Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

POS App Developer Needed. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / POS App Developer Needed. (1385 Views)

Mobile App Developer Needed [android & Ios] / I Need An Android App Developer. / Good Programmer/website Designer/app Developer Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

POS App Developer Needed. by ebukason3(m): 11:48am On Mar 31, 2023
Am in need of a developer with an experience in POS development.

Features of the POS should include

1- user access levels
Owner, manager & SalesRep.
(Owner should manage the manager, while
manager manages the salesRep).
2- Ability to work offline and can
upload/update data from database
3- stocks in the inventory should tally with
sales.
4- SalesRep function is to checkout customer,
accept debt payment from customers.
5- Manager should have access to add stocks
to inventory, record daily expenses, add
customers that can be given goods on
credit, create usernames/passwords for
the salesRep and also inherit salesRep
function.
6- Owner has rights to set discount, financial
records, profit and loss, sales summary ,
summary of stocks in inventory summary of
all credit given to customer and also inherit
the manager functions.

7- The app (Android) should be responsive
and light lite.

Name your price and expected time to deliver, possibly previous work.
All host/service should be Nigerian/African
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by LikeAking: 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2023
Lolz..

Dey play..

1 Like

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 3:18pm On Mar 31, 2023

1 Like

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by TforThanks: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2023
ebukason3:

1- user access levels
sales.
function.
the manager functions.

and light lite.

A robust system like this requires UI/UX design. Having the design will save you lots of stresses bro.

I'm available in case you need a UI/UX designer

3 Likes

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by nnoli90: 9:09pm On Mar 31, 2023
ebukason3:

1- user access levels
sales.
function.
the manager functions.

and light lite.

Contact me I have developed an app like this before
Whatsapp or call
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by hakeem02: 11:31pm On Mar 31, 2023
Let's talk on Whatsapp. I can develop it for you 09028857684
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by aigohior(m): 7:40am On Apr 01, 2023
I will not want to solo this project. I am a kotlin developer so if there is a team Whatsapp me at 08136503858
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by Frank688915: 9:40pm On Apr 01, 2023
i have done ds kind of project before using PHP, contact me from my signature to get started
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2023
At OP this is a complex project and to make sure you are working with the right developer the agreement should be that you only pay per delivery of each functionality and you have tested it and it works fine.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2023
CodingSoft:
At OP this is a complex project and to make sure you are working with the right developer the agreement should be that you only pay per delivery of each functionality and you have tested it and it works fine.

How is developing a POS a complex project for goodness sake. When there are loads of this same project all over the internet. The OP's scope self is very limited for what a POS can do and shows that he has not been "dealt" with by retail staff
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by simplesol: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2023
ebukason3:

1- user access levels
sales.
function.
the manager functions.

and light lite.

I have one designed specifically for that purpose. You can chat me up on 0-8-0-3-3-0-5-0-5-77
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
airsaylongcome:

How is developing a POS a complex project for goodness sake. When there are loads of this same project all over the internet. The OP's scope self is very limited for what a POS can do and shows that he has not been "dealt" with by retail staff

In that case quickly create the a web version in stages as listed by the OP and I will provide free hosting for you so that we can test each stage as you go.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 8:33pm On Apr 02, 2023
CodingSoft:

In that case quickly create the a web version in stages as listed by the OP and I will provide free hosting for you so that we can test it stage as you go.

I don't need to develop them. I already put two solutions up. ERPNEXT and OSPOS. Both with APIs
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 8:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I don't need to develop them. I already put two solutions up. ERPNEXT and OSPOS. Both with APIs

You asked how is it is a complex project, that was why I asked you to develop one quickly and I will provide you with free hosting. Off-the-shelf software like the ones you've posted above does not meet specific needs of a business that's why businesses that can afford it do employ project managers, business analysts, programmers and testers to develop their own custom applications.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
CodingSoft:

You asked how is it is a complex project, that was why I asked you to develop one quickly and I will provide you with free hosting. Off-the-shelf software like the ones you've posted above does not meet specific needs of a business that's why businesses that can afford it do employ project managers, business analysts, programmers and testers to develop their own custom applications.

Hilarious! Very hilarious! I guess you also don't use off-the-shelf IDEs and off-the-shelf Productivity tools like Microsoft office.

The two solutions I mentioned completely meet and exceed the OPs requirements. COMPLETELY. OP is asking for functionality to "add" inventory. That's not how it's done on the business world. You purchase stock and receive them into inventory in a process called "Order to pay". These are all standard processes that any basic ERP should provide so I don't get where you are going with all these off-the-shelf blah blah. Retail process are standardized and repeatable that's why you have business like Twitter already developed POS software like these for general use. Retail is one of the most understood businesses.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Hilarious! Very hilarious! I guess you also don't use off-the-shelf IDEs and off-the-shelf Productivity tools like Microsoft office.

The two solutions I mentioned completely meet and exceed the OPs requirements. COMPLETELY. OP is asking for functionality to "add" inventory. That's not how it's done on the business world. You purchase stock and receive them into inventory in a process called "Order to pay". These are all standard processes that any basic ERP should provide so I don't get where you are going with all these off-the-shelf blah blah. Retail process are standardized and repeatable that's why you have business like Twitter already developed POS software like these for general use. Retail is one of the most understood businesses.

Yes IDEs and Microsoft office have their own use, but businesses that can afford it still gets the right team together to build a custom software for them which the ones you have mentioned cannot do.

The OP needs a mobile app which has offline functionality and a local DB is better for this, which the ones you have listed does not have. Also they do not have options for Owner, Manager and Profit and Loss Accounts. The truth is that what the OP needs is only available by getting a good programmer with BA skills together with an accountant to give them financial specs.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2023
CodingSoft:

Yes IDEs and Microsoft office have their own use, but businesses that can afford it still gets the right team together to build a custom software for them which the ones you have mentioned cannot do.

The OP needs a mobile app which has offline functionality and a local DB is better for this, which the ones you have listed does not have. Also they do not have options for Owner, Manager and Profit and Loss Accounts. The truth is that what the OP needs is only available by getting a good programmer with BA skills together with an accountant to give them financial specs.

ERPNENEXT doesn't have capability to implement Owner and Manager user profiles with accompanying rights? Or doesn't have the ability to generate Profit and Loss? Or doesn't have an Android app? Or you did not bother looking it up? ERPNENEXT that is not only able to manage the OPs basic POS requirements but is also able to manage the entire retail business, generating Balance Sheet, managing Purchase Orders, Inventory and Warehouse operations, HR and Payroll and all? Or are you just hell bent on piecing together bits of code?

It's surprising how folks think rewriting code from scratch everytime is a show of their programming prowess. POS aka Checkout management aka Retail Management System is one of the verticals with the most available over-the-shelf solutions. There's nothing in the OPs request that doesn't currently exist as a free (open source) or paid solution. NOTHING. Even a basic account with Square POS or Loyverse completely meets OPs requirements. He hasn't mentioned Loyalty points which is something a lot of retail businesses eventually need, in order to promote return customers.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 5:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

ERPNENEXT doesn't have capability to implement Owner and Manager user profiles with accompanying rights? Or doesn't have the ability to generate Profit and Loss? Or doesn't have an Android app? Or you did not bother looking it up? ERPNENEXT that is not only able to manage the OPs basic POS requirements but is also able to manage the entire retail business, generating Balance Sheet, managing Purchase Orders, Inventory and Warehouse operations, HR and Payroll and all? Or are you just hell bent on piecing together bits of code?

It's surprising how folks think rewriting code from scratch everytime is a show of their programming prowess. POS aka Checkout management aka Retail Management System is one of the verticals with the most available over-the-shelf solutions. There's nothing in the OPs request that doesn't currently exist as a free (open source) or paid solution. NOTHING. Even a basic account with Square POS or Loyverse completely meets OPs requirements. He hasn't mentioned Loyalty points which is something a lot of retail businesses eventually need, in order to promote return customers.

There is no where on ERPNENEXT's site that mentions mobile app version and even to use the free Self host version on a PC and VPS, OP will still need a good python developer to configure and implement.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 5:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
CodingSoft:

There is no where on ERPNENEXT's site that mentions mobile app version and even to use the free Self host version on a PC and VPS, OP will still need a good python developer to configure and implement.

So would your solution not require someone to configure and implement? Let's not talk about the time that will be lost waiting for you to develop versus the ability to go live immediately with ERPNENEXT or OSPOS

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 6:48pm On Apr 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

So would your solution not require someone to configure and implement? Let's not talk about the time that will be lost waiting for you to develop versus the ability to go live immediately with ERPNENEXT or OSPOS

For both apps the OP will still need a good Python or PHP developer to install and configure the POS application for him.

Here it says about ERPNENEXT
While easy to use, ERPNext like any ERP is a complex system. Taking the help of a qualified consultant will go a long way in ensuring the system is optimally configured for your needs.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2023
CodingSoft:

For both apps the OP will still need a good Python or PHP developer to install and configure the POS application for him.

Here it says about ERPNENEXT
While easy to use, ERPNext like any ERP is a complex system. Taking the help of a qualified consultant will go a long way in ensuring the system is optimally configured for your needs.

And deploying ERPNEXT or OSPOS is a complex process? For an IT professional deploying these easy apps is a complex process? Software that have publicly documented install process? Compared to your custom built solution that hasn't been used anywhere else?

Okay it's complex. I agree. Go ahead and build one from scratch

1 Like

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by BRATISLAVA: 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

And deploying ERPNEXT or OSPOS is a complex process? For an IT professional deploying these easy apps is a complex process? Software that have publicly documented install process? Compared to your custom built solution that hasn't been used anywhere else?

grin

1 Like

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

grin

As in! I have nothing more to say o Brati. Going back and forth about a publicly documented install as complex when their private solution doesn't even have public QA testing document
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I was not the one that said this it is on their website:
ERPNENEXT: "While easy to use, ERPNext like any ERP is a complex system. Taking the help of a qualified consultant will go a long way in ensuring the system is optimally configured for your needs."
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by BRATISLAVA: 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

As in! I have nothing more to say o Brati. Going back and forth about a publicly documented install as complex when their private solution doesn't even have public QA testing document

grin grin

As you are, soldier. We want to see the end of this debate.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2023
CodingSoft:

I was not the one that said this it is on their website:
ERPNENEXT: "While easy to use, ERPNext like any ERP is a complex system. Taking the help of a qualified consultant will go a long way in ensuring the system is optimally configured for your needs."

You are right. A POS software is a very complex software. OP should make sure they are working with the right developer like you and have an agreement to only pay per delivery of each functionality that has been tested it and works fine.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 9:56pm On Apr 03, 2023
airsaylongcome:

You are right. A POS software is a very complex software. OP should make sure they are working with the right developer like you and have an agreement to only pay per delivery of each functionality that has been tested it and works fine.

I have given the OP a professional advice based on my over a decade software development experience in Europe and having my own SASS application currently being used by professional firms in Europe and you have also given the OP other options of an off-the-shelf POS application. Going on the links you posted earlier there was nothing to indicate that they also have a mobile app version and I pointed this out as well as having owner and manager like the OP would like it.
Now it's up to the OP to decide which option is best for them.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 11:32pm On Apr 03, 2023
CodingSoft:

I have given the OP a professional advice based on my over a decade software development experience in Europe and having my own SASS application currently being used by professional firms in Europe and you have also given the OP other options of an off-the-shelf POS application. Going on the links you posted earlier there was nothing to indicate that they also have a mobile app version and I pointed this out as well as having owner and manager like the OP would like it.
Now it's up to the OP to decide which option is best for them.  

When people come around throwing "my over a decade software development experience in Europe" I get completely irritated because I probably set foot in Europe before you even knew where Europe was. And schooled there as well. And worked there too. So please dey your lane and don't think spending 10 years working in Europe is some kind of license to be an authority in ordinary POS checkout system that OP isn't even able fully spec out. I'm done.

1 Like

Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 4:29am On Apr 04, 2023
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by CodingSoft: 3:42pm On Apr 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

When people come around throwing "my over a decade software development experience in Europe" I get completely irritated because I probably set foot in Europe before you even knew where Europe was. And schooled there as well. And worked there too. So please dey your lane and don't think spending 10 years working in Europe is some kind of license to be an authority in ordinary POS checkout system that OP isn't even able fully spec out. I'm done.

I will make it clear to you again that businesses that can afford it do get their own software development team together to create their own custom software with their own specific requirements which an off-the-shelf does not provide. It's up to the OP to try an off-the-shelf to see if it will suit them.
The OP spec is clear enough and it just requires a few clarifications for a development team to be sure about their requirements.

Here are some disadvantages from online reviews of ERPNext at https://www.capterra.co.uk/reviews/164441/erpnext
"The software slows down most times, the offline sysnchronization time is slow, and also its still lacks a lot of features."

"Bugs. Unfortunately, open source means that some code is not high quality. Another factor is the poor management of Git pull requests. I've created several bug fixes that languished until deactivated by automated robot after a month or two with little response from product owners. Many of these bugs are quite serious, particularly around the payroll module. Many, less serious and obvious issues, exist over major versions without resolution."

"Poor user portal, lack of deep dev documentation especialy for the js (client) side"

You can get irritated, but the truth is that computers and software development originated overseas and getting many years of experience in those countries where they originated has a very big advantage.

And to even irritate you further I have worked on projects paying over 500 euros a day to write new custom software for organisations that can afford to put a software team together to write their own requirements. Such organisations will not spend over 500 euros on developers, BAs and project managers if on off-the-shelf software was available the meets all their needs.
Re: POS App Developer Needed. by airsaylongcome: 4:01pm On Apr 04, 2023
CodingSoft:

And to even irritate you further I have worked on projects paying over 500 euros a day to write new custom software for organisations that can afford to put a software team together to write their own requirements. Such organisations will not spend over 500 euros on developers, BAs and project managers if on off-the-shelf software was available the meets all their needs.

€500 per diem is supposed to "irritate" me? Come around when you are pulling £1000 per diem on an SAP project

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dotnet / C++ / Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.