Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,725 members, 7,862,321 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:53 PM

INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It (918 Views)

Polls: Anti-tinubu Protesters Ground Abuja, Demand Interim Govt, Fresh Polls / Protesters Call For Interim Govt, Want INEC Chairman Arrested / Video Of People Burning Brooms Did Not Happen In Nigeria But Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by SojWORLDWIDE(m): 12:29am On Mar 29, 2023
THE National Coordinator of South West Agenda for Asiwaju (SWAGA), Senator Dayo Adeyeye said calls for inauguration of interim government in the country were geared towards possible anarchy, and all stakeholders in the nation’s democratic journey must reject the suggestion.

Adeyeye said all lovers of democracy in the country will oppose constitution of any interim government ahead of the May 29 presidential inauguration.

The former senator and minister of state for works stated this in Abuja on Tuesday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

SWAGA was one of the foremost support groups which campaigned for the election of Sen. Bola Tinubu, the President-elect.

Adeyeye cautioned those calling for an interim government as a way of placating the grievances of certain politicians following the outcome of the February 25 Presidential Election.

He said that in every election there must be a winner and loser, and that Nigerian politicians must develop the spirit of sportsmanship in their electoral contests rather than threatening national peace and unity at every opportunity.

“I am not saying the elections are perfect, but from the point of view of INEC and point of view of any objective Nigerian, these elections are very good and transparent, making it the best ever to be conducted since 1999.

“I want to appeal to all Nigerians to disregard the noise making of these people who want to create anarchy and that Nigerians should begin to reason and desist from fake prophecies.

“I saw a video and I think this is what is propelling the so-called “Obidients”. A fake pastor was saying that yes, Tinubu will be declared winner but he would not be sworn in. And an interim government would be formed and the government will give it to Peter Obi.

“And I Dayo Adeyeye will be a citizen of this country and allow that to happen? It is not going to happen. We will join forces with others to oppose it.”

He further cautioned that those nursing such an ambition are capable of destroying the country and tear it apart.

“You want to destroy the country, you want to tear it apart and say bye bye to Nigeria? Some of us who are patriotic citizens of this country will not allow that to happen.

“Would I have voted my candidate and he emerged and he was declared and you will now say no, you are looking for an interim government? On what ground are you looking for that?

“What will be the legitimacy of that interim government? Who voted the interim government and who constitutes the interim government? On what mandate will the interim government be constituted and who and who will be members? These are the big questions to ask.

“Millions of Nigerians have exercised their civil rights and a winner has emerged. Well, you may not like the person. That’s the beauty of democracy.

‘I want to say that interim government will never happen again in this country. Some of us who fought for NADECO will not allow it. In the case of June 12, 1993, the results were not even declared.

“But in this case, the results have been declared, we have a President-elect. May 29 is around the corner and a new president would be sworn in.

“Anything short of that means you are asking for Nigeria to come to an end. Therefore, those calling for an interim government should go and bury the thought. It will never happen.

“Elections are over now and I have been waiting for the past four weeks for any of the opposition political parties to come out with their own version of results apart from what INEC uploaded, nobody has come up with anything other than shouting that they’ve been rigged.

“That’s the proof of rigging. Yes, you can say from our agents these are the numbers of votes given to us by our agents and these are the figures uploaded by INEC. We’ve not seen such claim by anyone yet.

“Instead, they’ve been spreading hatred, trying to create anarchy and cast aspersions on the integrity of the INEC.

“They have been creating impressions not only within the country but in the international community that the election was anything but free, fair and transparent, without any proof, without any evidence and any alternative results they can present anywhere,” he said.

Adeyeye further said that, ” now they have gone to court, good let them go and prove their cases in court. But for you to be demonstrating everyday and going to foreign embassies in Nigeria that your elections were rigged; I will never agree with that.”

He, therefore praised the INEC and in particular thanked its chairman Prof. Mahmood Yakubu for giving Nigerians an election which according to him, has further engendered the unity of the country.

“This is the type of election that brings unity to the country.

“A candidate from southwest was able to win in Jigawa, Zamfara and Sokoto. This is in spite of the fact that it was a Muslim) Muslim ticket. We buried religious and tribal sentiments.

” A candidate from southeast was able to win in Lagos and Plateau, while Atiku was able to win in Osun. I think this should be able to bring Nigerians closer and unify us rather than threatening our togetherness,” he said.

(NAN)

CLICK TO READ MORE DETAILS:.

https://www.sojworldnews.com/interim-govt-will-not-happen-in-nigeria-again-we-will-join-forces-to-oppose-it-tinubu-support-group-swaga/

https://terryanews.com/popular-skit-maker-ijoba-lande1-is-missing-wife-cries-out-video/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/rival-cult-clash-leaves-one-dead-in-ibadan/

https://www.sojworldnews.com/inside-life-pastor-fingered-my-private-part-blood-was-flowing-out-teenager-told-court/

For Breaking and News updates, kindly send your name and location to our WhatsApp No. 09069473894, add us to your group for our news updates. IGNORE, if you're already with us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by uba1991: 12:37am On Mar 29, 2023
Abiola make noise more than this.
When I dream that a Yoruba man is threatening me,I will just go back and continue with my sleep. Abacha (1996)

4 Likes

Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by Dreal1247: 12:55am On Mar 29, 2023
Continue dreaming. The stolen mandate must be retrieved and restored to the rightful owner. Remember, the USA is yet to acknowledge the rigger or presumed winner. Court will finally give us the right conclusion at last.

3 Likes

Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by spearman(m): 12:58am On Mar 29, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by princepeter566: 1:12am On Mar 29, 2023
Why are they afraid?
Na guilty conscience the worry them.
A thief runneth when no man pussueth.
All I know is, a thief, religious fanatics, drug lord, lier, murder can never be my president
Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by Freshtruth(m): 1:30am On Mar 29, 2023
Oga Tinubu why is it taking so long for Joe biden to congratulate you? Oga Tinubu who killed Funsho Williams? Oga Tinubu who order the killings of some young Nigerians at toll gate? When Tinubu bodily pick a Moslem,Moslem ticket I just know he has struck a deal with yakubu a long time ago. The election was just a drama scripts to make it look real that y they remove obi from ist position to 3rd position so that he won't bother to go to court

3 Likes

Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by Freshtruth(m): 1:41am On Mar 29, 2023
princepeter566:
Why are they afraid?
Na guilty conscience the worry them.
A thief runneth when no man pussueth.
All I know is, a thief, religious fanatics, drug lord, lier, murder can never be my president
wetin Buhari Cabals dey cook for pot come may I no sure say Asiwaju feel taste am cool

2 Likes

Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by Laple0541(m): 1:42am On Mar 29, 2023
spearman:
My favorite videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Yr_bLaPHQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Szt5mOQwU

Ungratefulness is a trait inherited by those people, with the level of support Obifraud got from Edo state, see how one of his supporters repay them.

1 Like

Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by ganisucks(f): 1:46am On Mar 29, 2023
Some people go soon receive electric shock🎵
Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by Betanaija42moro: 4:39am On Mar 29, 2023
Interim is the best way to go now
Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by adecz: 5:04am On Mar 29, 2023
🆗 nah.
Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by SmartPolician: 5:52am On Mar 29, 2023
No, there won't be any interim government.

Tinubu is the president-elect for now until the court says otherwise.

Tinubu will replace Buhari on May 29th; there's no going back on this issue.
Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by Formularcr7: 5:59am On Mar 29, 2023
We'll not take it
Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by Cantonese: 6:12am On Mar 29, 2023
He said
“ He further cautioned that those nursing such an ambition are capable of destroying the country and tear it apart”.

Has the country not been destroyed already by the same politicians? They left issues of serious national concern and turned completely tribal, ethnic and religious. Rather than talk about security, roads, education, better infrastructure, welfare and even the air that we breathe, they drove the citizens to believe irresponsible points that have torn the citizens apart. What is left of the country. The amount of hatred in the hearts of the people simply point to the fact that the country is now completely ripe to break into pieces.

The way forward is to break up into pieces.
Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by austinvsb: 7:25am On Mar 29, 2023
- “Anything short of that means you are asking for Nigeria to come to an end. Therefore, those calling for an interim government should go and bury the thought. It will never happen.

This is what I have been saying. You denied Awolowo in 1983, Denied Abiola in 1993 and now you want to deny another Yoruba Son in 2023 (Obasanjo is not Yoruba) and expect that the Yorubas will not respond and just take it'? Hahahahaha

You deny Tinubu, You end Nigeria. Period! smiley
Re: INTERIM Govt Will NOT Happen In Nigeria Again, We Will Join Forces To Oppose It by IVORY2009(m): 7:28am On Mar 29, 2023
uba1991:
Abiola make noise more than this.
When I dream that a Yoruba man is threatening me,I will just go back and continue with my sleep. Abacha (1996)

Leave them....

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi’s Petition Against Tinubu Is An Effort In Futility – Ned Nwoko / You Will Live With The Shame Of Your Dishonesty – Kenneth Okonkwo Slams Yakubu / Niger Republic Electricity Independent Of Nigeria By 2025?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.