Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,552 members, 7,812,762 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy (1507 Views)

I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters / Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by afrobaby(f): 11:49am On Sep 19, 2011
Sorted
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by Seun(m): 12:06pm On Sep 19, 2011
You can use the role to develop yourself. Start your own project; suggest some ideas to your boss.
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by afrobaby(f): 12:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
thx for ur response.
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by yamakuza: 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2011
Sounds like a catch22, almost.

The pay can break the tie in this case.

If its above 100k (or even 60k) monthly, you might want to keep the job and attend schools like Aptech on weekends, while you read online and practise in the office.

Get a few certifications, and apply for better jobs. Secure one, then switch.

Places like jidaw, kitts and ttcmobile provide intensive hands on training at a price and time that will suit u.

If the pay is below 50k, u might not be able to work and study so a job that provides on the job training might suit you better.

Not many of them around, but i hope you can work, study, certify and then redeploy to your head office or another firm.
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by yamakuza: 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2011
You might want to start learning java when you get to the office tomorrow.

Google is a good place to start.
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by vacancy2(f): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2011
@OP, what IT related functions do you want? There are different openings at different times for IT personnel in different fields such as web designer, database manager, Project manager, system analyst etc. Tell me what your competencies are and I may be able to help you get something.
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by afrobaby(f): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2011
@yamakuza, thx so much, i am learning Vb for now
@vacancy2, I design website, I have little networking skills ie manage a local area network, resource sharing in a network , I will love to be a system/network administrator. I will appreciate if u can assist .
Thx
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by vacancy2(f): 9:08am On Sep 21, 2011
Ok afrobaby, hang in there, as soon as something comes along, I will let you know.
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by yamakuza: 12:51pm On Sep 21, 2011
When i saw 'little networking skills' , took it to mean u wanted to develop urself or learn more in that area. My bad.

Appears what you need now is a place you can hone or apply what you know.

With the way broadband has come down to dongles and wireless, very few cable pulling spots out there.

Swift, Linkserve or other ISPs maybe? Or an inhouse NetAdmin in a nontechy firm?

Would have said you should take on side gigs, but then who would answer the calls?

If interested, check post #9 here:

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-735428.0.html
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2011
Afrobaby,

How many years experience do you have?
I know a company in Lagos is recruiting for IT personnel.

You can send me your CV so I can forward directly to a staff in the coy or you can search on www . naija hotjobs. com for the IT vacancy and apply.

My email is in my signature.
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by dianneshin(f): 3:11am On Sep 22, 2011
hello, I'm dianne shin Most recently from Utah, originally from Lincoln and grew up there.

I have an awesome free time,I love all four seasons , specially the winter and snow!

Networking has been a part of my life for the last 7 years and most recently primarily on the Web.

I cannot resist to learn.

With the economy as tough as it is right now, more and more people are seeking advice from people who have walked the walk and can teach others how to benefit from what they went through. Just ask if you need to know something from me.

I am a retired manager in the field of Science time management.

Learning about new things is one of my passions.

I volunteer for valid causes that help children.

Glad to be a part of this awesome venue and Will learn something new here.
Re: Help, My Job Is Making Me Go Crazy by Toyatc: 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2011
Hi Dianneshin, i would really love to ask you some question in line with a career in networking and IT generally. Please can you drop your mail id here so that i can send you a mail or you better still, you can do me a mail through tochukwu.e@gmail.com. Thanks as i would greatly appreciate the help.

(1) (Reply)

International Certification Training In Warri / 10 Things You Can Learn In Five Minute That Would Be Useful In Future / Bsc Dialysis Technology Or Msc Public Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.