Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

How I Got Discouraged As An Auto Agent - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Got Discouraged As An Auto Agent (693 Views)

Can 100k Get An Auto Base Paint Full Body Job Same Color? / Why Do People Get Discouraged From Buying Hyundai Vehicles In Nigeria? / Partners Needed To Establish An Auto Service Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got Discouraged As An Auto Agent by princely4ever: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
I am very keen about autos and helping people find their cars. I also recently founded an auto company which I hope to establish officially as an investment.

I started the work of an auto agent recently and I remember sharing with one person a vehicle that costs less which was something even the middle class could afford buying. The vehicle had been fairly used, very neat and most of all, as I mentioned, even cost less, enough to attract buyers. This made me recommend this person who is a neighbor the same auto I'm talking about. He had shared how he wanted to go into autodealership but had friends who discouraged him.

I also have this other friend who helps deliver vehicles after being inspected. When I informed him I also deal with autos, he shared me what the market looked liked today for autos, especially in Nigeria. I thought that would discourage me, too, but with high hopes and my glass half full, I didn't let that deter my passion and goals just like that. That was before the other person, my neighbor, told me about how he was discouraged by his colleagues. When he told me, I answered, "as for me, regardless, I don't listen to them..."

And while I'm still looking forward to making making my first sales and doubling my sales, I've learned a lot in my journey as a fresh auto agent in dealing with buyers who leave me messages in my inbox. I'm gaining knowledge,
and with these knowledge, that would help me in dealing with my business and client, and build wealth.

The discouragments came one after another.

Sometimes later, instead of affirming him what he said was true, I had to share with my friend (the one who helps deliver vehicles) what I've learned and told him as an auto dealer, all you need to be successful is a strategy.

You can't fold your arms and relax, and expect buyers to know you have cars for sale. And that though might sound trite and depleted, but what's your business plan? What's your marketing strategy? What are your resolutions?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Discouraged As An Auto Agent by valarinz: 8:21am On Apr 01, 2023
Eya, guess you're looking for someone to motivate you and ginger you not to give up.

In this country now where everyone is under stress grin

Ok ma Oga, keep following your dreams and one day it will pay up and you'll shame your detractors👍🏾

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Discouraged As An Auto Agent by RoadMozart(m): 10:26pm On Apr 01, 2023
Don't forget to drink water to stay hydrated while you hope for the best. God go do am

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Discouraged As An Auto Agent by skywalker240(m): 6:20am On Apr 03, 2023
Whatever decision you make, make the right choice 😎

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Car That Can Do 1000miles -1600km On 100liter. / Need A Car / Photos: Check Out The Range Rover SUV In The 70s Vs 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.