Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,083 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine (2327 Views)

My Site Directing Users To WP Admin When Login Pls Help � / Iphone X Doesn’t Allows Apple Users To Accept Or Decline Incoming Call Glitch / Facebook Announces Focus Areas For 2018, Users To See Less Public Content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by irumole1975: 1:01am On Mar 30, 2023
The congress is working toward banning the Chinese software TikTok. The united States had stipulated a minimum fine of of $1M or 20yrs in prison to anyone caught using VPN to access TikTok and other banned websites

4 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Ynix(m): 1:12am On Mar 30, 2023
irumole1975:
The congress is working toward banning the Chinese software TikTok. The united States had stipulated a minimum fine of of $1M or 20yrs in prison to anyone caught using VPN to access TikTok and other banned websites
It's not about Tiktok but the signed agreement with Russia and Arab about using Chinese YUAN for international trade instead of Petrodollar

6 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by irumole1975: 1:21am On Mar 30, 2023
Ynix:

It's not about Tiktok but the signed agreement with Russia and Arab about using Chinese YUAN for international trade instead of Petrodollar

I know. US is scared that'll lead to the end of their dominance. Would that means we nigerian Japa crew will now be moving to China?

10 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Ynix(m): 1:25am On Mar 30, 2023
irumole1975:

I know. US is scared that'll lead to the end of their dominance. Would that means we nigerian Japa crew will now be moving to China?
No, no third world hustler is at loss, it doesn't concern you. Let them fight their fight

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by tommy589(m): 1:45am On Mar 30, 2023
This TikTok issue just reminds me of Get Smart spy television series. China is now using an innocent looking but advanced gadget (apps) to spy on USA

Well, it takes a thief to know a thief grin

13 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Kobicove(m): 2:01am On Mar 30, 2023
A fine of $1million or 20 years imprisonment for merely using VPN to access Tiktok?

This is obviously not true undecided
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by irumole1975: 2:41am On Mar 30, 2023
Kobicove:
A fine of $1million or 20 years imprisonment for merely using VPN to access Tiktok?

This is obviously not true undecided

Ok

2 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by OlawaleBammie: 3:18am On Mar 30, 2023
They won't come here now to should Oppression since it's their master US that is banning.

Let it happen in Nigeria, u will see those Imbecīl3 shouting at the top of their voices that Nigeria government is hindering freedom of speech grin

Awon weyrey

15 Likes 8 Shares

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by linearity: 3:43am On Mar 30, 2023
irumole1975:

I don’t need to read the bill to know that the part where VPN is ban to access Tiktok is a big fat lie!

Congress in the US does not have the power to make such law as it infringes on constitutional rights of citizens.

The ban is only applicable to companies that do business with the government so much that, you would not see Tiktok on App Store or Google play store for use users.

But if it is offered over the browser, US user can access and use it, the US would just sanction and fine Tiktok and not US users.

2 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Reminderz: 5:35am On Mar 30, 2023
Ynix:

exactly... US is the real devil giving the illusion of being innocent, no country is innocent but US is the most devilish of them all...

they are the instigators of most wars in history... foolish country, foolish rulers... they know power is no longer with them... all these yeye sanctions or banning won't move China one bit. is that not what they wanted to do with Russia but their plan nor work... I kuku trust Putin, that one nor get time for all these foolishness..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Mercury12(m): 7:20am On Mar 30, 2023
The fear of the Chinese mining their information 😂

While USA remains the Chief miner of all info in the world through google, facebook, apple and other of their big tech companies 😂

2 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:22am On Mar 30, 2023
TikTok should be banned by every country that actually cares for the future of their citizens. Not just Tiktok, any social app built on reels is not good for the human mind.

3 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by candygist: 7:38am On Mar 30, 2023
irumole1975:

Ita your choice man. Don't use we, instead refer to your self.
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by ruggedtimi(m): 7:51am On Mar 30, 2023
The VPN ban is false...
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by koladata(m): 8:05am On Mar 30, 2023
China does not use whatsap or youtube, tik-tok ban is long overdue self. US too dey take nonsense

2 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by marlow1962(m): 8:08am On Mar 30, 2023
Good, TikTok is a menace to the society.

5 Likes

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:23am On Mar 30, 2023
marlow1962:
Good, TikTok is a menace to the social.
before I think the same way as you,
But later I realized it depends on how you use the app, what you like, watch and follow.
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by marlow1962(m): 8:29am On Mar 30, 2023
P1PrinceKT:
before I think the same way as you,
But later I realized it depends on how you use the app, what you like, watch and follow.
I don't do TikTok, it's for kids.
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:32am On Mar 30, 2023
marlow1962:

I don't do TikTok, it's for kids.
Yes there's kid's version.
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by marlow1962(m): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2023
P1PrinceKT:

Yes there's kid's version.
Wow never know that, cool.

1 Like

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by 4ward4: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2023
irumole1975:

China have the highest number of foreign Students in the US, followed by Indians. That should ring a bell

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by irumole1975: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2023
candygist:

Ita your choice man. Don't use we, instead refer to your self.

You think you can still be successful if you're not able to japa to a western country? Dey play
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by SouthSouth1914: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2023
Putin waited for the killer punch, and it hit the US of A pretty hard!
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Blitzking: 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2023
Make nigeria too ban whatsappp...telegram...twitter...zoom...tictok...make our soft ware engineers bring their own
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
They won't come here now to should Oppression since it's their master US that is banning.

Let it happen in Nigeria, u will see those Imbecīl3 shouting at the top of their voices that Nigeria government is hindering freedom of speech grin

Awon weyrey

How many US social media giant is operating in China? It's just reciprocity but it took them so long to do that.
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2023
koladata:
China does not use whatsap or youtube, tik-tok ban is long overdue self. US too dey take nonsense

It took them so long...it's reciprocity
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by mytime24(f): 1:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
Lies

$1M
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Regex: 2:44pm On Mar 30, 2023
America and misplaced priority. School shooting is still a thing in the country however, Tiktok is a huge threat to their territory. Bunch of big fools!
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Godspikin: 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2023
koladata:

That's just officially.

Do you know the number of Chinese citizens I chat with on WhatsApp. Most Chinese businesses that has to relate with foreigners use WhatsApp. They use VPN however.
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by TheBillyonaire: 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2023
China banned google, twitter, facebook etc and built their own servers and apps to replace them. And USA is trying to do same since Tik Tok algorithm is making the rest of the world dance, prank one another, promote consipiracies and have no real good content for USA, Africa and Europe.

Now Mrs America believes her citizens are mentally dumped down and She is ready to force their citizens not to use Tiktok by any means necessary.

It is over for Babylon. You can not build digital borders.
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by Pennywise2: 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2023
They are looking for business gain from tiktok.

They av not fully ban it . Even if they do it, they will most likely reverse it . Though with much plea
Re: US Banned Tiktok: VPN Users To Face 20yrs Imprisonment Or $1M Fine by candygist: 1:16pm On Apr 06, 2023
irumole1975:

You think you can still be successful if you're not able to japa to a western country? Dey play

Why cant I ?
So many young succesful people are making it here in Nigeria.

Change your mentality.

(1) (Reply)

Change Your To .com / I Am Selling Craigslist Job & W4M Leads / make money $50 in a week from shorte.st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.