Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System (1415 Views)

KPMG Report: First Bank Reinforces Retail Banking Dominance / When The Naira Was Stronger Than US Dollar (Throwback) / Dangote Cement Maintains Dominance With Strong Earnings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Rebuker(m): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2023
Russia is scheduled to commence the use of the Chinese yuan for international payments this week, replacing the US dollar. Additionally, Saudia Arabia is in talks with the Chinese government to follow suit. It has been projected that Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa may break away from utilizing the US dollar for international transactions. There are also rumors that Iran and South Arabia may join this movement.

The recent meeting between Russian president Vladimir Putin and Chinese president Xi Jinping in Russia resulted in an agreement to use the Chinese yuan as a settlement currency for countries in Asia, Africa, and Latam. Putin expressed his support for the use of national currencies for international trading and also expressed his positive opinion on the use of the yuan as a form of payment in bilateral trade, particularly with emerging economies. This move may potentially reduce reliance on the U.S. dollar as a settlement currency and could have implications for the global economic landscape.

If more countries begin to adopt alternative currencies like the yuan for international transactions, it could potentially reduce demand for the US dollar, which could lead to a gradual weakening of the currency over time. This could have implications for the US economy and its position in the global financial system, as well as for global financial stability more broadly.

It is important to note that exchange rate movements are driven by a wide range of factors, including macroeconomic fundamentals, monetary policy decisions, geopolitical events, and market sentiment. As such, any potential impact on the US dollar resulting from the recent agreement between Russia and China is likely to be complex and multifaceted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqxRRrmQqg

1 Like

Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by jimyjames(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2023
Good one

3 Likes

Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by OneCandleAway(f): 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2023
Rwanda president has already told his people not to save their money in dollars.

Our own doesn't even know what is happening.

5 Likes

Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by silvoclaira: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2023
Great. (worthless) Naira is available if they to use it For their international payments

Emefile scrotum will be crushed with my marvel fair boots

2 Likes

Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Nawttiboi007(m): 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
Update
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Phantom233: 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2023
OneCandleAway:
Rwanda president has already told his people not to save their money in dollars.

Do we have presidents in Nigeria or political stooges w ho depend on western funds for survival.
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by yarimo(m): 1:08pm On Mar 30, 2023
OneCandleAway:

But I had your Somalian president is aware
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Dialpad: 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2023
You have something as serious as this and the only reference is a YouTube video.

You kidding ?

Rebuker:
Russia is scheduled to commence the use of the Chinese yuan for international payments this week, replacing the US dollar. Additionally, Saudia Arabia is in talks with the Chinese government to follow suit. It has been projected that Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa may break away from utilizing the US dollar for international transactions. There are also rumors that Iran and South Arabia may join this movement.

The recent meeting between Russian president Vladimir Putin and Chinese president Xi Jinping in Russia resulted in an agreement to use the Chinese yuan as a settlement currency for countries in Asia, Africa, and Latam. Putin expressed his support for the use of national currencies for international trading and also expressed his positive opinion on the use of the yuan as a form of payment in bilateral trade, particularly with emerging economies. This move may potentially reduce reliance on the U.S. dollar as a settlement currency and could have implications for the global economic landscape.

If more countries begin to adopt alternative currencies like the yuan for international transactions, it could potentially reduce demand for the US dollar, which could lead to a gradual weakening of the currency over time. This could have implications for the US economy and its position in the global financial system, as well as for global financial stability more broadly.

It is important to note that exchange rate movements are driven by a wide range of factors, including macroeconomic fundamentals, monetary policy decisions, geopolitical events, and market sentiment. As such, any potential impact on the US dollar resulting from the recent agreement between Russia and China is likely to be complex and multifaceted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqxRRrmQqg
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Power14: 1:39pm On Mar 30, 2023
I av stop saving my money in dollars since
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by correctguy101(m): 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2023
Even if this is real, it's not surprising.

Both countries has been in a symbiotic relationship for long.
Russia and China share an enemy, so it's just a case of the enemy of my enemy, is my friend

Russia remain gidigba plus all the blocks, it'll be difficult to isolate Russia successfully if the Americans can't even successfully isolate small North Korea..

America dares not engage any of them in frontal warfare , they'll both suffer greatly and the dollar will lose its hold, hence the economic and strategic assaults, the entire world will plunge into chaos if that ever happens.

Putin knows this, POTUS knows this.

But that won't stop a total madman, any advocate of chaos that becomes the POTUS will want to see the world plunge into disaster bar any loses.

I just dey rant today... Lols

1 Like

Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Rebuker(m): 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
Dialpad:
You have something as serious as this and the only reference is a YouTube video.

You kidding ?

Sir, In my opinion, the video obtained directly from Fox News Channel serves as adequate reference. As it is a live program, watching the video would provide a comprehensive understanding. My attempt was only to provide a condensed summary of the video's content.
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Rebuker(m): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Power14:
I av stop saving my money in dollars since

Not in naira also, I guess. Abeg bros, come and give us update o.
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by MrPADDY(m): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2023
China and Brazil have already reached a deal to trade in their own currencies, ditching the US dollar as an intermediary.

https://www.barrons.com/news/china-brazil-strike-deal-to-ditch-dollar-for-trade-8ed4e799?redirect=amp

Dialpad:
You have something as serious as this and the only reference is a YouTube video?
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by nairalander2020(m): 6:14pm On Mar 30, 2023
Welcome to the growing new world order, thanks to western favouritism..

1 Like

Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by TheGreenHouse: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2023
US Dollar is still the global currency. *winks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Tj3vh1w9E
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by SensetionalGoal(m): 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2023
Dollar is even rising in Binance... Jokers
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Helpfromabove1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 04, 2023
Ok
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Rebuker(m): 12:31am On Apr 05, 2023
SensetionalGoal:
Dollar is even rising in Binance... Jokers

The effect may not be immediately. BTW, I am a dollar man.
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by SensetionalGoal(m): 6:38am On Apr 05, 2023
Rebuker:

The effect may not be immediately. BTW, I am a dollar man.

The truth is that dollar dominance will remain at least for the next 50yrs
Re: Russia And China Challenge US Dollar Dominance With New Payment System by Rebuker(m): 7:21am On Apr 05, 2023
SensetionalGoal:

The truth is that dollar dominance will remain at least for the next 50yrs

I pray so.

(1) (Reply)

Best Courier For Retail Ecommerce In Nigeria ? / Distributorship Right / Mini Importers In Akwa-ibom Let's Meet Here !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.