Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Please Feel Free To Share Your #experience So Others Can Learn From You. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Feel Free To Share Your #experience So Others Can Learn From You. (257 Views)

Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience / N-Power Registration 2020: Share Your Experience / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Feel Free To Share Your #experience So Others Can Learn From You. by Rubyjade: 3:50pm On Mar 27, 2023
Quiet Promotion

Organization 1
Tobe: Soliloquizing, “My company moved into a new product line and despite being moved to head this division in addition to my present role, I wasn’t even given any additional perks or benefits to motivate me. I didn’t have the needed experience but I had to quickly brace up to meet expectations”. No formal letter of redeployment, promotion or additional work scope.

Organization 2
Yemi: “This isn’t fair at all, I can’t take this anymore. Why is the MD so hard and seems not to understand my pain. How can they saddle me with both audit and admin roles without any salary increase or change in job title letter after 1 year? “

Organization 3
Toju: “ Bimpe and Denis were asked to handover to me when they resigned to go for schooling in UK. No salary increase! no bonus! no nothing! no promotion after 12 months. I can’t continue. I can’t be doing 3 people’s role”.

Are you familiar with this scenarios?

it is called Quiet Promotion. It is when an employee’s job responsibilities or scope is increased without any formal promotion or notification taking place.

The employee is saddled with so much, beyond their capabilities sometimes, that they need to quickly learn the ropes and often go through stress and burn-out.

It is usually as a result of redundancy, tight economic condition, resignation without immediate replacement and diversification into another or additional product/service lines.

Due to economic tightening, most organizations are not in a hurry to quickly replace exiting employees thus this scenario is becoming more prevalent. Are you unfortunately caught in this web? You are not alone.

Dear Employers,

Quiet promotion if improperly communicated and managed effectively with job responsibilities and expectations aligning, it may result in the following:

👉🏽Bitterness
👉🏽Disengaged workforce
👉🏽High turnover
👉🏽Low productivity
👉🏽Mental stress and burn-out
👉🏽Absenteeism

Therefore, please ensure that this comes with the following:

👉🏽Short term arrangement otherwise formalise the role with more pay.
👉🏽Pay raise
👉🏽Promotion
👉🏽Fair compensation

To the employees, it is period of growth and upskilling. Have a one-on-one discussion with your immediate supervisor and document this in a formal letter.

It would be a disservice if this continues for more than 3-6 months. Let’s do the right thing and give right value.

Please feel free to share your #experience so others can learn from you. What is your take?
Re: Please Feel Free To Share Your #experience So Others Can Learn From You. by Pojomojo: 2:55pm On May 21, 2023
wink
Re: Please Feel Free To Share Your #experience So Others Can Learn From You. by Rubyjade: 7:11am On May 24, 2023
cry

(1) (Reply)

Event Planner / Student Recruitment Officer (port Harcourt) / Job Vacancy For The Position Of A Head Teacher At Magboro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.