Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,400 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

The Fingreen Initiative - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Fingreen Initiative (157 Views)

Success Story Of Financial Literacy Programme - Fingreen / Ex-CBN Deputy Governor, Tunde Lemo, Launches "Lending A Helping Hand Initiative" / Governance For Development In Africa Initiative Residential Schools 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fingreen Initiative by Tomiisinade: 4:01pm On Mar 31, 2023
In June 2022, I heard of FinGreen. I had no idea what it meant or stood for; at one point, I thought it was something that had to do with the environment.
Then I researched and discovered that it is a financial literacy programme. My initial thought about this programme was that this was what the Nigerian youths need because most of us have no knowledge about the concept of Finances apart from receiving and spending, and maybe saving occasionally, which doesn’t always work because we always use those savings to ‘save’ ourselves when things get tight.

An essential piece of information I found is that the initiative is a signature financial literacy programme of the well-known direct-selling company QNET; in Nigeria, this initiative was launched in partnership with Transblue. Based on this information I garnered, I read about why a company like QNET would have thought of this programme in the first place.

As a company that deals with entrepreneurship, QNET understands that individuals need financial inclusion and education to build successful entrepreneurs. Through FinGreen, the challenge of financial know-how faced by young people is addressed through education and training.

During the first phase, the participants changed their mindsets and acquired entrepreneurial and employability skills. These skills aren’t taught in schools, but youths are expected to possess these skills when searching for a job, so the fact that a company has decided to teach these skills for no cost is an excellent thing and those who can take advantage of this.

I eagerly await hearing or reading about the next phase's announcement this year. I hope it's soon because I want to be financially literate this year. This will help me better manage my finances and acquire those skills we’re always expected to have when asked at a job interview.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wrestlemania 39 Live Stream Free: How To Watch Online Today, Night 1 & 2 Cards / 3 Tips For Finding A Great Building Facade Cleaning Service / Lampard Appointed Chelsea's Interim Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.