Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin (402 Views)

Where Did Jesus Call Himself God In The Bible? / Why Did Jesus Call His Disciples Little Children? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by MindHacker9009(m): 11:29pm On Mar 29, 2023
Mark 14:21
"The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him".

Why did Jesus call Himself the Son of man when He was concieve by a virgin?
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Mar 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:
■ Why did Jesus cal Himself the Son of man when He was concieve be a virgin?
1. I am sorry, what? undecided

Aren't all beings born of flesh and blood sons of men? undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by MindHacker9009(m): 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am sorry, what? undecided

Aren't all beings born of flesh and blood sons of men? undecided

No Jesus should have called himself the son of woman as his mum was a virgin.
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by peter0071(m): 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
He came into the lineage of Man... from the tribe of Judah.. and became the son of man...with the weaknesses and characteristics of man
MindHacker9009:

Why did Jesus call Himself the Son of man when He was concieve be a virgin?
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Mar 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:
■ No Jesus should have called himself the son of woman as his mum was a virgin.
1. That makes no sense at all given that even woman came from Man aka Adam. undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by MindHacker9009(m): 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. That makes no sense at all given that even woman came from Man aka Adam. undecided

To you it makes no sense. The children of the fallen angels who mated with the women were not called the sons of man, so how can a virgin give birth to the son of man.
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
MindHacker9009:
■ To you it makes no sense. The children of the fallen angels who mated with the women were not called the sons of man,
■ so how can a virgin give birth to the son of man.
1. What were the children of fallen angels called? undecided

2. He was born from the DNA of His mother who also happens to be a son/daughter of Man, so, explain to me again, why he cannot also be referred to as a Son of Man abeg. undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by dazzlingd(m): 12:53am On Mar 30, 2023
Jesus is a homosexual
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by switosman(m): 6:34am On Mar 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

in the quoted verse,. . notice THE ie definitive. Also notice "it is written"
To understand why Jesus said he is that son of man referred then go read all scripture written about son of man in the old testament, especially Daniel's vision.
Read his defense before the priest and why they got mad when he quoted Daniel's prophecy.
Jesus is son of man because he is the Godman in heaven. He took flesh into heaven, a glorious flesh
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:04am On Mar 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

According to God's word "MAN" is used for mankind in general for example God said:

And God went on to create the MAN in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them! Genesis 1:27

"MAN does not live by bread alone" Deuteronomy 8:3

Jeremiah said to God:

"MAN'S way does not belong to him. It does not belong to MAN who is walking even to direct his step" Jeremiah 10:23

So when Jesus called himself "son of man" he was using the general term! smiley
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by AntiChristian: 8:18am On Mar 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Probably Because "man" was first created before woman! So technically everyone can be said to be son of Man.

But I prefer Jesus son of Mary as the Qur'an describes him!
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by MindHacker9009(m): 9:01am On Mar 30, 2023
The son of Mary is correct because a man born by a virgin and the Holly Spirit will be called the Son of The Holly Spirit.
The son of women and fallen angels were called the Nephilim and not the son of man.
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Tboy222: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

If you are familiar with your bible the term man refers to both man and woman.
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Tboy222: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2023
dazzlingd:
Jesus is a homosexual

May God grant you his divine mercy
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 11:10am On Mar 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:
The son of Mary is correct because a man born by a virgin and the Holly Spirit will be called the Son of The Holly Spirit.
The son of women and fallen angels were called the Nephilim and not the son of man.
Where did you get the statement in bold from? undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by MightySparrow: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

Which man? He was solely born by a woman?
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by dazzlingd(m): 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Tboy222:

May God grant you his divine mercy

Okay but that doesnt change the fact that jesus was ugly. No woman could have been attracted to him, so he resorted to homosexuality
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Dtruthspeaker: 6:06pm On Mar 30, 2023
dazzlingd:

Okay but that doesnt change the fact that jesus was ugly. No woman could have been attracted to him, so he resorted to homosexuality

No eye hath seen the kind of horrible death you shall die and the eternal punishment you shall get because of your blasphemies no mind can imagine it.
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by dazzlingd(m): 6:14pm On Mar 30, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

No eye hath seen the kind of horrible death you shall die and the eternal punishment you shall get because of your blasphemies no mind can imagine it.

And who are you?

What authority do you have?

( I guess this is the moment you speak in tongues and say you come in the name of jesus christ, the one who gave you authority, then you command fire and I begin to scream and vanish into thin air, then the holy spirit ministers to you as you won a battle against darkness) grin nollywood is sweet
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Lukuluku69(m): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

You will need to do some readings outside the Canonically accepted Works/Books to unravel this.

But straight away let me say this: Those words were put in Jesus mouth by those who wrote his Account of his life. They did believing that he was the one the Jewish Books alluded to as "The Son of Man"

Read the Book of Enoch to start with and many other hidden works (Apocrypha)
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■ You will need to do some readings outside the Canonically accepted Works/Books to unravel this.
But straight away let me say this: Those words were put in Jesus mouth by those who wrote his Account of his life. They did believing that he was the one the Jewish Books alluded to as "The Son of Man" Read the Book of Enoch to start with and many other hidden works (Apocrypha)
1. Simple English! Why (not where) is He referred to as The Son of Man? undecided

Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Lukuluku69(m): 10:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Simple English! Why (not where) is He referred to as The Son of Man? undecided

Mama, did you read my response at all?

I was pointing the OP to where the Title "Son of Man" originated from and I clearly mentioned that the "Son of man" thing was put in Jesus mouth by those who think he was the one the Jewish Books foretold.

As you can see, I included the where and why but in your haste to Sha jam talk, you failed to see that cheesy
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■ Mama, did you read my response at all? I was pointing the OP to where the Title "Son of Man" originated from and I clearly mentioned that the "Son of man" thing was put in Jesus mouth by those who think he was the one the Jewish Books foretold. As you can see, I included the where and why but in your haste to Sha jam talk, you failed to see that cheesy
1. The term could not have originated from that book at all because the same term was in use prior to the writing of the book. undecided
The Book of Enoch, written during the second century B.C.E., is one of the most important non-canonical pseudepigraphical works. Its only complete extant version is an Ethiopic translation of a Greek translation made in Palestine from the original Hebrew or Aramaic. Enoch, the great-grandfather of Noah and seventh patriarch in the book of Genesis, is one of the two people in the Bible taken up to heaven without dying (the other being Elijah) and the subject of abundant apocalyptic literature. At first revered only for his piety, he was later believed to be the recipient of secret knowledge from God, which manifests in the Book of Enoch's concepts of heaven and hell, angels and demons, the messiah, the resurrection, a final judgment, and a heavenly kingdom on Earth.
https://guides.library.yale.edu/c.php?g=1064157&p=7887380
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Lukuluku69(m): 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. The term could not have originated from that book at all because the same term was in use prior to the writing of the book. undecided

So Enoch came back and penned it at BCE Second Century?
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■ So Enoch came back and penned it at BCE Second Century?
1. It is called the Book of Enoch does not literally mean Enoch wrote it abeg! undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Lukuluku69(m): 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. It is called the Book of Enoch does not literally mean Enoch wrote it abeg! undecided

Have you taken time out and read it?

If you do, you will find therein Enoch personal accounts ànd if you care to do some Research one of Jesus Disciples actually gave Enoch the credit of being the Author in the Gospel.

Read Jude 1:14

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■ Have you taken time out and read it? If you do, you will find therein Enoch personal accounts ànd if you care to do some Research one of Jesus Disciples actually gave Enoch the credit of being the Author in the Gospel.
Read Jude 1:14
1. I have read the book and yes, it was not penned by Enoch during the second century B.C.E. undecided
As for the mention of Enoch in Jude's letter, Jude mentioned the name of Enoch, not a book written by Enoch. undecided
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by MrPresident1: 12:30am On Mar 31, 2023
MindHacker9009:

This is the virgin the daughter of Judah trodden as a winepress

Lamentations 1:15 KJV
The Lord hath trodden under foot all my mighty men in the midst of me: he hath called an assembly against me to crush my young men: the Lord hath trodden the virgin, the daughter of Judah, as in a winepress.

Israel itself, the nation of Israel, is the virgin. She is the virgin that conceived a son, for the house of David

Romans 1:3 KJV
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Lukuluku69(m): 3:41am On Mar 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I have read the book and yes, it was not penned by Enoch during the second century B.C.E. undecided
As for the mention of Enoch in Jude's letter, Jude mentioned the name of Enoch, not a book written by Enoch. undecided

And Jude lived when Enoch walked this Earth or was he a disciple of Enoch too to know that it was Enoch that said what he mentioned in Jude 1:14?

I asked you because I know what he mentioned in Jude 1:14 has its exact replicate in the Bible, how come it he specifically gave that credit to Enoch the seventh from Adam and not Moses who is alleged to have penned exact words?

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Call Himself The Son Of Man When He Was Concieve By A Virgin by Kobojunkie: 4:34am On Mar 31, 2023
Lukuluku69:
■ And Jude lived when Enoch walked this Earth or was he a disciple of Enoch too to know that it was Enoch that said what he mentioned in Jude 1:14?
■ I asked you because I know what he mentioned in Jude 1:14 has its exact replicate in the Bible, how come it he specifically gave that credit to Enoch the seventh from Adam and not Moses who is alleged to have penned exact words?
1. What I know is record has it that the writer of the book of Jude lived sometime just about 2000 years ago, and Enoch, the man, was reported to have died thousands of years before then. undecided

2. Who knows? Maybe Jude learned of the teachings recorded in the book attributed to Enoch and felt to regurgitate the text to us in others in his letter, but one thing is the book of Enoch which we have today is reported to have been written during the 2nd century B.C. more than a thousand years after Enoch, the seventh from Adam, had been removed from the face of the earth, according to the story we have of him in Scripture. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Cac Hymn 329 Please Try To Read It / Destiny Destroyers: Food I / Eid-ul-fitr 2023 Moon Sighting Live Updates: Saudi, Qatar, UAE To Celebrate Eid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.