Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix (815 Views)

Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World / NYSC Rejects Illiterate Graduates Of Enugu University (ESUT) / Vertinary Medicine Vs Dentistry? Which Should Be Considered Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Definitions from Oxford Languages ·

illiterate
/ɪˈlɪt(ə)rət/
adjective
unable to read or write.
Example:
"his parents were illiterate"

noun
a person who is unable to read or write.

Do you think this word is enough to ban someone for 4days While those that used harsher words are not banned 🚫

Seun, I will continue to draw your attention to the wrongs going on in nairaland

What you choose to do with the evidences is entirely up to you.

1 Share

Re: Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by etrange: 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
Lol... Nairaland people. Someone is clearly not an illiterate, you call them an illiterate with the obvious intention of spiting them, and then turn around to ask if it was an insult?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by Impersonator2: 3:30pm On Mar 29, 2023
don't mind the mods, they are unhappy with their furstrated lives. that's how they ban me for saying "you be mumu" jokingly o to someone nlfpmod lalasticlala mynd44 ishilove seun you can go ahead and ban me over and over again i dont care, you know i don't because i have...

1 Like

Re: Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
etrange:
Lol... Nairaland people. Someone is clearly not an illiterate, you call them an illiterate with the obvious intention of spiting them, and then turn around to ask if it was an insult?
How did I know the owner of the moniker is not an illiterate

Do I know the person personally
Re: Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by Yohans(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Re: Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by etrange: 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

How did I know the owner of the moniker is not an illiterate

Do I know the person personally

You defined illiterate as someone who can't read or write. And now your argument is that you don't know if the person you quoted is an illiterate? You read the person's comment and you replied knowing he'd read yours, and yet you don't know if the person can write/read. Lol... smart.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by david102(m): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2023
I don't think it's about the word but context...... Maybe the context sounds intimidating or aggressive
Re: Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by Wiseandtrue(f): 2:54am On Mar 30, 2023
etrange:

You defined illiterate as someone who can't read or write. And now your argument is that you don't know if the person you quoted is an illiterate? You read the person's comment and you replied knowing he'd read yours, and yet you don't know if the person can write/read. Lol... smart.
I hope you too can read shall undecided or you deliberately don't know how to interpret undecided

Mtcheeeeew
Re: Illiterate. Can It Be Considered As An Insult??? Pix by FiremanX: 4:31am On Mar 30, 2023
Wiseandtrue:

I hope you too can read shall undecided or you deliberately don't know how to interpret undecided

Mtcheeeeew
This one don't have sense 😂

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Living In Norway / Application To Tuition Free Studies In Europe For 2010 Is On Now! / Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.