Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Why We Don’t Respect Others’ Political Beliefs (REVEALED) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Don’t Respect Others’ Political Beliefs (REVEALED) (170 Views)

Masari: Most Bandits Are Fulani Who Profess Same Religious Beliefs As Me / We Don’t Issue Certificates Twice, We Only Issued Attestation To Buhari - WAEC / “buhari Will Destroy Nigeria If We Don’t Drive Him Away” – Fayose Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Don’t Respect Others’ Political Beliefs (REVEALED) by ituglobal(m): 3:16pm On Mar 31, 2023
Many people automatically assume that if they like a political candidate, this means all those who do not support the candidate are bad people, and if they hate a political candidate, it means all those who support the candidate are bad people. The truth is that any political candidate with a number of supporters will eventually have some people who are not happy with them. All but the most dedicated bad players in politics will usually have some supporters who are happy with them.

When someone is politically biased, any real event that corroborates their beliefs will simply make those beliefs more embedded in their psyche; while any real event that goes contrary to their belief would be dismissed as a mere exception.

I always say that people do not speak what everybody thinks about politics; they speak their personal beliefs about politics. In that same way, I'd like to point out that my statements reflect my beliefs. I find my political beliefs useful for myself, for we always think others should believe what we believe. As for me, I’m happy to share my beliefs with my readers. However, if your political beliefs are not similar to mine, then this information may not be useful to you. Thus, if you are inclined to go through some sort of intellectual exercise to prove one of my beliefs wrong, simply remember that everyone can usually find lots of evidence to support their beliefs and refute others. Just know that I admit that these are my political beliefs and that your beliefs might be different.”
Re: Why We Don’t Respect Others’ Political Beliefs (REVEALED) by ituglobal(m): 3:27pm On Mar 31, 2023
Haa... People are extremely bitter, hateful, desperate and aggressive because of politics.

(1) (Reply)

Ahead May 29, Lagosians List Expectations From Sanwo-olu / The Making Of The 10th National Assembly / Governorship Lally For Dino Melaye, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.