Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Ihedioha Pulls Out From Contesting Governorship Position, Apologises To Supporte - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ihedioha Pulls Out From Contesting Governorship Position, Apologises To Supporte (204 Views)

Malami Under Fire For Distributing Multi-billion Naira Vehicles To APC Supporte / Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh / Presidency: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2023 – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ihedioha Pulls Out From Contesting Governorship Position, Apologises To Supporte by Chiomaboniface: 10:49am On Mar 29, 2023
By Thav Tv

Ex Governor of Imo State, Emeka Ihedioha, has pulled the plug on his participation in the Imo governorship race and has withdrawn from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship primary in the state.The former House of Representatives Deputy Speaker’s decision was contained in a letter dated March 27, 2023, and made public on Tuesday. In the letter addressed to the embattled National Chairman of the party, Ihedioha explained to the party leadership that his decision was a “personal sacrifice” to pave the way for the emergence of a “consensus candidate” by the PDP.

This comes a few days after the former governor was screened and cleared by the PDP to contest the party’s primary ahead of the November 11 governorship election in Imo State. Ihedioha wrote: “As I turned 58 years last Friday, March 24, I had cause to reflect on so many things, including the state of the Peoples Democratic Party.“Having been a member since its formation in 1998, I align myself with the request made by our state chapter to the National Working Committee for a consensus choice of the candidate regarding the 2023 governorship primaries.

“In the interest of harmony and unity of the party, I have elected to make the personal sacrifice of withdrawing from further participation in the processes leading to the emergence of the gubernatorial candidate.“This decision was not taken lightly. My commitment to the service of our people has never been in doubt.”

The former Deputy Speaker, however, apologised to his teeming supporters and well-wishers who might felt let down by his decision to exit the race, reiterating that the move was in the best interest of Imo State. Ihedioha’s words: “And I am sure many of those who have, on their own, already started mobilising for me in Imo State will be disappointed.

https://thavmedia.com/ihedioha-pulls-out-from-contesting-governorship-position-apologises-to-supporters/
Re: Ihedioha Pulls Out From Contesting Governorship Position, Apologises To Supporte by Flapp478(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2023
Until I confirm the veracity and authenticity of this claim, I won't believe this. This man should contest and I bet you, he will win. Imolites still have sympathy for him
Re: Ihedioha Pulls Out From Contesting Governorship Position, Apologises To Supporte by Jostoman: 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2023
Why mr ihedioha?

(1) (Reply)

Still On 25% For FCT / Donald Trump Indicted || PDP Ready For Major Reconciliations / Water Is Sweet But Blood Is Thicker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.