Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights (34453 Views)

Kamala Harris Calls Joe Biden To Congratulate Him / Biography, Net Worth Of Kamala Harris, The US Vice President-Elect / Kamala Harris Becomes First Woman V.P In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05pm On Mar 29, 2023
In Ghana, Kamala Harris spoke out in support of LGBTQ+ people in Africa, following the introduction of a devastating new law in Uganda that bans queer identities entirely.

The 49th vice president of the US made her stance clear on Monday (27 March) during a press conference.

Standing alongside Ghana’s president, Nana Akufo, Harris said she felt “very strongly” about supporting the development of LGBTQ+ rights in Africa.

“I will also say that this is an issue that we consider and I consider to be a human rights issue and that will not change,” she said.

However, the speaker slammed Kamara Harris, describing her comments as undemocratic.

According to him, it should not be tolerated.

He said, "I was so happy when I read that Pope Francis directed that no Reverend father should celebrate over gay or lesbian marriage. Yes, Rome has spoken and the matter is ended, so committee members that will refer to the bill, we want the report.

"Don't be intimidated by any person. I made this statement when I was a member of the European ACP Parliament in Brussels. Now we have two of our members in, who happen to be leading our committee constitutional legal colloquial affairs, who are handling the bill and since we referred it to them; till date, we haven't heard anything.”

He continued, "That is creation and that is the spice of life. How come we are using that to divide ourselves? Please let the report flow. We need to legislate. Our friends, yes passed their law in Uganda. We did not go the way they have gone because our constitution is clear as to the direction we should move and so we will be guided by that.

"Because if we pass any law against the constitution, it's unconstitutional. So, we have to do that. So, what are you afraid of if you have the whole people behind you? If God is with you, who can be against you? And if God says please go into the wilderness, multiply and fill the world, that is God giving you that command.

"If somebody says please don't multiply, how can that person be strong? I don't only speak this way in Ghana, I spoke it in the last meeting we attended in IPU at Barry. Anybody who listened to my speech, they were silent on this matter, likely because it's a Muslim country. They applauded me.

"If it's somewhere else, they will be asking questions, as the vice president just did yesterday. These things should not be tolerated, that is undemocratic. What is democracy? That somebody else will have to dictate to me as what is good and what is bad; it’s unheard of. Because we have decided to devalue ourselves and go begging.

"Come on! We have more than enough. God has created more than enough for every person. It’s just because you are looking at somebody else’s share, not yours. We have enough in the well. The bill will be passed.

"That is why we are representative of the people, so in terms of law which is part of policy, we finalise it and then the executives have the authority to implement it, to execute it. Let's get this clear. Once this bill is before here, he is not in charge, I am in charge," the statement added.

Source

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by slivertongue: 11:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Absolute rubbish. It's man and woman, woman and man period. Africans have serious & pressing issues to deal with. Developmental issues are at the core of challenges not inter or intra gender relationship.

331 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Raheeqilmaktoom: 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2023
Not just slam her govts position, show the will to go the whole log and they can't do shit. They are at the weakest they've been in ages now, it's all a facade.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by FreeStuffsNG: 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
slivertongue:
Absolute rubbish. It's man and woman, woman and man period.
On this issue o, Africans have been unanimously resolute. I think the west should just rest. China will not send its VP to Africa to come discuss LBGTQ abeg.
check my signature for free stuffs!

261 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Samunique(m): 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
Good !

Da bi mo se da !

Let them take their corruption back to their countries ! undecided

If I may ask, isn't there any motive behind these people crusade for this their so called LGBTQ right nonsense that always tops their agenda wherever they go

Bcs I don't understand why they will leave their countries for others just to go there and start preaching the same sex rights when there are far more pressing and important issues than that !!!

Are these people not truly insane ?

What's so special about these pervert persons

203 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by FairlyUSEDpussy: 12:43am On Mar 30, 2023
Mad woman.........

Is her own silly pussy not enjoying the mad gbola of her of her husband..........

Why didn't she entangle her kpekus to gay partner herself??

So what's her sodomized support bout??

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 30, 2023
grin

139 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Brendaniel: 2:17am On Mar 30, 2023
So she traveled all the way from U.S TO Africa to talk about LGBTQ rights, with all the problems Africa is facing, LGBTQ agenda is top most in her mind.

423 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by tsdarkside(m): 3:26am On Mar 30, 2023
Brendaniel:
So she traveled all the way from U.S TO Africa to talk about LGBTQ rights, with all the problems Africa is facing, LGBTQ agenda is top most in her mind.

its funny how they are sendin blacks from america to sweet talk africans into senseless stuffs....

it started with obama....
now they are sendin more blacks....

look,this black agrees,you blacks should agree too....nothing wrong with nonesense....

or we sanction you....!!
kiki....

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by tsdarkside(m): 3:33am On Mar 30, 2023
thats why you were warned to dont mix....

this halfcasts always side with whites....
if she realy thinks black,she wouldnt dare to suggest such nonesense to black people....

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Christistruth03: 3:42am On Mar 30, 2023
Thank God she didn't come to Nigeria

Gay rights matter more to them than Human rights

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Samfloxin(m): 4:53am On Mar 30, 2023
Why won't they preach it, while African leaders are licking the asses of the west for money

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by BigDawsNet: 5:42am On Mar 30, 2023
It's not like all American are into LGBTQ but they just want this people to live without fear... like everyone hav right choose what they want to be or who they wanna be with...

We don't support this in Africa, so I believe the west will hav to do extra job to change the minds of the black...

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Vyzz: 6:28am On Mar 30, 2023
cool

All the way from overseas and you didn't come to talk about technology, or education, or how to develop the economy...

But LGBTQ

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:57am On Mar 30, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Full Story

Ghana's Speaker Slams US Vice President Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights.

Could this be the reason Obama and Kamala are boycotting Nigeria? undecided

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19am On Mar 30, 2023
Samunique:
Good !

Da bi mo se da !

Let them take their corruption back to their countries ! undecided

If I may ask, isn't there any motive behind these people crusade for this their so called LGBTQ right nonsense that always tops their agenda wherever they go

Bcs I don't understand why they will leave their countries for others just to go there and start preaching the same sex rights when there are far more pressing and important issues than that !!!

Are these people not truly insane ?

What's so special about these pervert persons

What they are pushing now is the Trans Agenda. Don’t be surprised if the Democrats put forward a Tranny as their next presidential candidate after Obiden. cool

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Emmastan291: 8:11am On Mar 30, 2023
She doesn't have the right to dictate what Africans want for themselves...
Say no to LGBTQ

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2023
On gay rights.

1.Kamala is not adressing Africans, she is addressing Americans back at home. She already knows we won't listen to her. But she wants to be able to tell her American countrypeople that 'At least I stood up for human rights in darkest Africa...I faced them down and defeated them'

2.Western leaders should realize that most Africans do not like being dictated to. It is because of years of western leaders coming to tell us that we are evil for not accepting LGBTQ rights that LGBTQ rights are not making progress in Africa.

Did anyone come to the US to tell them to accept gay rights? No, their activists did the job of educating Americans that a man marrying another man does not affect them, and overtime step by step, rights were guaranteed. Had someone from Russia come to the US in 1987 and told them that they must accept gay rights , the US would have still been a homophobic country.

Look, people do not like being told how to live. In 2004, a British newspaper asked people to write to a certain American small town and tell them to vote for John Kerry instead of GW Bush in the upcoming election...an American town that had voted democrat for centuries. The result....a safe democrat area voted Republican for the first time....(and democrat leaders wept).

3.All the same, we Africans should not bother about gay people and what they do or not do. All gay people want is the right to live in peace. Personally, I regard homosexual behaviour as a sin, but gay people are not asking me to change my belief, they are mostly asking for the right to live unmolested and at peace, and not to be judged by their orientation. If we can meet at a middle road, then there is nothing wrong with granting gay people legal protections. If however, gay people suddeny start saying that they must change long established religious tenents, or force their way into churches and mosques to do their thing...then we can appropriately say no to them, since I won't be standing in front of any gay person's house or gathering shouting 'All of you are evil'.

4.That said, we should all learn to live in peace with each other. LGBTQ people should also relaize that unfortunately people are not good.. But they should also have the protection of the law if they are beaten up for being gay, or not rented to, or prevented from getting a job, or so forth.

5.But at the same time, force or talking down to people should not be used to force LGBTQ rights down our throats. After all, no one forced down gay rights down the West's throat, and the West won't like it if we came and forced things like polygamy, female circumcision and tribal marks down their throats too.

P.S This is an opinion piece, not a direction on what you should do regarding LGBTQ. Thank you.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by naija4life247: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2023
Useless dogs

66 Likes

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by shegzhkn: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2023
Blacks are the most prejudiced human, it's just that power belongs to other race.
If they are engrossed with development of their society, they wouldn't give AF about who you are or love.

3 Likes

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Goodlady(f): 8:12am On Mar 30, 2023
Why is America falling their hands like this?
LGBTQ ll not work in Africa. They ll be hunted till the end of the world.
Those Arabs, jihadists, Chinese and Russians ll just be laughing at American now that they want to feed us their madness by force.

SAY NO TO LGBTQ IN AFRICA.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by inoki247: 8:12am On Mar 30, 2023
Lol una problem..,

Na why dem no fit come Nigeria wen dem know say Buhari no send dere Papa if u talk that kain rubbish for him side....

No Technology, No how more development can come to Africa na LGBT jargons u bring aw will that better the life of an African man or add to our GDP...

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by falcon01: 8:13am On Mar 30, 2023
Damn
Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by MetroLane: 8:13am On Mar 30, 2023
slivertongue:
Absolute rubbish. It's man and woman, woman and man period.

Exactly.....

God created Adam and Eve to be together

Not Adam and Steve.....

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by adecz: 8:13am On Mar 30, 2023
I wonder why the mental illness
that pushes some men to cherish
sticking their manhood into the
shhit-hole of other men should become
a national policy of the US, to the length
that they want other countries to join
this perverted bandwagon.❎❎❌❌❎❎

This is the same country that criminalises
marrying more than one wife❗️❗️😐😐😐

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by Lashist(m): 8:14am On Mar 30, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

On this issue o, Africans have been unanimously resolute. I think the west should just rest. China will not send its VP to Africa to come discuss LBGTQ abeg.
check my signature for free stuffs!
Shame no dey catch you...since 3years you have been advertising free stuffs and referrals. Don't you like progress??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alban Bagbin, Ghana's Speaker, Slams Kamala Harris For Canvassing Gay Rights by AndrewTate(m): 8:15am On Mar 30, 2023
BigDawsNet:
It's not like all American are into LGBTQ but they just want this people to live without fear... like everyone hav right choose what they want to be or who they wanna be with...

We don't support this in Africa, so I believe the west will hav to do extra job to change the minds of the black...
why don't we allow drug dealers live without fear too?
Their consumers are not even complaining or don't everyone have the right to choose their profession too?
What do you think?

28 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Brazilian President Bolsonaro In Hospital Over Intestinal Obstruction / Filippo Ferlazzo: Italian Who Murdered Ogorchukwu Alika Jailed For 24 Years / 18th Century Teapot Used By Chinese Emperor Sold Over £2million At Auction (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.