Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? (16187 Views)

Who Knows About Or Have Worked With This Company? / Have You Ever Worked Where You Had To Submit Your Phone Before Resuming / Have You Worked In A Family Owned Business? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Draslo(m): 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2023
Nothing dey there really. Everyone dream of owning a family business. Being an employee isn't very great generally until you own your own business

1 Like

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by ecolime(m): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2023
VBCampaign:
I worked with The Bamgboses, owners of Educational Advancement Center (EAC), Ibadan, between 2008 and 2010. Husband and wife bosses of the school. Theres was not heaven on earth, but they had a synergy that made the organization work. The man was visionary. The woman was an executor. They used the same office. It is something I doubt my wife and I can do bc it is quite rare to have couples work so well together. Looking back now, I must commend the Bamgboses for a job well done and it is not a surprise that EAC is still a leading A level center in Nigeria today.
Mr Bamgbose, is that you?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by aycorporat(m): 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
I worked with one at Awoyaya in Lagos here. Madam was the most wonderful person to work with, but Oga was the opposite.
Sometime, I am struck who to answer to.
Las las, business folds up because of Oga's too much wahala. This woman is a personality with a touch of gold as anything she touches turns to gold. I learnt she has started afresh elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by kelspinall(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
una de try ooo..i no fit
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Hitwe99: 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
[quote author=Truthsoldier post=122127768] Yesterday I was discussing with a friend and one of the issues he raised was of employer and employee squabbles and differences he is currently facing in his place of work,because of conflict with his boss wife.

I had to remember my encounter in one of the places I once worked as a tutor then,the man was in charge and he was almost running everything in that school,no duplication of offices,his wife was also this kind of person that gets uncomfortable when someone brings up opinions, she counters it and tries to talk to staff as kids,I had to leave that place,to save my sanity.

For my friend he had similar complaint too, I don't know for sure but how do you see that.

Most especially when the outfit is being owned by both couples and both working in the same place with employees?[/quot

A PRIVATE SCHOOL LOCATED AT LAGOS?
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by VBCampaign: 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
ecolime:

No. I worked for the Bamgboses years back
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by BRATISLAVA: 2:14pm On Mar 29, 2023
Juniorangel:
Not a good experience at all. My madam always has the final say but Oga will be doing like he is the one in charge once him enter office madam go codedly give am instructions on what to do and will just be quiet as if she doesn't know what is going on, very manipulative woman.

If he listens to his wife who has better business sense than he does, it means she is very a manipulative woman. But if she listens to him, is he certifiably a very manipulative man?

May God save the logical gender on this forum and beyond.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Eboski(m): 2:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
ecolime:

I wanted to ask the same question. Husband and wife in the same organization as co-oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Yustash001(m): 2:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
Where I work currently, there are two sets of couples. The head teacher and his wife , the H.O.D and his wife.

This is really affecting the work output. Sometimes the H.O.D and his wife will even come late to work.

As for the head teacher, he tries as much as possible to strike balance, even though there are still some lapses.

By and large,the best is to avoid it so as to prevent reduction in productivity.

1 Like

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Kobicove(m): 3:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
Juniorangel:
Not a good experience at all. My madam always has the final say but Oga will be doing like he is the one in charge once him enter office madam go codedly give am instructions on what to do and will just be quiet as if she doesn't know what is going on, very manipulative woman.

grin
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Kalapizim(m): 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
My babe works in a diffrent department from me in the same organisation, we manage it well but sometimes ehnnn

you know women and their occasional trantrums, there is this co worker she keeps teasing me about that i had to limit communications because i didnt want trouble.

1 Like

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Chizzychinny: 5:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
My boss and his wife are nice. If you're a novice won't even know they're couple, free access to both of them. Even when there's a celebration, we make/cook together joyfully.
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by doggedfighter(f): 7:23pm On Mar 29, 2023
VBCampaign:
I worked with The Bamgboses, owners of Educational Advancement Center (EAC), Ibadan, between 2008 and 2010. Husband and wife bosses of the school. Theres was not heaven on earth, but they had a synergy that made the organization work. The man was visionary. The woman was an executor. They used the same office. It is something I doubt my wife and I can do bc it is quite rare to have couples work so well together. Looking back now, I must commend the Bamgboses for a job well done and it is not a surprise that EAC is still a leading A level center in Nigeria today.

Mr Bamgbose , well done ooo

Nice advert. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by pocohantas(f): 7:35pm On Mar 29, 2023
doggedfighter:

Nice advert. grin

You ehn!!!

1 Like

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Berrityga: 9:39am On Mar 30, 2023
I was offered a big role and huge pay in a company last year. I wanted to leave my job and resume that one, but when the man told me his wife also comes around time to time I decided not to take the job. I can never work for couple. My current boss is a lady her husband doesn't interfere in her business and I love it
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by aalangel(f): 9:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
Truthsoldier:
Yesterday I was discussing with a friend and one of the issues he raised was of employer and employee squabbles and differences he is currently facing in his place of work,because of conflict with his boss wife.

I had to remember my encounter in one of the places I once worked as a tutor then,the man was in charge and he was almost running everything in that school,no duplication of offices,his wife was also this kind of person that gets uncomfortable when someone brings up opinions, she counters it and tries to talk to staff as kids,I had to leave that place,to save my sanity.

For my friend he had similar complaint too, I don't know for sure but how do you see that.

Most especially when the outfit is being owned by both couples and both working in the same place with employees?

We have one in our office presently.
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by VBCampaign: 9:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
doggedfighter:

Nice advert. grin

This is not Mr. Bamgbose and yes it is free advert

1 Like

Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by GreaterFuture(m): 7:13am On Mar 31, 2023
doggedfighter:

Nice advert. grin
The way him Describe am, no Be so e dey Abi?
Re: Have You Worked In The Same Place With A Married Couple? by Pojomojo: 7:37am On Feb 28
b3llo:
Working under husband and wife isn't funny especially if they are your boss or own the business.
Why?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exxon Mobil Internship / So I Got A Job / N-power Is Not For Extra Income(a Passionate Appeal To All Applicants)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.