I was out of the country for an official assignment. When I got the information,I reached out to him. This is how we got back together. He understood why I couldn't make it to the burial but I made sure I do the little I could. Guess what?
Though in different town but now we are back together, reminiscing about the good old days in the primary school. I value our friendship so much that I am glad to have him back. I informed him that he would be my best man during my wedding and he is so excited about it.
Moral of the story: Let go of pride and reconnect with your childhood friends. The love is pure.
Hope you are financially stable to assist him to healthy financial state in case you met him at the lower pyramid cos that jealousy no go end if he no get money.
Also, some old pals are terrible. So be watchful as you reunite. It's good to connect back to roots but you just have to be careful. Your mind may be healthy but others have filthy minds. What pains most is when we get betrayed by our blood, kins or friends.

2 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by muyico(m): 3:36am On Mar 27, 2023
Op? Edit ur update post? "even kins were guilty"

1 Like

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by EriMma1: 6:14am On Mar 27, 2023
I dont like reconnecting with my past. Even my former neighbors know me say if you see me go dey form former neighbor tinz, I'll walk past you like I never met you before. E get why.

I do see some of my old class mates from way back on Facebook, I don't hi them. if anyone tries to connect and I manage reply, that's the end.

There was a day I saw a classmate at balogun market, I just walked past her. She was looking at me like is this not so so person, me I just keep a straight face. Many of them like that. Especially those bonicamp girls we schooled together, so local.

3 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Deeprooted: 6:39am On Mar 27, 2023
falcon01:

Why do you do that boss? Abi u been snatch person babe grin
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Deeprooted: 6:39am On Mar 27, 2023
muyico:
Op? Edit ur update post? "even kins were guilty"

Noted boss!
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Deeprooted: 6:40am On Mar 27, 2023
Strawberries97:
Wow… you two must be really reconnecting as friends again after years.
I had a childhood friend from primary one days, people used to refer to us as aki and porpor. We were so close, like sisters. We did almost everything together, from school to home. Our teachers would always ask her about me or me about her. I was the calm, easy-going intelligent but timid one and she was the extroverted sassy and confident one. Unfortunately, after several years, we are no more friends. We are not enemies but we are not friends and I particularly have made sure of that.

I wish you all the best in your rekindled friendship, OP.
I love the idea that you guys are not enemies

1 Like

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Deeprooted: 6:45am On Mar 27, 2023
EriMma1:
I dont like reconnecting with my past. Even my former neighbors know me say if you see me go dey form former neighbor tinz, I'll walk past you like I never met you before. E get why.

I do see some of my old class mates from way back on Facebook, I don't hi them. if anyone tries to connect and I manage reply, that's the end.

I I reminded me my neighbors. Him no dey send anybody at all.

He really got close to other neighbors when his company was downsizing and more than a thousand people lost their job. To the glory of God, he was not affected. But that fear got him close to people. He claims busy busy so much prior to the time.

There was a day I saw a classmate at balogun market, I just walked past her. She was looking at me like is this not so so person, me I just put a straight face. Many of them like that. Especially those bonicamp girls we schooled together, so local.
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 27, 2023
That's awesome

1 Like

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Deeprooted: 8:18am On Mar 27, 2023
Dindondin:

Hope you are financially stable to assist him to healthy financial state in case you met him at the lower pyramid cos that jealousy no go end if he no get money.
Also, some old pals are terrible. So be watchful as you reunite. It's good to connect back to roots but you just have to be careful. Your mind may be healthy but others have filthy minds. What pains most is when we get betrayed by our blood, kins or friends.

Trusting God to take him along
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by falcon01: 8:21am On Mar 27, 2023
Deeprooted:

Why do you do that boss? Abi u been snatch person babe grin
No o, I don't even know why I do what I do 🥲

1 Like

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by falcon01: 8:22am On Mar 27, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
why do you hide from them ?
force of habit. I thought if I grow older I'll stop it, but the older I get the more I love it.
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 27, 2023
falcon01:
force of habit. I thought if I grow older I'll stop it, but the older I get the more I love it.
It means you are an extreme introvert

2 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by LongBigg: 10:06am On Mar 27, 2023
Deeprooted:

Wrong move! Abort the mission! You are about to witness the highest form of jealousy if you are doing better than him in life or vice versa!! It’s been a long years he might have meet up with some bad people who might have corrupted him badly and that will definitely affect you! Move with people in your class forget about this childhood shit! Help him but don’t draw them closer

2 Likes

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by falcon01: 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
It means you are an extreme introvert
I guess so
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
falcon01:
I guess so
Which part of Nigeria do you reside?
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by juman(m): 4:00pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hope he is not an armed robber or kidnapper.
A person you have not seen for a period of time you cant say exactly what he can do.

1 Like

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Deeprooted: 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
juman:
Hope he is not an armed robber or kidnapper.
A person you have not seen for a period of time you cant say exactly what he can do.
I believe he is not
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by falcon01: 5:32pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Which part of Nigeria do you reside?
Does my Geographical Location has anything to do with it?
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 27, 2023
falcon01:
Does my Geographical Location has anything to do with it?
Yes, it may contribute to your awkward way of social life

1 Like

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by falcon01: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Yes, it may contribute to your awkward way of social life
lol well I've stayed on every region of Nigerian and currently is in the middle.
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
falcon01:
lol well I've stayed on every region of Nigerian and currently is in the middle.
Abuja?
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by falcon01: 9:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Abuja?
yup
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2023
falcon01:
yup
Abuja is a lively place and I think you should explore. So many places to visit and unwind
Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by falcon01: 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Abuja is a lively place and I think you should explore. So many places to visit and unwind
Thanks 😊 The Great.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Reconnected With My Primary School (childhood) Friend by ByeByeToSapa1: 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2023
Unfortunately i lost one of my childhood best friend. We do almost everything together lol. Continue to rest in peace osahon

(1) (Reply)

Help My Wife Is Running Me Mad / What Will You Do If You Catch Your Lanlord With Your Wife Red-handed? / Why Is It That We Realize our Mistake When It Almost Late Or Too Late?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.