Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

POS App Developer Needed. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / POS App Developer Needed. (1417 Views)

Mobile App Developer Needed [android & Ios] / I Need An Android App Developer. / Good Programmer/website Designer/app Developer Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

€500 per diem is supposed to "irritate" me? Come around when you are pulling £1000 per diem on an SAP project

You are the one that needs to stop being irritated and to understand that businesses that need their own customised software and can afford it are ready to put a team of developers together and pay them that much to get what they need.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2023
CodingSoft:

You are the one that needs to stop being irritated and to understand that businesses that need their own customised software and can afford it are ready to put a team of developers together and pay them that much to get what they need.

Okay. I'm sure the OP can see your competence and is ready to hire you to develop is super duper all-inclusive Point of Sale software. I'm excited for you

ebukason3, we have a winner here. Codingsoft is more than capable to deliver on your custom built POS project. He's got vast experience working as a software engineer in Europe. And it won't cost a lot based on his already advertised professional fees
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Okay. I'm sure the OP can see your competence and is ready to hire you to develop is super duper all-inclusive Point of Sale software. I'm excited for you

Read my post again and you will see that I did not say I wanted to develop this POS app for the OP, all I did was to give the OP my own professional advice as to how he should go about the POS software project to avoid bad experiences others in the past have come to share on this forum.

1 Like

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 5:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
CodingSoft:

Read my post again and you will see that I did not say I wanted to develop this POS app for the OP, all I did was to give the OP my own professional advice as to how he should go about the POS software project to avoid bad experiences others in the past have come to share on this forum.

👍
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by niel63(m): 1:31am On Apr 05, 2023
CodingSoft:

For both apps the OP will still need a good Python or PHP developer to install and configure the POS application for him.

Here it says about ERPNENEXT
While easy to use, ERPNext like any ERP is a complex system. Taking the help of a qualified consultant will go a long way in ensuring the system is optimally configured for your needs.

Is the software language agnostic? The way you take shout the python and php
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by ebukason3(m): 8:33pm On Apr 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

ebukason3, we have a winner here. Codingsoft is more than capable to deliver on your custom built POS project. He's got vast experience working as a software engineer in Europe. And it won't cost a lot based on his already advertised professional fees

We got a service from Kenya, and they are good.

Thanks.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by bassdow: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2023
airsaylongcome:

How is developing a POS a complex project for goodness sake. When there are loads of this same project all over the internet. The OP's scope self is very limited for what a POS can do and shows that he has not been "dealt" with by retail staff

the potential client might not know any of these things you said.

and they need make it seem complicated so as to extract more juice from said client.

Have met clients who wanted me working on their custom based project. after lots of grammar, with ensuring we sign non-disclosuure, I end up finding out the supposed custom project is just a [nulled] [paid] script downloaded from the internet
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2023
bassdow:

and they need make it seem complicated so as to extract more juice from said client.

Have met clients who wanted me working on their custom based project. after lots of grammar, with ensuring we sign non-disclosuure, I end up finding out the supposed custom project is just a [nulled] [paid] script downloaded from the internet
Facts
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
bassdow:

airsaylongcome:

Facts

Okay, both of you should deliver the OP's project for me within 2 weeks and if it does all that the OP has listed, I will pay you $500 for both of you to share.

ebukason3:

Features of the POS should include

1- user access levels
Owner, manager & SalesRep.
(Owner should manage the manager, while
manager manages the salesRep).
2- Ability to work offline and can
upload/update data from database
3- stocks in the inventory should tally with
sales.
4- SalesRep function is to checkout customer,
accept debt payment from customers.
5- Manager should have access to add stocks
to inventory, record daily expenses, add
customers that can be given goods on
credit, create usernames/passwords for
the salesRep and also inherit salesRep
function.
6- Owner has rights to set discount, financial
records, profit and loss, sales summary ,
summary of stocks in inventory summary of
all credit given to customer and also inherit
the manager functions.

7- The app (Android) should be responsive
and light lite.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
CodingSoft:

Okay, both of you should deliver the OP's project for me within 2 weeks and if it does all that the OP has listed, I will pay you $500 for both of you to share.

Lol! $500 bucks for two weeks for two people?! I work in Telecoms for a US employer. $25/day is the height of insult.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by bassdow: 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2023
CodingSoft:

Okay, both of you should deliver the OP's project for me and if it does all that the OP listed, I will pay you $500 for both of you to share.

you know it's very obvious theres no contest here. at least not from me.

and not every project need be started from scratch. sometimes, to save on resources (not necessarily money), you could build atop an existing solution.

it's like wanting to roll your own SQL Query builder when there are lots of time tested solutions out there of which most are even free sef.
You just could pick one of them and modify to your taste. That's beauty of openSource.

Just so we clear, I'm in no contest here. Only made an opinion. Not sure I'm available at the moment sef. Chances are, even the client might not know [or willing] it's true financial worth.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by bassdow: 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2023
bassdow:

you know it's very obvious theres no contest here. at least not from me.

and not every project need be started from scratch. sometimes, to save on resources (not necessarily money), you could build atop an existing solution.

it's like wanting to roll your own SQL Query builder when there are lots of time tested solutions out there of which most are even free sef.
You just could pick one of them and modify to your taste. That's beauty of openSource.

Just so we clear, I'm in no contest here. Only made an opinion. Not sure I'm available at the moment sef. Chances are, even the client might not know [or willing] it's true financial worth.

I think there's something some of us here are missing - we don't know the business side of our trade/passion. For those who understands the business aspect, @CodingSoft seems right. But for those of us buried deep into developments, the reverse seems the case.

for those who're after the money or understands the business sense, they bring up ways to milk as much as they could from potential clients, and end up either not providing said service, or doing just what @airsaylongcome suggested.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2023
bassdow:

I think there's something some of us here are missing - we don't know the business side of our trade/passion. For those who understands the business aspect, @CodingSoft seems right. But for those of us buried deep into developments, the reverse seems the case.

for those who're after the money or understands the business sense, they bring up ways to milk as much as they could from potential clients, and end up either not providing said service, or doing just what @airsaylongcome suggested.

Even Amazon AWS started as an in house custom project at Amazon and from there the saw the need to make it into an SASS which a lot of companies are now making use of. So from a business sense like you have mentioned, if a business can afford to put a team of developers/BA/PM together to develop their own application then the business has sole ownership of that application and they can turn it into an SASS application and they can generate more income by doing so.

There will always be a need for custom applications if a business can afford it, as each business is unique and will always have new requirements that only a custom software can deliver.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2023
bassdow:

You succinctly and eloquently articulated my point. Loads and loads of very successful projects are built ontop of existing open (and closed) source projects. One of the most widely used call centre software Vicidial was built on top of Asterisk an open source software

Retail Management is too widely understood to warrant building custom software from scratch.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Help On Dhtml / Can Any Body Help Me With A Php Lookup Script / Entity Framework 4.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.